Wolfofdogs

Trade Lock Really Bugs Me

Otakutron
On 11/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, kodking said:

makes game semi dependent on RL card purchasing

1. The PTCGO exists as a reward system for purchasing cards IRL and is the best approach to a free-to-play game, at least that I've seen.  As opposed to spending real money on completely virtual products, you get them as a bonus for buying the real thing.  What if you just want virtual product?  You can just buy the Redemption Code cards themselves.
  2. Did you know that in some games like this, you cannot share cards between different decks?  Meaning if I have three decks built and I want them each to contain one copy of Card A, I need three total copies of Card A.  So... the Dev's are already being more than generous in this sense.
  3. Plenty of folks are able to play without purchasing physical product, including not buying Redemption Codes.  By the time I had someone give me a Redemption Code card they didn't need, I'd already built up a solid collection, including one Tropical Beach!

The only real con to "tradelocked" in-game items is the missed opportunity when you get one you don't need.  No, I don't like it when I get a tradelocked pack, bust it open, and I already had a four-count of everything inside... but I don't let it make me stupid.

Edited by Otakutron
Clarified #1

TheMy5teryMan

Idk why they don't print money and give it to everyone:

Here's the pros and cons

WARNING VERY FEW CONS:

Pros:
we all become rich
people don't have to worry about money anymore
no more debt weeeeee

Cons:
inflation

as you can see printing infinite money is the solution. thank you for coming to my ted talk

• Like 1

kodking
7 minutes ago, TheMy5teryMan said:

Idk why they don't print money and give it to everyone:

Here's the pros and cons

WARNING VERY FEW CONS:

Pros:
we all become rich
people don't have to worry about money anymore
no more debt weeeeee

Cons:
inflation

as you can see printing infinite money is the solution. thank you for coming to my ted talk

yes but then printing to much money can lead to money being as worthless as stuff like dirt. u see anything could be used as currency. so long as there is a limited supply of it it is valuable, the reaosn why some countries struggle is because they have produced tooo much money so it has become worthless because its in plenty of supply, its a balancing act with money. too much and it becomes worthless, too little and u make the country poor in a way. that begin said. if costs for things increase ad permanently increase and the amount of money stays the same it can screw things up as there is not enough money to keep up with the costs. or at least that is how i was rasied to understand it. enough about financial stuff, lets get back to pokemon

Felidae_

We've reached a point where I honestly can't tell any more if you are trolling, or if your replies are meant to be taken serious.

Maybe we've already reached a new meta layer and all of this is beyond me...

kodking
1 hour ago, Felidae_ said:

We've reached a point where I honestly can't tell any more if you are trolling, or if your replies are meant to be taken serious.

Maybe we've already reached a new meta layer and all of this is beyond me...

my last post was serious, as with most of my pothers i dont troll. i may joke, but i make it obvious when i am joking.

TheMy5teryMan

yes but then printing to much money can lead to money being as worthless as stuff like dirt. u see anything could be used as currency. so long as there is a limited supply of it it is valuable

Are you starting to see why making all packs tradeable can be a bad thing? It would 100% ruin the economy of PTCGO, and just make packs worth less. Meaning that it would cost you even more to trade for what you wanted.

kodking
7 hours ago, TheMy5teryMan said:

Are you starting to see why making all packs tradeable can be a bad thing? It would 100% ruin the economy of PTCGO, and just make packs worth less. Meaning that it would cost you even more to trade for what you wanted.

yes,  so what if cards rise in price of packs, there will be more acks to trade, also u will be able to trade away cards u dont need that other people.

Otakutron

The Dev Team has increased how many tradeable packs we can earn before, and prices did indeed inflate.  @kodking you are right that we might be better off with the increase, but so are those warning it may cause inflation that leads you to ultimately be worse off than when you started.

Jigglypuffan

suggestion , you can make all card not locked from an account.. but you have to pay money to get this advantage on 1 account.. so people won't multi account to cheat..

just an idea , i dont thinked much if it make sens or not.

CrimsonLeon

really  easy fix rather thin monthly reward list we get a weekly one. or at least lower the in game price of older packs .Being able to get more cards would bring people back and weekly rewards would make it so people can get by better  wile cash players still having the betters odds for a wile on each new pack/deck  and what not.

I dont really think they even take the ideas and put them in game do thay .Normly just see the same red post

SandaledOtter
1 hour ago, CrimsonLeon said:

really  easy fix rather thin monthly reward list we get a weekly one. or at least lower the in game price of older packs .Being able to get more cards would bring people back and weekly rewards would make it so people can get by better  wile cash players still having the betters odds for a wile on each new pack/deck  and what not.

I dont really think they even take the ideas and put them in game do thay .Normly just see the same red post

Accelerating the ladder from the current 3 weeks to a single week would not bring people back more than it would drive them away. You seek either more grinding of the ladder, something they have actively discouraged by limiting the extra prizes you can get, or a smaller ladder which would have fewer prizes.

You already get a pack every 5 days just for logging in.

Felidae_
6 hours ago, CrimsonLeon said:

Nothing we post matters to the developers,yet  somehow the feedback forum is still alive so might as well continue.

CrimsonLeon
15 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

Accelerating the ladder from the current 3 weeks to a single week would not bring people back more than it would drive them away. You seek either more grinding of the ladder, something they have actively discouraged by limiting the extra prizes you can get, or a smaller ladder which would have fewer prizes.

You already get a pack every 5 days just for logging in.

that 1 pack every 5 days does nothing  that fact that it takes as long as it does to even get a half ok deck on the f2p side if u are lucky .Then even once u do by that time new cards are out that out right roll over 90% of the older cards.By that point.

In less u can snipe codes of yt u can not get by in anything other thin theme vs theme.Im betting that alone pushes a lot away.

I may be wrong but this month list even looked like they lowered the amount of coins u win for the monthly list.

If people are willing to put in the time i dont see why we cant be rewarded for it. after 12 wins its pointless to farm after that really.

Otakutron
12 hours ago, CrimsonLeon said:

that 1 pack every 5 days does nothing  that fact that it takes as long as it does to even get a half ok deck on the f2p side if u are lucky .

Not sure what you mean.

No, really.  I'm a free-to-player as well.  The "trick" is learning how the in-game economy works, and how best to grind both the tradeable and the tradelocked rewards.  You never actually define how "long" this is taking, but the fact you're complaining suggests you're either impatient or ignorant of how to do so optimally.  The short version is you need to learn how to trade, as well as completing the Trainer Challenge, and then spend some time in the Theme Format... and you really should do those last two just to make sure you understand the differences between playing with physical cards and going through the PTCGO, anyway.  If you think "sniping codes" is necessary, you're doing it wrong.

CrimsonLeon
7 hours ago, Otakutron said:

Not sure what you mean.

No, really.  I'm a free-to-player as well.  The "trick" is learning how the in-game economy works, and how best to grind both the tradeable and the tradelocked rewards.  You never actually define how "long" this is taking, but the fact you're complaining suggests you're either impatient or ignorant of how to do so optimally.  The short version is you need to learn how to trade, as well as completing the Trainer Challenge, and then spend some time in the Theme Format... and you really should do those last two just to make sure you understand the differences between playing with physical cards and going through the PTCGO, anyway.  If you think "sniping codes" is necessary, you're doing it wrong.

The fact that u cant trade bound cards and only buying or sniping codes is one why yes but other thin that u have to enter tournaments thats prue luck .every other reward is bond and non trade able.

And yes i didnt say how long it takes because   its a unknown thing really the time it takes is diff for every one to get a ok deck.

U say u need to learn how to trade lol.That in its self need unbound pack as i said theres only 3 ways to get them buy real packs ,snipe codes on yt if u can, %based luck in torments  to even start let alone lol as u say learn to trade.Iv been playing off and on  a lot this is my 2nd account after not playing for a long time and forgetting my mail and ************ on my first account.

so plz tell me how im wrong on anything.

If u are not sniping coeds u have to buy real packs or  very slowly try your luck at torments .

In less u are running  more thin 1  account to solo torments and cheat that way to get packs.

Yes u can play the market if u are  lucky and have what people what but its no where near  as good as it use to be a lot less people nowadays.

to play the market u need x cards or packs  to try and trade up.Playing the market is not hard but  having the right card or packs to do it is .In so need a lot of time to start to get the ball rolling and luck.

SandaledOtter
2 hours ago, CrimsonLeon said:

Tournaments aren't pure luck. There is luck involved, but you need to learn how best to use your cards, and you need to pay attention to what your opponent is doing.

There are tradable boosters rewarded for KO challenges when you reach level 16.

Oh, and Pikachu Avatar Collection boxes.

Edited by SandaledOtter
  • Upvote 1

Otakutron
12 hours ago, CrimsonLeon said:

@CrimsonLeon Do you really want to have a discussion?  I'm no one important, but I still have better things I can spend my time on other than helping you, which is what I'm trying to do.  The fact that I'm bothering to answer you is already me giving you the benefit of the doubt; you're an account with a low-post count grumbling about the game, getting objective things about it wrong, and making posts that are oddly messy... like someone just yanking our chain "4 teh lols".

@SandaledOtter already pointed out where you were objectively wrong about stuff.  I'll cut you a little slack, because the Knock Out Daily Challenge only rewards you with a tradeable booster pack once you've leveled up enough and yeah, learning how to trade well requires a lot of packs... or just some humility and asking for help.  Did you learn to read by ignoring everything anyone who already knew how to read tried to teach you, just staring at words until they started to make sense?

I've actually started typing up simplified beginner guides for how to get started but that's a waste of my time if you don't want to read them and they'll make these posts much longer, so other things I say are more likely to get lost in the shuffle.  The short version is you start with the Trainer Challenge, then move onto the Theme Format, and (optionally) from there onto the other Formats.  You don't necessarily stop playing the Theme Format, either; it has its own competitive metagame.