CourtPlaystcg

Rouge idea

CourtPlaystcg

So considering how many mew2box decks are going around and ability zard decks, I was thinking mabye Glaceon gx would be viable, as its ability shuts of gx and ex abilitys, so I figured playing a Glaceon deck with some control elements would be a great counter, as you can have a power plant in play with Glaceon in the active so if they get rid of power plant they still need to get rid of Glaceon in order to use abilitys, sure reshizard would have no problem with this, but mew2box would have a hard time with this since they need to be able to either have a gusting effect, a way to retreat into a Pokemon on there bench that isn't mewtwo and have the nessisary energy to attack. But I'm not sure how great it would be, and have no really good deck list for it. So do you think playing a Glaceon control deck would be viable?  

harshu
On 10/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, CourtPlaystcg said:

So considering how many mew2box decks are going around and ability zard decks, I was thinking mabye Glaceon gx would be viable, as its ability shuts of gx and ex abilitys, so I figured playing a Glaceon deck with some control elements would be a great counter, as you can have a power plant in play with Glaceon in the active so if they get rid of power plant they still need to get rid of Glaceon in order to use abilitys, sure reshizard would have no problem with this, but mew2box would have a hard time with this since they need to be able to either have a gusting effect, a way to retreat into a Pokemon on there bench that isn't mewtwo and have the nessisary energy to attack. But I'm not sure how great it would be, and have no really good deck list for it. So do you think playing a Glaceon control deck would be viable?  

If you are worried about stopping mewtwo, why not just use alolan muk (ability) rather than going for glaceon gx which seems to be weaker in numbers and would lose easily to decks like Reshizard and PikaRom.

Wolfofdogs
On 10/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, harshu said:

If you are worried about stopping mewtwo, why not just use alolan muk (ability) rather than going for glaceon gx which seems to be weaker in numbers and would lose easily to decks like Reshizard and PikaRom.

However, Glaceon GX is still Standard, and if you use welder and the new eeveelutions, you can boost its damage, HP, and attack by turn two, so it is actually possible.

Not sure if it will work though...

CourtPlaystcg
On October 23, 2019 at 5:02 PM, Wolfofdogs said:

However, Glaceon GX is still Standard, and if you use welder and the new eeveelutions, you can boost its damage, HP, and attack by turn two, so it is actually possible.

Not sure if it will work though...

Yeah I'm not sure either because I think it's still to slow(I play tested a few games with it), if we still had the energy evolution eevee in standard it'd definitely work well enough that you might be able to win a league cup with it because been able to set up the freezing gaze ability turn one would disrupt a lot of decks that play Dedenne for draw support and mewtwo decks (if you go first that is) but without that I'm not really sure how this deck really could win consistently. (Btw out of the ten games I play tests I won 4 so it works but not well enough because it seems to have consistency problems) 

Wolfofdogs

On the other hand, the new set brings a lot of support for this deck. The new eevee’s attack allows you to search for any number of eevee and eevee-GX and put them into your bench, allowing you to set up a whole board by turn 2. Also, the new flareon, vaporeon and jolteon increase eeveelutions damage, hp and lowers attack cost respectively, so who knows? You can also use red and blue to evolve them, and attach energies at the same time.

It might actually stand a chance.

• Upvote 1

squirtleman95

I've found Keldeo GX with the same ability to be very effective within a water themed deck. Especially because it's so easy to bring out with cherish balls/dive balls.

SalazzleLover

i just play in low mmr so i don't have to go agianst the really hard decks it works for me i've never seen ability zard or mewtwo decks

• Upvote 1