ThatsAlberto

A really interesting deck

ThatsAlberto

And after a few failed attempts to create a deck, I better understood how to do it and so I created one for the standard format, taking some inspiration from other famous decks.

Here's the list:

15 Pokemon:

4 Mewtwo & Mew Gx UNM71

3 Dedenne Gx UNB57

2 Jirachi Gx UNM79

2 Arceus & Dialga and Palkia Gx CEC156

2 Blastoise & Piplup Gx CEC38

2 Dragonite Gx UNM152

30 Trainer:

4 Fisherman

4 Cherish Ball

4 Bill's Analysis

4 Switch

3 Great Catcher 

3 Misty&Lorelei 

3 Viridian Forest 

2 Mysterious Treasure

2 Choice Helmet

1 Pal Pad

15 Energies:

12 Water Energy

3 Steel Energy

The tactic of this deck is to spam Hydrogenesis and Celestial Judgment, thanks to the ability of Mewtwo & Mew Gx.

Once I give 3 energies to Mewtwo & Mew Gx, I use Hydrogenesis which makes 150, so I give 3 more energies to this card and I restore 150 damage. Now that I have 6 energies, I use Celestial Judgment which makes 270 and it discards 3 energies. Thanks to the Fisherman card, I can recover 4 energies from the discard pile and put it in my hand, then I repeat all again.

At the start of the game, I use Arceus and Dialga & Palkia's Gx attack, which, with 1 water energy and 1 steel energy, increases the damage of my every attack by 30 and every time I kill a pokemon with these upgraded attacks, it gives me an extra prize card.

To support I chose Dedenne Gx, which has an excellent ability, and Jirachi Gx, which removes the weakness of Mewtwo and mew Gx with its ability.

Then Great Catcher, becouse it's a new Guzma and so I chose it; Cherish Balls are essential for decks based on Gx, just like mine; Bill's Analysis is really useful to look for 2 other trainer cards that I need; Switch it's very good; Misty&Lorelei serves to find water energy; Mysterious Treasure is an alternative to the Cherish Ball; Viridian Forest is fantastic at the beginning of the game, because it helps to have those 6 energies first, after I spam without problems; choice helmet because the decks with Mewtwo & Mew are very popular, often there is Dragonite Gx that with Celestial Judgment would kill my Mewtwo & Mew Gx, but not with choice helmet; I put pal pad to retrieve some scrap card from trainer.

What do you think of my deck? Should I change something, or is it okay like this?

Edited by ThatsAlberto

Globe450
On 11/5/2019 at 12:54 PM, ThatsAlberto said:

Once I give 3 energies to Mewtwo & Mew Gx, I use Hydrogenesis which makes 150, so I give 3 more energies to this card and I restore 150 damage. Now that I have 6 energies, I use Celestial Judgment which makes 270 and it discards 3 energies. Thanks to the Fisherman card, I can recover 4 energies from the discard pile and put it in my hand, then I repeat all again.

I just hate those mewmews now power up by Arceus & Dialga and Palkia and those tag team supporters but is good strategy i think 

BTW The name of Dragonite attack is not Celestial Judgment, the name is Sky Judgment instead

SandaledOtter
2 hours ago, Globe450 said:

BTW The name of Dragonite attack is not Celestial Judgment, the name is Sky Judgment instead

Localization, I think.

ThatsAlberto
On 11/10/2019 at 9:16 PM, Globe450 said:

I just hate those mewmews now power up by Arceus & Dialga and Palkia and those tag team supporters but is good strategy i think 

Ok, thank you