gens888

Pokemon cosmic eclipse deck ideas thread

gens888

Pokebeach  has just released the entire cosmic eclipse set list a few days ago and I thought it would be a good idea to tell you where to see it.  I can't give you the URL so I'll just tell you how to search it up.  Type up: pokebeach cosmic eclipse list (the first option will lead you there right away).

So I'd like to hear you Idea's on the new cards and hopefully post some deck lists.  I'll try them out at home and then try to get back at you. 

Also, the cosmic eclipse initials are CSM for now and there are some cards from sword and shield I can reveal:

Professor’s Research – Trainer
Supporter (Professor Magnolia)

Discard your hand. Then, draw 7 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Marnie – Trainer
Supporter

Both players shuffle their hands without looking and put them at the bottom of their decks. Then, you draw 5 cards and your opponent draws 4 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Rayquaza – Colorless – HP130
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Dark Clamp: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

[C][C][C] Power Blast: 120 damage. Discard an Energy from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 2

Celebi-V – Grass – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[G] Call for Friends: Search your deck for up to 2 Pokemon and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[G][C] Line Force: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon.

When your Pokemon-V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Victini-V – Fire – HP190
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fire Spreading: Attach up to 3 [R] Energy from your discard pile to your Pokemon in any way you like.

[R][R] Energy Burst: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Keldeo-V – Water – HP210
Basic Pokemon

[W] Splash: 40 damage.

[C][C][C] Secret Sword: 50+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)

Tapu Koko-V – Lightning – HP200
Basic Pokemon

[L] Spike Draw: 20 damage. Draw 2 cards.

[L][L][C] Striking Bolt: 200 damage. This Pokemon can’t attack during your next turn.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Retreat: 0

Regirock-V – Fighting – HP220
Basic Pokemon

[***** Raging Hammer: 30+ damage. This attack 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

[******** Hard Tackle: 190 damage. This Pokemon does 30 damage to itself.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 3

Raticate555

From Cosmic Eclipse, there is a Excadrill deck I am keen to try. Sadly, it will probably not be great because getting little fighting Pokemon with 70 HP out is going to be difficult.

I can still try though!

Edited by Raticate555
Needed more.

kodking

so V cards are basically EX cards. they seem pretty weak. like weaker than EX cards. they dont even have a special technique. they could be used as regular cards.  

kodking

i find the snivy-saur attack forest dump amusing. sounds like they takign a dump in the middle of battle. and while they doing that pipl-oiste is splashing around making waves

gens888
15 hours ago, Raticate555 said:

From Cosmic Eclipse, there is a Excadrill deck I am keen to try. Sadly, it will probably not be great because getting little fighting Pokemon with 70 HP out is going to be difficult.

I can still try though!

Thanks, Raticate555, How about try Jirachi with oak's setting and maybe add Professor's research too, since I think that's going to be pretty much a staple card moving forward.  I don't know about the third type to get with Oak's though.

10 hours ago, kodking said:

so V cards are basically EX cards. they seem pretty weak. like weaker than EX cards. they dont even have a special technique. they could be used as regular cards.  

Yeah, that's the trend with most tag teams as well.  High hp, no ability.  V cards do have a niche advantage just by not getting affected by the new great catcher.  And Koko V seems good for pikarom since it has free retreat and does more damage than any other non three-prizer in the deck, with a bonus attack just in case you brick.  Victini V could be used in reshizard for the first attack.  Celebi V is basically alolan vulpix from guardians rising.  Keldeo V is just a bit stronger than Keldeo EX.  I can't defend Regirock V in any shape or form.  These pokemon just sit in the active in order to be useful.  So yes, they don't have good abilities, but if your opponent can't knock them out fast enough (slim chance though), they're good.  Apart from that, they're just last ditch secondary attackers.

10 hours ago, kodking said:

i find the snivy-saur attack forest dump amusing. sounds like they takign a dump in the middle of battle. and while they doing that pipl-oiste is splashing around making waves

When snivy-saur was revealed on pokebeach, there was a running meme where some comments just went "FOREST DUMP!!!!!!!!!!".

And I never realised the meme about Piptoise's attack LOL 😂 😂.

Raticate555
8 hours ago, gens888 said:

Thanks, Raticate555, How about try Jirachi with oak's setting and maybe add Professor's research too, since I think that's going to be pretty much a staple card moving forward.  I don't know about the third type to get with Oak's though.

Maybe Ditto Prism? Sounds like a good starting point for the deck. As always, testing will reveal more...

gens888
16 hours ago, Raticate555 said:

Maybe Ditto Prism? Sounds like a good starting point for the deck. As always, testing will reveal more...

I forgot to tell you all in original post, there is also a new rule coming out that says that the player going first cannot use a supporter on their first turn, which means You'd have to go second to use the Jirachi + Oak's combo.

I would really like somebody to post a decklist by now though, so could you please just post a list over for me to test.

• Downvote 1

Felidae_

Why are you posting cards from Sword & Shield when you want to discuss decks for Cosmic Eclipse?

As someone who doesn't follow the scene at the moment this was hella confusing :D.

Also kinda shocking that those supporter cards were revealed about a month ago and no one in this forum has started talking about it. Same with the rule change for supporters. How has this gone unnoticed on the official Pokemon TCGO forum for such a long time now xD?

As for decks: Sadly this one is only available for 4 days after the set is released (since TPCI will follow up with the Japanese Expanded Bans on the 15th of November), but for those days it will be glorious:

Pokemon - 15

4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

3 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

2 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

3 Misdreavus CIN 39

3 Mismagius UNB 78

2 Garchomp & Giratina-GX UNM 146

Trainer - 42

2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178

2 N FCO 105

2 Mars UPR 128

1 Gladion CIN 95

4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

4 Dusk Stone UNB 167

4 Chip-Chip Ice Axe UNB 165

3 Adventure Bag LOT 167

1 Computer Search BCR 137

4 Island Challenge Amulet SM12 85

1 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Karate Belt UNM 201

3 Sky Field ROS 89

Energy - 3

3 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Edited by Felidae_

RGBGSCRSE

Maybe jolteon gx, empoleon or excadrill

gens888
On 10/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, Felidae_ said:

Why are you posting cards from Sword & Shield when you want to discuss decks for Cosmic Eclipse?

As someone who doesn't follow the scene at the moment this was hella confusing :D.

Also kinda shocking that those supporter cards were revealed about a month ago and no one in this forum has started talking about it. Same with the rule change for supporters. How has this gone unnoticed on the official Pokemon TCGO forum for such a long time now xD?

As for decks: Sadly this one is only available for 4 days after the set is released (since TPCI will follow up with the Japanese Expanded Bans on the 15th of November), but for those days it will be glorious:

Pokemon - 15

4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

3 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

2 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

3 Misdreavus CIN 39

3 Mismagius UNB 78

2 Garchomp & Giratina-GX UNM 146

Trainer - 42

2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178

2 N FCO 105

2 Mars UPR 128

1 Gladion CIN 95

4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

4 Dusk Stone UNB 167

4 Chip-Chip Ice Axe UNB 165

3 Adventure Bag LOT 167

1 Computer Search BCR 137

4 Island Challenge Amulet SM12 85

1 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Karate Belt UNM 201

3 Sky Field ROS 89

Energy - 3

3 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Yeah, I've seen that  video too.

Edited by gens888

gens888

Raticate 555 I've been thinking a lot about this, but I've finally got a good grasp on the deck.

Excradill thins through your deck at an alarming rate with drill bazooka and it probably won't be long until you deck out. But phione from CSM helps a lot with it's ability, able to gust, keep enough in the deck for eleventh hour tackle, and stop you from decking out.  Plus, it serves as a third type for Oak's.

So I hope somebody posts something I can actually test out now, and I'll do some testing with excadrill in the meantime.

Felidae_
4 hours ago, gens888 said:

Yeah, I've seen that  video too.

What video? I just saw the deck over at Limitless TCG. If you have any videos of the deck in action I'd love to see them (always a pain to find any video coverage of Japanese tournaments).

Raticate555
7 hours ago, gens888 said:

Raticate 555 I've been thinking a lot about this, but I've finally got a good grasp on the deck.

Excradill thins through your deck at an alarming rate with drill bazooka and it probably won't be long until you deck out. But phione from CSM helps a lot with it's ability, able to gust, keep enough in the deck for eleventh hour tackle, and stop you from decking out.  Plus, it serves as a third type for Oak's.

So I hope somebody posts something I can actually test out now, and I'll do some testing with excadrill in the meantime.

Very sorry, haven't been doing much testing but I can say that perhaps Lillie's Clefairy Doll would serve a similar purpose to Phione if you don't want your opponent to switch, so I guess play both for different situations?  As for the Oak third type, I would say it would yes to the Phione because forcing a turn 1 switch can throw off your opponent's plans. Seems like some good ideas. Thanks for everything you have done gens888!

WaffleLycanroc
On 10/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, gens888 said:

I forgot to tell you all in original post, there is also a new rule coming out that says that the player going first cannot use a supporter on their first turn, which means You'd have to go second to use the Jirachi + Oak's combo.

I would really like somebody to post a decklist by now though, so could you please just post a list over for me to test.

If this is true, then you can only get 8 cards using Lillie if you go second... :blink: