RinceRaven

[Card] Blacephalon GX LOT 52 + Beast Energy Prism Star FLI 117

RinceRaven

When Blacephalon GX uses it's Mind Blown attack with a Beast Energy Prism Star attached choosing to put the Beast energy in the lost zone it doesn't add the 30 damage provided by Beast Energy Prism Star. However it is supposed to add this damage. A quote from the rulings compendium black and white updated at September 12, 2019, 7:25 pm:

Mind Blown    (Blacephalon GX - Lost Thunder)

Q. If Blacephalon GX uses its "Mind Blown" attack to discard a Beast Energy as one of the Fire Energy discarded, does it still get the +30 damage bonus from Beast Energy?
A. Yes, it does. The energy cards are chosen, then Damage is calculated before the cards are sent to the Lost Zone. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

This issue has many times cost me games or advantageous situations and disables me from properly testing and playing my deck versus other people I am unable to get eye-to-eye with.

This issue also has been reported before but so far hasn't even been added to the known bugs list, please at least add it there and treat it with the appropriate urge afterwards.

Thank you very much.

armlessturtle

Are you sure there wasn't a damage prevention effect in play? For instance, if Aether Paradise Conservation Area is in play that prevents 30 damage, then the "Damage Increased" text wont show. Game logs are necessary for devs to make sure there isn't something in play affecting the damage for them to think it is a bug.

RinceRaven

Okay, it appears the bug doesn't exist at the moment. I know it has in the past, and has persisted for far too long. I also never saw the bug being resolved in any kind of patch notes anywhere. So when after a while I tried playing the deck again I missed a knockout which seemed to be because of that bug I will admit I rushed to the boards as I was quite frustrated. I got a match today where the cards functioned as they should so I suppose it has been fixed. My bad. Glad I can play Blacephalon normally again :)

Mod_GuruLot
On 11/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, armlessturtle said:

Are you sure there wasn't a damage prevention effect in play? For instance, if Aether Paradise Conservation Area is in play that prevents 30 damage, then the "Damage Increased" text wont show. Game logs are necessary for devs to make sure there isn't something in play affecting the damage for them to think it is a bug.

Hello @armlessturtle

Awesome! Thank you for helping out a fellow trainer with some helpful tips.

Mod_GuruLot
On 11/2/2019 at 1:28 AM, RinceRaven said:

When Blacephalon GX uses it's Mind Blown attack with a Beast Energy Prism Star attached choosing to put the Beast energy in the lost zone it doesn't add the 30 damage provided by Beast Energy Prism Star. However it is supposed to add this damage. A quote from the rulings compendium black and white updated at September 12, 2019, 7:25 pm:

Mind Blown    (Blacephalon GX - Lost Thunder)

Q. If Blacephalon GX uses its "Mind Blown" attack to discard a Beast Energy as one of the Fire Energy discarded, does it still get the +30 damage bonus from Beast Energy?
A. Yes, it does. The energy cards are chosen, then Damage is calculated before the cards are sent to the Lost Zone. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

This issue has many times cost me games or advantageous situations and disables me from properly testing and playing my deck versus other people I am unable to get eye-to-eye with.

This issue also has been reported before but so far hasn't even been added to the known bugs list, please at least add it there and treat it with the appropriate urge afterwards.

Thank you very much.

Hello @RinceRaven,

I'm sorry to hear you run into this possible bug.

A game log could help to replicate the issue or determine what all was in play that could have caused this.

Do you by chance have saved the game log?

Please update this topic when you run into this game situation again.