neverender08

New player and I need help.

neverender08

Hey guys I'm new and don't have any decent cards, so I can't really win and get any rewards, could anyone help me out?

XK920XK

yeah, i can.

1. play beat the trainer challenge, you get like 45 free packs

2. get the relentless flame theme deck, imo the easiest/best deck for new players.

3. once trainer challenge is completed, go to theme ladder and perfect the theme deck you chose and play events and get even more packs.

• Upvote 1

Mod_RedDragon
Just now, XK920XK said:

yeah, i can.

1. play beat the trainer challenge, you get like 45 free packs

2. get the relentless flame theme deck, imo the easiest/best deck for new players.

3. once trainer challenge is completed, go to theme ladder and perfect the theme deck you chose and play events and get even more packs.

Hello @XK920XK,

Thanks for providing @neverender08 with some great suggestions!

Mod_RedDragon

Hello @neverender08!

Welcome to the forum!

XP_On
7 hours ago, neverender08 said:

Hey guys I'm new and don't have any decent cards, so I can't really win and get any rewards, could anyone help me out?

Hi Neverender08

Welcome.

I am a new player also, i just want to share something based on my mistake hoping you wont fell in the same spot. LOL

1. Never use the token to buy Avatar stuff. no need to make your character cool right now. maybe you can when you have many token to spend.

2. Buy Deck (500 token each) is more important than buy booster pack (200 token each)

3. Never trade unless you already consult with other experienced player. (I almost trade a rare holo Fire energy with booster pack only)

4. Try read the skill on enemy pokemon (both active and his/her bench) 

5. After buying a deck, teke note what type it mainly is. the daily mission need variety of type so if you already buy Relentless Flame which is Fire type, next deck you want to buy would not Fire anymore but other like Metal / Dark / Plant / Water.... Etc.... your goal is to have atleast 1 Deck for each type.

6. Many kind person in forum, so read and interact. many will help here

7. Dont join Event untill you are sure you can beat any kind of deck (just keep the ticket for later)

8. If you can, try to get atleast 11 win every day. but dont just quit on every match you think you cant win. you can learn many from the match against different player and deck.

Spoiler
  1. Mistery Box
  2. Mistery Box
  3. 10 Tokens
  4. Mistery Box
  5. 20 Tokens
  6. 30 Tokens
  7. Mistery Box
  8. 50 Tokens
  9. Tournament Ticket
  10. 50 Tokens
  11. Mistery Box

Atleast you will get 160 Token each day if you win 11 times

9. Have Fun. There is no right or wrong way to do this, so if you have fun, do it. 

Edited by XP_On

Mod_GuruLot
5 hours ago, XP_On said:

Hi Neverender08

Welcome.

I am a new player also, i just want to share something based on my mistake hoping you wont fell in the same spot. LOL

1. Never use the token to buy Avatar stuff. no need to make your character cool right now. maybe you can when you have many token to spend.

2. Buy Deck (500 token each) is more important than buy booster pack (200 token each)

3. Never trade unless you already consult with other experienced player. (I almost trade a rare holo Fire energy with booster pack only)

4. Try read the skill on enemy pokemon (both active and his/her bench) 

5. After buying a deck, teke note what type it mainly is. the daily mission need variety of type so if you already buy Relentless Flame which is Fire type, next deck you want to buy would not Fire anymore but other like Metal / Dark / Plant / Water.... Etc.... your goal is to have atleast 1 Deck for each type.

6. Many kind person in forum, so read and interact. many will help here

7. Dont join Event untill you are sure you can beat any kind of deck (just keep the ticket for later)

8. If you can, try to get atleast 11 win every day. but dont just quit on every match you think you cant win. you can learn many from the match against different player and deck.

Reveal hidden contents

9. Have Fun. There is no right or wrong way to do this, so if you have fun, do it. 

Hello @XP_On

Great advice! 👍

We appreciate your input and peer-to-peer helping out. 

Parnfarny

I agree that Relentless Flame is probably the most powerful starter deck. Learn to play it well and spend your coins on tournaments. The benefit of the decks you get by winning tournaments over the ones you buy with coins is that you can trade them. Don't open them because the chances of getting the card you want opening packs can be more than 300 to 1. On the other hand, you can usually trade for the card you want usually for less than 10 packs. The most expensive I think I've seen is around 30 packs, but that is rare.

Here's my trading tip. In the public trades, people who have a rare card will overvalue it and people wanting that rare card will undervalue it. If you offer a price in the middle, you will get the card you want. Here's what I mean:

Say you want a Gardevoir & Sylveon GX. Right now someone who has a Gardevoir & Sylveon wants 8 card packs in exchange. Other people who are trying to trade up to get a Gardevoir & Sylveon are offering 4 packs to get it. If you make a public trade offer for 5 or 6 packs, this will be seen as a good compromise most of the time by the seller.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!