iDayreaper278

[CARD] Altaria-GX (Dragon Majesty 41) - Bright Tone not preventing damage vs Keldeo gx attacks

iDayreaper278

I just played a match where I had discarded my Altaria gx to allow my Mewtwo/Mew to use the Bright Tone attack. My opponent had a Keldeo gx in the active which prevented the damage from Bright Tone as it should, however I would still take damage from the Keldeo gx attacks. My understanding of the Pure Heart ability and Bright Tone attack is that these would cancel each other out resulting in neither of us taking damage.

• Downvote 1

XK920XK

im going to assume they used "sonic edge", if they did, that attack will bypass the effect of bright tone. Sonic edge bypasses any effects on your pokemon, sonic edge is the exact same move on your altaria gx, it lets you bypass any effects on opponents pokemon.

iDayreaper278

It would seem this was the case. Thanks for replying

Mod_GuruLot
19 hours ago, XK920XK said:

im going to assume they used "sonic edge", if they did, that attack will bypass the effect of bright tone. Sonic edge bypasses any effects on your pokemon, sonic edge is the exact same move on your altaria gx, it lets you bypass any effects on opponents pokemon.

Hello @XK920XK

Thank you for clarifying the situation for the fellow trainer @iDayreaper278

Mod_Elderberry

Hello Trainers,

I have updated the title of this post to comply with the bug report title standards.