Wolfofdogs

Trade Lock Really Bugs Me

Wolfofdogs

Hello.

I just wanted to know if there is any way to remove trade lock in the game. I feel like it is pointless, making you stick with valuable cards you don’t like or want, knowing that trading them could help you build a deck that you would actually enjoy. So is there a way to remove it? And if there isn’t, is it possible that they will allow it in a future update in the game to remove it or at least make it optional?

Pajacyk

There's no way to remove it and it will not be possible in the future.

DeerDvl514

I can’t trade anything! :( I put all the trading settings in my account and the trading icon doesnt show up on any card in my collection! What’s the point?

MASTERMajora

I'm, personally, not very fond of the trade lock either. I'd love to trade my Full Art Trainer cards for GX Pokemon.

However, the trade lock is there for a reason. I believe that reason is to prevent players from running multiple accounts, getting tons of packs from the ladder, and trading them all to their main account, which would essentially double their rewards. That'd be kind of unfair. The trade lock also promotes spending real money to get code cards from actual packs. 

• Like 2

Otakutron
20 hours ago, MASTERMajora said:

I'm, personally, not very fond of the trade lock either. I'd love to trade my Full Art Trainer cards for GX Pokemon.

However, the trade lock is there for a reason. I believe that reason is to prevent players from running multiple accounts, getting tons of packs from the ladder, and trading them all to their main account, which would essentially double their rewards. That'd be kind of unfair. The trade lock also promotes spending real money to get code cards from actual packs. 

This, though I'll add that you can get tradeable cards even if you spend no money on this game.  The chief method is through playing in Tournaments (Events).

The thing free-to-players need to remember is you start out using the Theme Format, then transition into others.  Oh, and tradeable booster packs are only to be opened if you

• Are good at trading...
  • ...and are willing to invest a lot of time and effort into trading

If not, you're better off keeping them intact as booster packs are basically the real currency of this game.  Oh, and if you absolutely love opening booster packs, to the point where the joy you experience from that is worth more than easier (better?) trading practices, go ahead. XD

Once your collection progresses, tradelocked cards won't be a problem in and of themselves.  Even if you have a tradeable version of something and later get a tradelocked copy, you have the option of trading away the former since you can now use the latter.  Still awkward when you pull something that is really only useful as tradebait when it can't actually be traded... but free game is free.

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 1

kodking
On 11/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, MASTERMajora said:

some people play the online card game because it is like the RL game but u dont have to spend money, i have alot of school friends who play it because they cant afford to cosistently buy cards. 

also i have 7 muk and alolan muk TT cards, now u can only use 4 in a deck. all of them are trade locked. so i have 3 spare muk cards which i could trade for packs i actually need. its not just  muks, i have 5 dedenne GX cards but they are all trade locked, same with jirachis and sooo many more. i would love to trade these off to people who need them as i have no need for them. but i simply cant cause they are trade locked. i understand the whole versus thing, but think about this, it take alot of time to complete one ladder. imagine how long it would take to complete 2 or 3 or even more. that would discourage people to try and complete it twice, say both accounts get half way, that in a way still adds up to 1 ladder completed. i will even do the double account thing just for to prove how difficult it is. at the start of the next rewards ladde ri will make a dud account and try and complete two ladders. then we will see what the results are. my point is while it is a point to consider it still does not outway the bad that trade locked cards have caused. also on a side not even though i said it would take a while for 2 to be complete, for those hardcore constant players who grind the ladder and complete it with still like half a month to go (that has been me on a few occasions) a second ladder would basically give them something to do and more rewards to collect. it takes alot of time and effort to grind the ladder meaning it kind of makes it worth it to those who would grind the ladder twice. plus it does not really harm antyone if they do get those extra rewards. i mean they might only collect the packs so they can trade them off for cards they want or need. that is what i would do. 

'to decide on whether trade-locking should stay or leave they should hold a poll, let the community decide. after all they are the ones that are affected and have to deal with the mechanic.

kodking

also before people say it prevents hackers stealing cards. i have helped a few people out who have lost all their GX and regular cards(even the trade-locked ones) due to hackers. so it does not really help there either.

Mod_GuruLot

Hello Trainers, 

Thank you for taking the time to provide your opinions and feedback on Trade Lock. 

I'll pass them along to the development team for further review. 

Otakutron

@kodking

I'm going to try and be brief (edit:  I failed.  Spectacularly!) to avoid burying my points, but there is a lot to unpack in what you said... that I understood. Your next-most-recent comment is  difficult to read.  Maybe it is as neat as you can make it on the device you're using to post, but I thought you should know in case you wanted to try and clear things up.

I don't want to risk putting words in your mouth, but there is one point I think I picked out correctly:

15 hours ago, kodking said:

i will even do the double account thing just for to prove how difficult it is. at the start of the next rewards ladde ri will make a dud account and try and complete two ladders.

I think this is in response to the idea that if certain rewards were not trade-locked, people could easily farm them.  You forgot about the Daily Login Bonus, as well as how nothing being trade-locked could snowball.  It is super-easy-barely-an-inconvenience to farm the Daily Login Bonus even if you're not skilled enough to create a bot to do it for you.

With a bot, someone might have dozens or even hundreds of duplicate accounts they farm.  Then, with however much more time they want to invest, and adjusting for player skill, then they think about farming the Reward Ladder (in person); grind one with your best deck, then trade that entire deck - cause nothing is trade-locked - to another account.  Repeat as many times are you're able and willing!

Your next comment then sets up a strawman for you to knock down, and even then you don't completely refute the point.

15 hours ago, kodking said:

also before people say it prevents hackers stealing cards. i have helped a few people out who have lost all their GX and regular cards(even the trade-locked ones) due to hackers. so it does not really help there either. 

Trade-locked cards are not about preventing card theft; no one said it, and while some folks might believe it, it doesn't really make much sense.  It is to prevent people from farming in-game rewards and to prevent someone accidentally trading away so many cards they no longer have even a functional deck.  Worst-case-scenario with trade-locked cards is someone trades stuff away until their back to square one: the freebie cards we all received when we first signed up for the game.

Even if trade-locked cards were an anti-theft measure, the fact that some folks have still had their accounts stolen would not prove it completely ineffective.  A single example of something failing only proves it isn't 100% effective, not that it is 0% effective.  You need to demonstrate that the cards which can't be stolen because of being trade-locked aren't worth the loss of potential trades you could make if nothing was trade-locked... and that means addressing the rest of what has been said.

If someone did not have their account hacked and completely stolen but someone still lost trade-locked cards, you need to prove that.  While not impossible, it sounds so hard to do what is the point for the "hacker" doing that and not just farming rewards with multiple accounts?  So not only did you not successfully answer the question you raised, but you undermined your own credibility a little.

Yes, I undermined my own credibility by going on so long when I wanted to keep it short, but this is the shorter version.  I originally was going to carefully explain a lot of what I said, going into more examples like how quickly one could farm with duplicate accounts, no bots, and no trade-locked rewards!

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 1

kodking
2 hours ago, Otakutron said:

I think this is in response to the idea that if certain rewards were not trade-locked, people could easily farm them.  You forgot about the Daily Login Bonus, as well as how nothing being trade-locked could snowball.  It is super-easy-barely-an-inconvenience to farm the Daily Login Bonus even if you're not skilled enough to create a bot to do it for you.

With a bot, someone might have dozens or even hundreds of duplicate accounts they farm.  Then, with however much more time they want to invest, and adjusting for player skill, then they think about farming the Reward Ladder (in person); grind one with your best deck, then trade that entire deck - cause nothing is trade-locked - to another account.  Repeat as many times are you're able and willing!

Your next comment then sets up a strawman for you to knock down, and even then you don't completely refute the point.

Trade-locked cards are not about preventing card theft; no one said it, and while some folks might believe it, it doesn't really make much sense.  It is to prevent people from farming in-game rewards and to prevent someone accidentally trading away so many cards they no longer have even a functional deck.  Worst-case-scenario with trade-locked cards is someone trades stuff away until their back to square one: the freebie cards we all received when we first signed up for the game.

Even if trade-locked cards were an anti-theft measure, the fact that some folks have still had their accounts stolen would not prove it completely ineffective.  A single example of something failing only proves it isn't 100% effective, not that it is 0% effective.  You need to demonstrate that the cards which can't be stolen because of being trade-locked aren't worth the loss of potential trades you could make if nothing was trade-locked... and that means addressing the rest of what has been said.

If someone did not have their account hacked and completely stolen but someone still lost trade-locked cards, you need to prove that.  While not impossible, it sounds so hard to do what is the point for the "hacker" doing that and not just farming rewards with multiple accounts?  So not only did you not successfully answer the question you raised, but you undermined your own credibility a little.

i learnt the hacker thing from people on the game when i asked why cards were trade locked (this was when i first started off)

second i clearly stated how much effort it take to complete the ladder, i also took into fact people trading their decks to their accounts and that makes sense they would do it, that would still mean it takes effort into doing the ladder. i can use me for example. i have professionally made dark deck, fire deck and grass deck. all of them are really strong and allow me to win easily.  but it still takes me at least 3 weeks to fully complete the ladder. so while yes people will transfer decks to other accounts it still does not remove the fact that it still takes time to complete the ladder. now imagine having to trade your one deck to 5 accounts to finish the ladders on all of them.  i never stated the trade lock mechanism for preventing hackers form stealing was completely ineffective. i just said it does not work well enough. your statement about the bot accounts, the daily login rewards are not much. also very few people would have the knowledge to make a bot.

again i will state. the tradelock mechanism creates more cons that pros. so to decide what really happens, a poll should be held. we get to vote on whether the trade lock stays or not. worse comes to worse they re implement it.  at least make ladder rewards and packs u purchase form the store tradable and the cards that come out of it

Otakutron
34 minutes ago, kodking said:

second i clearly stated how much effort it take to complete the ladder...

...which does not matter!  Picking this one point to focus on since you missed it in my previous bloated post:

Without trade-locked packs, people would exploit the Daily Login Bonus!  I suspect those who are competent programmers could design a "Login Bot" that would just log in, obtain the daily bonus, log back out, maybe take advantage of a VPN to switch IPs, then log into the next duplicate account.  They could farm hundreds of accounts a day, maybe more!

Even those who can't code to save their lives could just manually burn some time to do this, and we'd have to because the inflation this would cause on the trading market would drive up "prices".  No grinding of the Reward Ladder is even required, and the time would probably be better spent farming the Daily Login bonus from duplicate accounts.

Felidae_
1 hour ago, kodking said:

i learnt the hacker thing from people on the game when i asked why cards were trade locked (this was when i first started off)

Kid, we all know you mean well but by God you must stop being so naive at some point in your life.

Before you repeat what random guys in game tell you, or what you have heard from a friend of a friend, try to look at the situation from an outside perspective. Why was Pokemon TCGO created, what is the gain for the developer / TPCI and what benefits would a trade lock on certain products create?

It doesn't really take long to come to a conclusion here and protecting from hackers is certainly not the first idea that should spring to mind.

Otakutron already wrote a beautiful explanation and Majora hit the nail on the head, so I'll only add this: Do you also get the news ladder that often contains a code for a booster in game. How about receiving not one, but 1.000, or 100.000 codes for 1.000 – 100.000 accounts. Now imagine all of those boosters being trade able.... You can kiss the entire economy good bye within a couple of days.

• Upvote 1

kodking
22 minutes ago, Felidae_ said:

Kid, we all know you mean well but by God you must stop being so naive at some point in your life.

Before you repeat what random guys in game tell you, or what you have heard from a friend of a friend, try to look at the situation from an outside perspective. Why was Pokemon TCGO created, what is the gain for the developer / TPCI and what benefits would a trade lock on certain products create?

It doesn't really take long to come to a conclusion here and protecting from hackers is certainly not the first idea that should spring to mind.

Otakutron already wrote a beautiful explanation and Majora hit the nail on the head, so I'll only add this: Do you also get the news ladder that often contains a code for a booster in game. How about receiving not one, but 1.000, or 100.000 codes for 1.000 – 100.000 accounts. Now imagine all of those boosters being trade able.... You can kiss the entire economy good bye within a couple of days.

make the daily rewards trade locked, since they dont give much people wont care as much. also are we not supposed to ask for advice and answers from players of the community, so me asking why tradelock is a thing and what its for when i was a noob is reasonable and what is encouraged because its asking questions about something i dont know. there is no real gain for the devs of this game as there is no profit form it, unless u want to buys RL cards. i dont think people would be stupid enough to buy cards only for the codes. since there is nothin like micro-transactions or memberships therefore the dev gain nothing from the game aside from the admiration of the players for not adding these kind of cheap mechanics. also i am studying coding aswell as how to develop games. making a bot is more challenging than u think. being an A grader in my class i still would not have the knowledge to make a simple bot able to do this. i want at the very least for pack obtained via market and rewards ladder to be tradable as well as the cards from them. majora's post was about how it would not be fair as people would use multiple accounts to grind the ladders, i stated it takes alot of effort to complete 1 ladder, completing multiple ladders would be extremely hard, he then stated the trade lock promotes spending real money  the get code cards from actual packs. again i guarantee people have made TCGO accounts because they dont want to buys real cards due to how expensive they can be. again there being no micro-transactions or membership fees makes the game more appealing to people who dont want to spend real money on cards.

i will state again,  tradelock causes more cons thant pros. for those who dont understand. it causes more problems than it solves.

Otakutron

i will state again,  tradelock causes more cons thant pros. for those who dont understand. it causes more problems than it solves.

Yes, you've stated this multiple times.  You have yet to adequately explain it, however.  Part of that might be because it really is difficult to read what you're writing.  I get it; you may have reasons that prevent you from typing things out neatly... but that means owning it and typing shorter posts, so it doesn't matter as much.  I don't bring this up because I want to poke fun of your typing, but because I can't tell how much of your explanations I'm missing, versus the ones where there is nothing to miss.

make the daily rewards trade locked, since they dont give much people wont care as much.

I picked this out because here you did address what someone said.  It doesn't refute the point entirely, but it establishes you're willing to accept some things be trade-locked.  As someone who struggles to understand why folks would expect every card in this game to be tradeable, even after they understand the fundamentals on the in-game economy, I actually expect most of those same folks would complain, but it is progress.

I think you now understand that the "anti-theft" thing was just someone who didn't know what they were talking about either teasing a newbie, or just trying to answer in their ignorance.  @MASTERMajora may have overstated his case, but I believe it is true that we only receive as many in-game rewards as we do because most of them are trade-locked.  If nothing is trade-locked, then how much we receive will likely diminish or how we earn them may become more demanding.  Maybe both.

Like I said, you now have recognized that the Daily Login bonus can be abused.  I don't know if the Reward Ladder can but I can tell your proposed experiment to test it is flawed.  Obviously, you can't trade your best deck from account to account... well, maybe you can if everything in it isn't tradelocked.  However, you need to do the math and see if completing the Reward Ladder is the optimal approach.  It may not be!  After all, that first Tier requires less effort to claim its admittedly lesser Prizes.  I have not worked this out myself, so I may be mistaken.

Ugh, I really wanted to keep this one short, so there would be no excuses for missing what it is I am saying.  It is okay to disagree with me, but you seem to be missing so much of what it is I've written that I worry my posts are as hard for you to read as yours are for me.  Before you go through with your multi-account experiment - and be careful with that, as it might violate the EULA - you need to determine what variables are being tested and whether it is even worth it for the one thing you cannot test: how the market will react.  The short version is, based times when tradeable in-game rewards have been both harder and easier to come by, prices will inflate and we'll be no better (probably worse) off than under the current system.

Edited by Otakutron

kodking
41 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

I think you now understand that the "anti-theft" thing was just someone who didn't know what they were talking about either teasing a newbie, or just trying to answer in their ignorance.  @MASTERMajora may have overstated his case, but I believe it is true that we only receive as many in-game rewards as we do because most of them are trade-locked.  If nothing is trade-locked, then how much we receive will likely diminish or how we earn them may become more demanding.  Maybe both.

Like I said, you now have recognized that the Daily Login bonus can be abused.  I don't know if the Reward Ladder can but I can tell your proposed experiment to test it is flawed.  Obviously, you can't trade your best deck from account to account... well, maybe you can if everything in it isn't tradelocked.  However, you need to do the math and see if completing the Reward Ladder is the optimal approach.  It may not be!  After all, that first Tier requires less effort to claim its admittedly lesser Prizes.  I have not worked this out myself, so I may be mistaken.

Ugh, I really wanted to keep this one short, so there would be no excuses for missing what it is I am saying.  It is okay to disagree with me, but you seem to be missing so much of what it is I've written that I worry my posts are as hard for you to read as yours are for me.  Before you go through with your multi-account experiment - and be careful with that, as it might violate the EULA - you need to determine what variables are being tested and whether it is even worth it for the one thing you cannot test: how the market will react.  The short version is, based times when tradeable in-game rewards have been both harder and easier to come by, prices will inflate and we'll be no better (probably worse) off than under the current system.

when making the first post i did consider people making bots to auto farm the rewards. but i know it is harder than it seem meaning it would be very hard and extremely difficult, dont ask me to go into the details as to how because i really dont want to have to make a huge post explaining. in doing so i may open up the pathway for just about anyone to make a bot which would inevitably bring apon what we did not want.

i remember clearly asking why trade lock was for in the games server chat, multiple people stated clearly it was to prevent hacker form stealing cards. at the time i figured ok that is reasonable. in that time i have helped at least 5 people who have had all their cards stolen (including trade-locked) due to a hacker. one person even lost 4 reshi-zard cards which were trade locked which really suck considering how hard they are to find and OP they are in battles when used right.

i understand what u are saying and i gratefully acknowledge it. as for my experiment i planned to call it  Dudmon, i planned to use a theme deck for both accounts (most likely going the be relelntless flame) then if possible delete the account after the experiment is done. i would then post my results to claim whether what i stated was true or not. however in the past i have battled on my younger brothers account using his RF deck to help him move along and gain rewards. it was tiring and hard to work on 2 ladders. i only just managed to complete mines while just getting my brother to the end of the 1 star stage.

i am willing to make a list of pros and cons about the trade lock mechanics.

Edited by kodking

kodking

or a another idea would to make an option to turn tradelock on and off.

Felidae_
10 hours ago, Otakutron said:

Like I said, you now have recognized that the Daily Login bonus can be abused.  I don't know if the Reward Ladder can but ***** **

*** has been heavily abused in the past, leading to a bunch of accounts being banned:

In order to complete the ladder as fast as possible, a bunch of players agreed to the so called “gentleman's rule”. The player who gets the initial coin-flip would be declared the winner and the other player would quit immediately, drastically shortening the time it took to complete the ladder while also abusing the fact that neither ELO, nor your w/l record really matters in this game (unless you want to compete with the very best players).

This lead to an invasion of bots that would run games 24/7 with this method (if the opponent wouldn't quit they'd just let the timer run out and force quit themselves), leading to an environment where it could take several attempts before you actually found a real match (you know, for those of us you want to play the game).

The effect of this method could also be observed on the leader board, where pretty much the entire top was consisting of a bunch of nonsense / gibberish names, all belonging to bots (proofing once again how ridiculous a leader board is that doesn't factor in loses...).

Now you may ask: what was the gain for those bots I everything is trade-locked to begin with?

The main reason was to supply them with coins, in order to keep spamming bad trades (you can avoid this by having multiple accounts accept the bad trades from each other, avoiding a lose of the coin fee in the process, though I think the former method was easier, as you could just run it on auto pilot 24/7).

Eventually the developers addressed the issue and banned a bunch of accounts, leading to a lot of drama on the forums (especially from users you “just” abused the system to complete the ladder), however it took nearly 6 months before they sprung into action, so it its easy to see how much damage could be done if the ladder rewards became trade-able.

@ kodking: One last thing for the record:

Please don't try to prove anything by creating multiple accounts on your own.

1. You break the terms and conditions and could get both of your accounts banned.

2. We don't talk about physically playing on multiple accounts ,or sharing your “good deck”. We are talking about automated bots and ways to ***** this system in ways that you seemingly can't comprehend. This is actually to your ******, as decent people don't come up with those ideas, but sadly all it takes is a couple of rotten eggs to break down an entire ecosystem.

• Upvote 1

Felidae_
9 hours ago, kodking said:

when making the first post i did consider people making bots to auto farm the rewards. but i know it is harder than it seem meaning it would be very hard and extremely difficult, dont ask me to go into the details as to how because i really dont want to have to make a huge post explaining. in doing so i may open up the pathway for just about anyone to make a bot which would inevitably bring apon what we did not want.

Please do. Seriously, I'm willing to take the risk that your explanation is used as a blueprint for the scum of the earth to invade the game (because clearly something like this doesn't already exist in the internet...).🙄

i remember clearly asking why trade lock was for in the games server chat, multiple people stated clearly it was to prevent hacker form stealing cards. at the time i figured ok that is reasonable. in that time i have helped at least 5 people who have had all their cards stolen (including trade-locked) due to a hacker. one person even lost 4 reshi-zard cards which were trade locked which really suck considering how hard they are to find and OP they are in battles when used right.

What proof do you have of this? If those where real life friends of yours I'm willing to cut you some slack, but everything you bring up this story it just screams to me that someone took advantage of your kindness.

This is a bit off topic but I also have to address statements like these:

#one person even lost 4 reshi-zard cards which were trade locked which really suck considering how hard they are to find and OP they are in battles when used right.#

You are nice guy, very helpful and one of the newer members that brought new life into this forum, but please stop acting as this is your freaking schools playground where you and your friends compare *********.

Mod_GuruLot

Hello @Felidae_

Thank you for your helpful responses in this forum! :) 

kodking
10 hours ago, Felidae_ said:

What proof do you have of this? If those where real life friends of yours I'm willing to cut you some slack, but everything you bring up this story it just screams to me that someone took advantage of your kindness.

This is a bit off topic but I also have to address statements like these:

You are nice guy, very helpful and one of the newer members that brought new life into this forum, but please stop acting as this is your freaking schools playground where you and your friends compare *********.

they joined my discord server and i helped them out by giving some codes or GX cards that were tradable, i am kind and like to help, but i needed evidence before i helped them, so i knew they were not faking.

they also done screen share to show they they had no cards.

Edited by kodking

kodking

so here is a list fo pros and cons that the trade lock system contains,

WARNING: VERY FEW PROS

pros

. prevents people from farming daily login rewards using bots (not very likely to happen)

cons

. prevents people from trading cards they dont need or want to people who need the cards

. makes game semi dependent on RL card purchasing

. can prevent people from trading cards they have 12 extra copies of

so to explain myself a bit more. the second con dot points basically points out, unless u are a rpo or have a professional deck u cant really win events. even in theme format, as u are most likely to be put against someone better than you. meaning u have to spent real life cash on cards to obtain tradable packs. the third one may be hard to understand. if u are like me and focus on one certain series u can end up with over 10 cards of the same copy. to name a few. welder, greens exploration, nest ball, wish batton and so on. since only 4 t max can be used it kinda pointless to have more meaning they are wasted cards that could be traded to others.

• Downvote 1

XK920XK
40 minutes ago, kodking said:

so here is a list fo pros and cons that the trade lock system contains,

WARNING: VERY FEW PROS

pros

. prevents people from farming daily login rewards using bots (not very likely to happen)

cons

. prevents people from trading cards they dont need or want to people who need the cards

. makes game semi dependent on RL card purchasing

. can prevent people from trading cards they have 12 extra copies of

so to explain myself a bit more. the second con dot points basically points out, unless u are a rpo or have a professional deck u cant really win events. even in theme format, as u are most likely to be put against someone better than you. meaning u have to spent real life cash on cards to obtain tradable packs. the third one may be hard to understand. if u are like me and focus on one certain series u can end up with over 10 cards of the same copy. to name a few. welder, greens exploration, nest ball, wish batton and so on. since only 4 t max can be used it kinda pointless to have more meaning they are wasted cards that could be traded to others.

In life you dont measure things by a number. As long as that one PRO does what its intended to do, then thats all that matters.

Example, Car Seatbelts.

Pro:

Saves Lives

Cons:

Cost money to make and install

Uncomfortable

Takes time to put on

who cares what the cons are, as long as it does its job, thats all that matters.

• Upvote 1

Felidae_

Don't know what's funnier at this point: You, ignoring several other “pro” arguments that have been carefully explained over the course of this thread, your 2nd “cons” argument that pretty much demands TPCI do be a charity, rather than aiming for profits and lastly your hilarious explanation that puts emphasize on the fact that 12 > 4. It was really hard to understand though, but I used all of my brain power, wrote a short thesis on the subject and eventually arrived at the same conclusion.

• Upvote 1

kodking
5 hours ago, XK920XK said:

In life you dont measure things by a number. As long as that one PRO does what its intended to do, then thats all that matters.

Example, Car Seatbelts.

Pro:

Saves Lives

Cons:

Cost money to make and install

Uncomfortable

Takes time to put on

who cares what the cons are, as long as it does its job, thats all that matters.

as i stated, the pro that is is "meant" to achieve is pointless, as i already stated making a bot and algorithm to do the task is harder than people think, meaning very few people would do it. those cons for the seatbelt are weak, fiirstly u must be a child if seatbelt irritate you, secondly it take one second to put them on. the cons outweigh the pros for the trade lcok not only by number but also usfulness. 

2 hours ago, Felidae_ said:

Don't know what's funnier at this point: You, ignoring several other “pro” arguments that have been carefully explained over the course of this thread, your 2nd “cons” argument that pretty much demands TPCI do be a charity, rather than aiming for profits and lastly your hilarious explanation that puts emphasize on the fact that 12 > 4. It was really hard to understand though, but I used all of my brain power, wrote a short thesis on the subject and eventually arrived at the same conclusion.

u mean the pros that are also pointless like the rewards ladder and daily challenges. let me just point out it takes alot of time to grind one ladder let alone multiple. second to make a bot or AI smart enough to even know and achieve the fundimental basic of the game is stupidly hard. the AI would need to think and adapt to the player who obviously would win, meaning the bot cant do the ladder or challenges. please by all means name the other pros and i will explain how they are pointless. bty i am not trying to be rude or condisending, i am just trying to highlight the fact tradelock does nothing to really "help" players. therefore it is pointless as it serves not immediate purpose.

SandaledOtter

Only one person needs to make a bot. The internet allows distribution of software.

Running a bot is as simple as the person creating it wants it to be.

They have already existed, and had a significant impact on the gameplay experience and the ladder.

No, having extra copies of cards you can't trade or even use doesn't help anyone.

Those cards were free, and they don't cost players anything, either.

• Upvote 1