SteelFox1

Recommendation Of A Good Dragon type

SteelFox1

Hi All,

New to the forum!

This maybe a bit of a odd request so forgive me. I am building my own homebrew deck and I am just wondering are there any good recommendations for a basic Pokemon that uses dragon energy ideally something that does not require a lot.

I don't see many dragon energy's being used while playing so just wondering what would be good :)

Thank You

:)

Mod_GuruLot
1 hour ago, SteelFox1 said:

Hi All,

New to the forum!

This maybe a bit of a odd request so forgive me. I am building my own homebrew deck and I am just wondering are there any good recommendations for a basic Pokemon that uses dragon energy ideally something that does not require a lot.

I don't see many dragon energy's being used while playing so just wondering what would be good :)

Thank You

:)

Hello @SteelFox1

Welcome to the forum!

There are no odd requests! ;) 

I hope you get a bunch of good tips from veteran trainers on this.

SteelFox1

Thank you :)

Srlojohn

I've found that, at least for men, Noivern + Noivern Break is a god combo. Plus some of the new EX-GX's.

RestlessThought

Latios & Latias Tag Team can use it instead of water energy. AzulGG posted a decklist on YT that worked pretty well for me (well I modified it to have no Jirachis as I had none at the time but it still worked for my dragon challenges). There's a new Tag Team dragon coming out in the next set that's Arceus, Dialga and Palkia that will combo with double dragon energy very well but that card will probably also be very expensive as it's GX attack is OP. :P

I played Druddigon from Unified Minds in Standard before last rotation (and I see Bell Curved made a current Standard deck with it) to some success so it'd probably be even better with double dragon energy in Expanded. Similar to Lati@s, Garchomp & Giratina Tag Team would also probably appreciate double dragon energy to pay for the psychic costs (basic fighting energy combos with the Martial Arts Dojo stadium).

There are a few other basic dragons I think are pretty good still but their attack costs either aren't cheap or they aren't worth using with double dragon energy.

SteelFox1

ahh great thank you both for the tips :)

Mod_GuruLot
On 10/11/2019 at 10:00 PM, RestlessThought said:

Latios & Latias Tag Team can use it instead of water energy. AzulGG posted a decklist on YT that worked pretty well for me (well I modified it to have no Jirachis as I had none at the time but it still worked for my dragon challenges). There's a new Tag Team dragon coming out in the next set that's Arceus, Dialga and Palkia that will combo with double dragon energy very well but that card will probably also be very expensive as it's GX attack is OP. :P

I played Druddigon from Unified Minds in Standard before last rotation (and I see Bell Curved made a current Standard deck with it) to some success so it'd probably be even better with double dragon energy in Expanded. Similar to Lati@s, Garchomp & Giratina Tag Team would also probably appreciate double dragon energy to pay for the psychic costs (basic fighting energy combos with the Martial Arts Dojo stadium).

There are a few other basic dragons I think are pretty good still but their attack costs either aren't cheap or they aren't worth using with double dragon energy.

Hellos @RestlessThought

Thank you for your useful tips and for helping out the fellow trainer @SteelFox1. :)