Sebax0

[PC] Refresher.exe with old patch

Sebax0

After the latest update when i tried to start the game it showed me an error saying "Data folder not found" followed by this text "There should be 'Refresher_Data'
folder next to the executable" and it wont let me open the game

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format.

Rabreon

Hi Im new in the game and for couple weeks I played Ptcg online whithout any problems.

I had already unified minds packs and cards on my game but recently (today) I got from the "Refresher.exe" a patch from september ( which implement that set/pack)  when I oppen my game.

Im just asking if it's normal to get an old patch which add some contents that already were installed on my game. My anti-virus software does'nt know if it was an official patch or anything else (I downloaded the game from the official website by the way).

It's my first post I wish that will not bother you. Thanks to anyone who read or/and answer to my topic 😃

Spoiler

Also someone can explain me if the updates will be install automatically or manually?

Mod_GuruLot
42 minutes ago, Sebax0 said:

After the latest update when i tried to start the game it showed me an error saying "Data folder not found" followed by this text "There should be 'Refresher_Data'
folder next to the executable" and it wont let me open the game

Hello @Sebax0

I'm sorry to hear you run into this possible issue.

I would first recommend locating and running the Refresher.exe file located in your Pokémon TCG Online folder.

Refresher Method how to:

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page.

Run the installer.

Find the folder in which you installed the game, named Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, and run the Refresher executable manually.

Run the game client and log in.

If that doesn't help, try out the Manual Program Update:

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page.

Run the installer.

Open the add/remove programs window in control panel.

Right click The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.

Choose the Change option.

This will run the Refresher executable, after which you should be able to Repair or Uninstall the game.

If repairing doesn't correct the issue, choose Uninstall from the menu.

After the game has successfully uninstalled, reinstall the game using the newest installer file from here.

Run the game client and log in.

Please let us know if any of these resolves the issue. 

I am also editing the title of your thread to reflect this sub's format.

112animeking

I have the same problem, I haven't been able to play for days, I have tried the mentioned above methods to no avail. I have also changed my DNS to Googles and I have flushed my DNS. :(

Edited by 112animeking
(tried the methods above and didn't work, wanted to let you know that)

Mod_GuruLot
13 hours ago, 112animeking said:

I have the same problem, I haven't been able to play for days, I have tried the mentioned above methods to no avail. I have also changed my DNS to Googles and I have flushed my DNS. :(

Hello @112animeking

I'm sorry to hear the issue persists. 

I would recommend submitting a ticket to get more personalized assistance.

To do so, please tap this link, sign in and click Contact us. 

Our support team will look into this further for you.