Sign in to follow this  
DawsonJr88

Level Five Challenge Unlocked Yesterday and No Second Challenge Available Today

DawsonJr88

Hello,

Yesterday, I managed to reach a total level of five. I never got a second challenge to complete, so figured it would come when the daily challenge/gifts refreshed later that day (jut about five hours ago). When the challenges refreshed, I saw an option to claim a second challenge. Unfortunately, when I clicked on it, it switched over to the "Next Daily Challenge available in" and I didn't get my second challenge. I'm not sure if an extra challenge could somehow be awarded - although I'm not holding my breath, the compensation for the lost challenge would be appreciated - but figured it was still a glitch worth reporting so as it could be looked in to.

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

SandaledOtter
Posted (edited)

Have they not fixed that explanation yet?

What you get are:

1. CHOICES of challenges, going from 1 to 2 and finally 3 to choose from, but always only 1 selection each day, and
  2. SLOTS to hold challenges, again 1, 2, or 3, so that you can get a new one even if the old one(s) aren't complete.

Each advancement will bring one or the other of those, not both.

You can never actually GET multiple challenges in a day, except in the situation where all your slots are full, you clear one to get a challenge, and then the day ticks over so that you get a new day's challenge after clearing another. That's still only one per day, it just happens to look like more because of when the "day" starts.

Edited by SandaledOtter

DawsonJr88

Ah, so it's similar to Hearthstone, in a sense - just can't see three at a time. Seems a bit silly, in my opinion; the only thing challenges award (to my knowledge) are deck boxes, coins, and cardbacks - nothing particularly useful, persay. I can understand why Hearthstone has the system - it limits how many packs you can get - but it seems a bit silly to put such a limitation on cosmetics.

SandaledOtter
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DawsonJr88 said:

Ah, so it's similar to Hearthstone, in a sense - just can't see three at a time. Seems a bit silly, in my opinion; the only thing challenges award (to my knowledge) are deck boxes, coins, and cardbacks - nothing particularly useful, persay. I can understand why Hearthstone has the system - it limits how many packs you can get - but it seems a bit silly to put such a limitation on cosmetics.

The KO challenges award booster packs. At level 16 and above, they award tradable booster packs. The damage and evolution challenges award tokens.

The boxes, sleeves, and coins are for finishing levels on each energy type, not for the challenges themselves.

Edited by SandaledOtter

DawsonJr88

Ah, I'm not at level 16, so that explains why I'm still only getting the XP towards the cosmetics. Seems to me the challenges could use a revamp; maybe make it easier to level up, and then restrict it when the rewards start coming in. In any case, it's definitely confusing - especially when it implies extra daily challenges with the way it's currently worded - and should be rephrased. That said, thank you for the information you've provided; I appreciate it a lot! :)

Mod_GuruLot
On 10/7/2019 at 4:14 PM, SandaledOtter said:

The KO challenges award booster packs. At level 16 and above, they award tradable booster packs. The damage and evolution challenges award tokens.

The boxes, sleeves, and coins are for finishing levels on each energy type, not for the challenges themselves.

Hello @SandaledOtter

Thank you for helping a novice trainer out with some useful information. 

DawsonJr88

Holy, these daily challenges are really confusing, and/or must be seriously glitched. Been gone three weeks and should have a new daily challenge with an old one saved if I'm not mistaken, but still only have one with none saved. I'm not sure what's up with the system, but, as previously mentioned, I feel like it could definitely use a revamp.

Mod_GuruLot
17 hours ago, DawsonJr88 said:

Holy, these daily challenges are really confusing, and/or must be seriously glitched. Been gone three weeks and should have a new daily challenge with an old one saved if I'm not mistaken, but still only have one with none saved. I'm not sure what's up with the system, but, as previously mentioned, I feel like it could definitely use a revamp.

Hello @DawsonJr88

I'm sorry to hear you find it confusing. 

You may want to read this information here

I hope it brings more light into your daily challenge doubts. 

DawsonJr88

Hello,

Thank you for that information, Gurulot; I appreciate it very much! I do see that the following is mentioned in the post, but I didn't have it happen to me upon returning after three weeks:

"Let's say that you complete both of your available Daily Challenges. When you pass the next roll over time, you will be offered 2 different Daily Challenges to choose from. When you select one, that will add to your list of active Daily Challenges. Perhaps that one you picked is going to take you a little while to finish. On the following day, that Daily Challenge will still be in progress and you will be offered two different new Daily Challenges to choose from. You pick one and now you have 2 in progress."

It looks as though this particular feature/function of the challenge system isn't working as intended. Hopefully you can bring this to someone's attention and they can investigate.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this matter; I hope someone can investigate this issue!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Mod_GuruLot
14 hours ago, DawsonJr88 said:

Hello,

Thank you for that information, Gurulot; I appreciate it very much! I do see that the following is mentioned in the post, but I didn't have it happen to me upon returning after three weeks:

"Let's say that you complete both of your available Daily Challenges. When you pass the next roll over time, you will be offered 2 different Daily Challenges to choose from. When you select one, that will add to your list of active Daily Challenges. Perhaps that one you picked is going to take you a little while to finish. On the following day, that Daily Challenge will still be in progress and you will be offered two different new Daily Challenges to choose from. You pick one and now you have 2 in progress."

It looks as though this particular feature/function of the challenge system isn't working as intended. Hopefully you can bring this to someone's attention and they can investigate.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this matter; I hope someone can investigate this issue!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Hello @DawsonJr88,

You're very welcome!

This does raise a good point. It's worthwhile passing along to our development team for their review.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. 

DawsonJr88

No problem at all, Gurulot! Maybe you can also have them look in to possibly rephrasing some of the wording; as you've probably noticed, from the initial posts last month, it's certainly poorly phrased, and gives the wrong impression. Thank you once again for your time!

Mod_GuruLot
19 hours ago, DawsonJr88 said:

No problem at all, Gurulot! Maybe you can also have them look in to possibly rephrasing some of the wording; as you've probably noticed, from the initial posts last month, it's certainly poorly phrased, and gives the wrong impression. Thank you once again for your time!

Hello @DawsonJr88

For sure! :) 

As per your request, I'll pass this information along making some slight rephrasing. 

Sign in to follow this