Fatcatz2007

Can the greninja theme deck counter relentless flame

Fatcatz2007

Can the greninja theme deck counter relentless flame becuase of shadow stichting which disables abilities or is the strength of it just too low. Im thinking of buying it for theme tornuments

Otakutron

Make sure to check deck contents before buying.  XY - Basic Blue features Greninja (XY 41/146), not Greninja (XY - BREAKpoint 40/122).  The one you're talking about is the latter; the former is the one that can place damage counters on the Bench by discarding a [W] Energy from hand. There should be a symbol in the shape of an eye you can use to view a Theme Deck's contents before purchasing it.

Anyway, XY - Basic Blue might be your best bet if it is the strongest, most recent [W] deck you have.

Edit: Or... I could get the right Theme Deck.  See below.

Edited by Otakutron
Because I was stupid
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fatcatz2007

I though breakpoint would be good becuase it has ability lock

Otakutron
On 10/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, Fatcatz2007 said:

I though breakpoint would be good becuase it has ability lock

It might be but it isn't in that deck.  You know you cannot alter Theme Decks and still use them in the Theme Format, and Relentless Flame is only good in... the Theme Format. ;)

Edit: See below.

Edited by Otakutron
Because I was stupid.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Otakutron

And posting a follow-up because I was an idiot. 

It may have been better if the person who Downvoted my two comments had instead left a post pointing out "You're forgetting about the 'Wave Slasher' Theme Deck!", or done that in addition to Downvoting them... but the important thing is they did something so I finally realized my mistake!

Wave Slasher contains not one but two Greninja (XY - BREAKpoint 40/122).  If you can quickly get Greninja to the field, either of its attacks are going to cause problems for Relentless Flames.  However, even as a late XY-era deck, it isn't that reliable.  I haven't used it in years, so I could be mistaken, but I wouldn't recommend buying it just to use against Relentless Flame.  Imperial Command - in general - isn't as reliable as modern SM-era decks, but it is still more reliable than most (maybe all) XY-era decks, and still lets you exploit [W] Weakness.  Torrential Cannon isn't as good as it should be, but if you're just worried about Relentless Flame, it may also be worth it; it has the modern SM-era Trainer support, it just has some other issues.

One of the two new Theme Decks releasing alongside Cosmic Eclipse will be a [W] deck, so it might be good to wait and see if that shows promise... or if either deck is so good Relentless Flames is no longer the deck to beat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fatcatz2007

Hmm. Im still gonna buy wave splaher from the online shop becuase there isnt really anything else to buy. I should have been more spcific on what greninja theme deck. I let you know if it works.

Thanks😀

• Like 1

Otakutron

As I had the Tokens to spare at the time, I just went ahead and bought all Theme Decks. XD  I mean, they all still give you a one pack "rebate" if you win 12 games with them against the computer in the Trainer Challenge.  Plus, some folks like to battle it out with older Theme decks.  A few of the older ones are also useful sources for certain cards.

Chasista

Wave slasher was very cool to build the Greninja BREAK deck back in the XY era. Easily getting a lot of needed cards. But never was very good itself as a Theme deck, even when released.

That said, the idea of Shadow stitching+hitting for weakness at least to the Chars, seems cool. What I doubt is the consistency and speed of Wave slasher can extinct the fire fast enough. Relentless flame Chars are awesome but these are not the only threat of the deck, while Wave slasher will heavily rely on Greninja to win not being the 9 grass pokémon a help for anything in that case. We should analyse if on the other side, the 9 grass pokémon would help against Torrential cannon.

Would be so funny to have an XY deck beating both "best" theme decks... if only would be more powerful. But the idea at least worth some games to discover how it works 😆

Let us know!

• Like 2

Fatcatz2007

Thanks

Mod_GuruLot

Hello @Chasista

Thank you for helping out the fellow novice trainer @Fatcatz2007 with sharing your opinion on some Theme decks. 

Fatcatz2007

Sorry bout the high response time,

So evantually i got the theme deck. I did test deck in the deck manegment and i lost. I think the problem is greninja simply does not have enough hp. The other pokemon just dont do enough damage. Then I stupidly used it in a theme deck torney only than realizing i could not even use it because of Wally making the deck banned. What a total wast of coins and time.

SandaledOtter
4 hours ago, Fatcatz2007 said:

Sorry bout the high response time,

So evantually i got the theme deck. I did test deck in the deck manegment and i lost. I think the problem is greninja simply does not have enough hp. The other pokemon just dont do enough damage. Then I stupidly used it in a theme deck torney only than realizing i could not even use it because of Wally making the deck banned. What a total wast of coins and time.

Wally is banned in Expanded. All decks are valid in Theme.

• Downvote 1

Fatcatz2007

Yeah thats what I though but it still didnt work

SandaledOtter
50 minutes ago, Fatcatz2007 said:

Yeah thats what I though but it still didnt work

I was just now able to enter a Theme tourney with Electric Eye, which also has Wally. [censored what?] If you were unable to use Wave Slasher, it wasn't because of Wally.

Edited by SandaledOtter
  • Upvote 1

Fatcatz2007

hmm you might be right, or im stupid and i just did not notice something.