Sign in to follow this  
Qwilfishy

Damage Change Switches Improper Amount of Damage with Mewtwo & Mew GX

Qwilfishy

Repro steps:

- Have a Damage Change Mewtwo EX in either the discard or bench

- Have a Mewtwo & Mew GX with more than 170 damage counters face another Pokemon with large HP such as Reshizard

- Use damage change

Should work out that not all the damage counters get moved. Perhaps this might be related to the difference in HP between the two Mewtwos?

SandaledOtter

The attack doesn't limit the damage exchange to 170. While Mewtwo EX can normally only move 160 damage, that's because of its HP. If something boosts its HP, it can move more.

Mewtwo & Mew GX is using the attack, not asking Mewtwo EX to use the attack for it.

armlessturtle

Damage Change
Switch all damage counters on this Pokemon with those on your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Note the attack does not move all the damage from your pokemon to theirs. You also get back the damage that was on their pokemon. Are you sure the enemy pokemon was undamaged?

DenDen128

I think the card works as intended. I agree with the point above that some players think of it as "remove all my damage" because it has that net effect when the opposing pokemon is undamaged. That confused me for a while, and resulted in me KOing myself a few times before I... read the card more carefully.

Personally, I think there IS a Damage Change bug, but it's in the game not the card: the post-game stats (and thus your profile lifetime stats, and perhaps your ladder rating) do not handle Damage Change counter moves adequately. Its weird to win matches with negative total damage, which I am doing frequently. The more I play (this card) the more my lifetime damage total relative to the sum-of-all-opponents damage total is inverting. Eventually will I have cumulative total negative damage? What's that do to my rating? (I have no idea.)

Edited by DenDen128
clarity

Sign in to follow this