Sign in to follow this  
Raveller

Groudon Trembling Ground "switch pokemon" exploit

Raveller

card bugs

I was playing another player with Groudon who had just used Trembling Ground.  The card showed "Can't use Trembling Ground this turn" on the current effects.   The opposing player switched the Groudon card out and switched it back in and the player was able activate Trembling Ground a second time in a row.

Not cool.

XK920XK

Anytime you switch a pokemon from the active to bench it resets all conditions and effects on that pokemon.

So what they did is part of the game rules and accurate.

SandaledOtter
8 hours ago, XK920XK said:

Anytime you switch a pokemon from the active to bench it resets all conditions and effects on that pokemon.

So what they did is part of the game rules and accurate.

Yes.

The text of the attack says that "this Pokémon" can't use Trembling Ground on the next turn. Retreating will therefore take away the effect on "that Pokémon," since such effects consider it to be a different Pokémon when it changes zones.

Other attacks may say "no Pokémon" may use the attack, and THOSE would stay in effect. The game is fairly particular about the wording of things.

XK920XK
1 hour ago, SandaledOtter said:

Yes.

The text of the attack says that "this Pokémon" can't use Trembling Ground on the next turn. Retreating will therefore take away the effect on "that Pokémon," since such effects consider it to be a different Pokémon when it changes zones.

Other attacks may say "no Pokémon" may use the attack, and THOSE would stay in effect. The game is fairly particular about the wording of things.

why was i quoted?

SandaledOtter
1 hour ago, XK920XK said:

why was i quoted?

Because I agreed with and didn't want to repeat what you said?

XK920XK

❤️

Sign in to follow this