Sign in to follow this  
Insouciance

[Game Bug] Darkrai-GX Dead End's GX

Insouciance

Is there a bug for Darkrai-GX's (Burning Shadow) Dead End's GX?

Text read as:

If your opponent's Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, that Pokémon is Knocked Out. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

I have tried it against Jolteon-EX (XY) Flash Ray which reads:

During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Basic Pokémon.

However it blocks it. I am presuming that knock out is classified as damage?

I also tried it against Magearna-EX (XY) with the Mystic Heart ability which reads:

Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to each of your Pokémon that has any Metal Energy attached to it. (Existing effects are not removed.)

it also blocks it. QuestionDead End GX an effect or damage? Either way, it should only be blocked by either or scenario and not both.

Can someone care to explain why? Or is this a bug?

Edited by Insouciance

armlessturtle

Would be difficult for the devs to help unless you have a game log. More information is always useful, like which status effect you used, what pokemon were on the bench, which stadium is in play.  There are often effects outside of the ones on the active pokemon that prevent effects of attacks.

Insouciance

Since this two scenarios are completely opposite, question would be what exactly is the effect of Dead End GX? Is it an effect or is it a damage?

XK920XK
On 11/1/2019 at 6:01 AM, Insouciance said:

it also blocks it. QuestionDead End GX an effect or damage? Either way, it should only be blocked by either or scenario and not both.

Dead End GX is an EFFECT.

this is a quote from the english rules team in Feb 2019.

"Dead End GX looks at the Defending Pokemon and checks to see if it is affected by a Special Condition.
If it is, then an effect is applied that Knocks it Out."

Insouciance
13 hours ago, XK920XK said:

Dead End GX is an EFFECT.

this is a quote from the english rules team in Feb 2019.

"Dead End GX looks at the Defending Pokemon and checks to see if it is affected by a Special Condition.
If it is, then an effect is applied that Knocks it Out."

If it is an effect, then how come JolteonEX Flash Ray blocks it?

IceBeamTogetic
On 11/2/2019 at 11:55 PM, Insouciance said:

If it is an effect, then how come JolteonEX Flash Ray blocks it?

Jolteon-EX's Flash Ray should not block the effect of Dead End GX.

If the target has any Metal energy attached to it, Magearna-EX's Ability should block the effect.

It's possible that Jolteon-EX's player also had an ability on the bench, similar to Magearna-EX, that protected it from Dead End GX. Without a game log, there's no way of knowing.

Another possibility is that Jolteon-EX wasn't affected by any Special Conditions (burn, poison, sleep, etc) in the first place. In that event, Dead End GX would do nothing.

Mod_GuruLot
On 11/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, Insouciance said:

Is there a bug for Darkrai-GX's (Burning Shadow) Dead End's GX?

Text read as:

If your opponent's Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, that Pokémon is Knocked Out. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

I have tried it against Jolteon-EX (XY) Flash Ray which reads:

During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Basic Pokémon.

However it blocks it. I am presuming that knock out is classified as damage?

I also tried it against Magearna-EX (XY) with the Mystic Heart ability which reads:

Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to each of your Pokémon that has any Metal Energy attached to it. (Existing effects are not removed.)

Hello @Insouciance,

I'm sorry to hear you experience this issue. 

@armlessturtle is right, we would need a game log for that.

Is there any chance you have saved a game log that you can post so we can review it? 

Please update this thread with a game log when you run into this again. 

Sign in to follow this