Sign in to follow this  
enternalGT

Theme decks worth purchasing to grind for the theme deck events

enternalGT

Cosmic eclipse just came up, is it worth buying or any other theme decks worth grinding for the tournaments

Otakutron

The two new Theme Decks seem worth it to me.  I haven't had a lot of time to test yet, however.  What I can tell you is that we appear to have a solid new Fighting deck and a solid new Water deck.

Edited by Otakutron
I don't know why it censored "Water".

WaffleLycanroc

I would say Relentless Flame, but I  don’t know because 2 new theme decks came out and one of them is a Water deck. Maybe 1 of the new theme decks? I don’t have them so I don’t know.

Chasista
On 11/5/2019 at 4:30 AM, enternalGT said:

Cosmic eclipse just came up, is it worth buying or any other theme decks worth grinding for the tournaments

Absolutely. Kyogre's is very good. Groudon's is not bad at all but I won't say tier 1. Relentless flame, Unseen depths and Blazing volcano are the 3 best Theme.

Th3-S

Before Cosmic Eclipse came, Relentless Flame was the best for grinding events as it is easy to use and has a high chance of winning (also a very hateful deck). Now things have evened out which is a bit of a bummer making event grinding more unpredictable since the newer decks have counters that discourages the previous best decks.

I suggest that you get both the newest Theme Decks to have more options. They're not as easy as Relentless Flame but you'll see for yourself.

Unseen Depths is a hard counter for Relentless Flame although you'll most likely see less of them now. It has more advantage compared to the older decks with Empoleon somewhat replacing Charizard as the new insta-win card. Mirror match however is terrible and not as fun as it's mostly who gets Empoleon the fastest and stay the longest. Energy placing is a pain as most attacks require removing the energy from your Pokemon.

Towering Heights feels like it's made specifically to counter Unseen Depths but can still fare well with other cards as it's Fighting typing hits the weakness of other decks. Against Unseen Depths, your chance of winning is probably above 50%. Getting your Mew out will basically ruin Empoleon's rampage and Aipom's Scampering Tail against Seismitoad's Bulldoze can easily be bypassed by Passimian's Spike Draw, Draw Energy, Hau, Lillie and Bug Catcher (that's a lot!). It is also consistent in energy and has better nuke potential unlike Unseen Depths. Unseen Depths is the most popular of the two which makes this deck very relevant.

All in all, I'd say that Theme Deck is more balanced now (except for the very old decks of course).

Edited by Th3-S
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this