Hidden Fates

GiannisAnte

Is it possible to get the newest Hidden Fates set cards? Tried looking on amazon for booster boxes but none we available and didnt see any available in the tcg online store either.

If there are so few of them, I should see what they're trading for. 🤣

The boosters are only available as part of an overpriced (if you just want the packs) bundle, and will never be in the PTCGO shop, due to the company's policy regarding such special limited sets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

If there are so few of them, I should see what they're trading for. 🤣

The boosters are only available as part of an overpriced (if you just want the packs) bundle, and will never be in the PTCGO shop, due to the company's policy regarding such special limited sets.

I meant like I dont see the booster packs in the tcgo and I dont see the booster boxes for the specific set Hidden Fates on amazon or anywhere else for that matter where I usually see other booster boxes available.

Because they don't exist. To get boosters, you need to buy the bundles with mew or mewtwo, or the Elite kits. They will never be available any other way, and you will never be able to buy them in PTCGO, because "reasons."

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

Because they don't exist. To get boosters, you need to buy the bundles with mew or mewtwo, or the Elite kits. They will never be available any other way, and you will never be able to buy them in PTCGO, because "reasons."

There are also new tins that came out (Raichu,Gyrados and Charizard) that  have hidden fates in them, and the new great ball and ultra ball collection came out recently too, so as of now there are 8 different products you can buy to get hidden fates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CourtPlaystcg said:

There are also new tins that came out (Raichu,Gyrados and Charizard) that  have hidden fates in them, and the new great ball and ultra ball collection came out recently too, so as of now there are 8 different products you can buy to get hidden fates. 

But with the Tins and other packs, its also less cost efficient? Assuming a booster box would be otherwise around $100-110 on amazon?

40 minutes ago, GiannisAnte said:

But with the Tins and other packs, its also less cost efficient? Assuming a booster box would be otherwise around $100-110 on amazon?

All of these mini/special sets, have always been like this. They dont make booster boxes for them so you basically have to buy them in tins.blisters and etbs. those tend to cost a little more.

If you really dont want to get the irl cards, you can always just get the card codes for these packs or get these packs from public offers. There are lots of these packs in public trades.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, XK920XK said:

All of these mini/special sets, have always been like this. They dont make booster boxes for them so you basically have to buy them in tins.blisters and etbs. those tend to cost a little more.

If you really dont want to get the irl cards, you can always just get the card codes for these packs or get these packs from public offers. There are lots of these packs in public trades.

Special sets are like hidden fates, cosmic eclipse and ultra prisms? And Im actually more interested in buying the physical cards than just getting the codes for them online as I am more of a collector than a player.

1 hour ago, GiannisAnte said:

Special sets are like hidden fates, cosmic eclipse and ultra prisms? And Im actually more interested in buying the physical cards than just getting the codes for them online as I am more of a collector than a player.

the most recent special sets are hidden fates, shining legends, generations, double crisis.

none of these sets are purchasable in the typical 36 pack boxes, you have to buy them either through blisters/etb/tins or other boxed collection.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, XK920XK said:

the most recent special sets are hidden fates, shining legends, generations, double crisis.

none of these sets are purchasable in the typical 36 pack boxes, you have to buy them either through blisters/etb/tins or other boxed collection.

Ahh I see, thanks. So it seems like Tins are the way to go then, 9 Tins being equal to 1 booster box.

14 hours ago, GiannisAnte said:

I'm not sure, but at my local mejijer (a store like Walmart just a lot smaller) the tins are 21.99 and come with four packs, so I'm pretty sure you'd be paying more, than if you were to get a booster box. Because booster boxes come with 36 packs if I remember right and ussally cost around $100-125 depending on the set, and a pack it's self cost 4.30 (at least where I live) so  without even doing the math, I'm pretty sure buying a booster box would be cheaper than buying 9 tins that cost $22 each but keep in mind I'm just using the average price for a booster pack based on where I live, so it might change depending on where you live. But of course since it's a special set there are no booster boxes, so if you want a "booster box" you really don't have much of a choice but to buy the tins or other products to get the packs.

9 hours ago, CourtPlaystcg said:

I'm not sure, but at my local mejijer (a store like Walmart just a lot smaller) the tins are 21.99 and come with four packs, so I'm pretty sure you'd be paying more, than if you were to get a booster box. Because booster boxes come with 36 packs if I remember right and ussally cost around $100-125 depending on the set, and a pack it's self cost 4.30 (at least where I live) so  without even doing the math, I'm pretty sure buying a booster box would be cheaper than buying 9 tins that cost $22 each but keep in mind I'm just using the average price for a booster pack based on where I live, so it might change depending on where you live. But of course since it's a special set there are no booster boxes, so if you want a "booster box" you really don't have much of a choice but to buy the tins or other products to get the packs.

I see. And its better to get one booster box (9 tins) for each individual set or is it better to buy multiple boxes of one specific set? Not sure which sets are better than others.

Well it's more cost efficient to just buy boxes of one specific set and when you buy boxes your guarented to pull at any where between  2-9 ultra rares while, tins your not guarented to pull anything.

2 hours ago, CourtPlaystcg said:

Well it's more cost efficient to just buy boxes of one specific set and when you buy boxes your guarented to pull at any where between  2-9 ultra rares while, tins your not guarented to pull anything.

Note those "guarantees" don't apply at all to PTCGO. The pack contents are all equally random (no green/white code shenanigans) and chosen from the full set list, with the appropriate number of commons, uncommons, holos, and rares in each pack.

It would be nice if they had a "box" code or shop purchase, but no.

Edited by SandaledOtter

what u need to take into consideration is also the pulls of these different items. i have found the tins have better pulls than the booster boxes, blister packs and mew and mewtwo boxes, i not sure about the balls boxes though as i have not bough any yet. i also find booster boxes have the worst pulls in terms or rare or GX cards. but they mkae up for that by having more packs. if you want to get hidden fates codes there is a guy called KurtlsGreat here on the forums. talk to him and he will fill you in on his deal behind his codes. if i said what he done i think it would be considered as advertising him. anyway great guy. i got a but tone of codes from him. he also gave me a charizard tin code.

1 hour ago, kodking said:

what u need to take into consideration is also the pulls of these different items. i have found the tins have better pulls than the booster boxes, blister packs and mew and mewtwo boxes, i not sure about the balls boxes though as i have not bough any yet. i also find booster boxes have the worst pulls in terms or rare or GX cards. but they mkae up for that by having more packs. if you want to get hidden fates codes there is a guy called KurtlsGreat here on the forums. talk to him and he will fill you in on his deal behind his codes. if i said what he done i think it would be considered as advertising him. anyway great guy. i got a but tone of codes from him. he also gave me a charizard tin code.

I have also bought tins and trainer boxes in the past and I think the GX and ex card rate pulls were around the same. Im not sure what the odds are of pulling any GX card in a single pack.

so me and my friends bought tins till we had the same amount of HF packs that is in a booster box. we opened the packs and the tin packs had more pulls than the booster boxes. we repeated this 2 more times. out of all the trials the tin packs were better. and it makes sense. the products with less packs are more boosted in rarities. single packs purchased by itself would not apply for HF or other special series. also single packs you would buy from shops are from booster boxes. shops buy parcels with bout 6 booster boxes in the parcel. then they open the boxes and put the packs for purchase seperatly. so pull wise single packs u would buy have the same pulls as a booster box pulls because they are from the same product.

22 minutes ago, kodking said:

so me and my friends bought tins till we had the same amount of HF packs that is in a booster box. we opened the packs and the tin packs had more pulls than the booster boxes. we repeated this 2 more times. out of all the trials the tin packs were better. and it makes sense. the products with less packs are more boosted in rarities. single packs purchased by itself would not apply for HF or other special series. also single packs you would buy from shops are from booster boxes. shops buy parcels with bout 6 booster boxes in the parcel. then they open the boxes and put the packs for purchase seperatly. so pull wise single packs u would buy have the same pulls as a booster box pulls because they are from the same product.

How many GX cards did you pull in 9 tin boxes as opposed to one booster box? I have not pulled less than 5 and no more than 6 so far on every booster box that I have opened.

from the tin booster pile 15

from the booster box 8

this was on our first trial. we did not record the data we just compared the pulls from each piles in each trial. we did not bother with the blister packs or the boxes cause they dont seem to be as popular as the tins and booster boxes.

30 minutes ago, kodking said:

from the tin booster pile 15

from the booster box 8

this was on our first trial. we did not record the data we just compared the pulls from each piles in each trial. we did not bother with the blister packs or the boxes cause they dont seem to be as popular as the tins and booster boxes.

Have you tried any of the pokeball collections? Thinking of getting the zoroark hidden fates one tomorrow from amazon.

23 minutes ago, kodking said:

like i said they have not released where i am and i dont feel like pre odrdering them, i will wait and compare their pulls when i can get them in store.

ok ill order one tomorrow and will post here any good pulls if i do get any when it comes

i would recomend you compare the pulls from the box to the tin. but make sure the amount of packs are even. also if u dont play TCGO may i have the code card. i got a friend who is  looking the two promo cards. i am not sure why as they seem useless to me due to them not being highly efficient in battles. anyway i wish u luck on the pulls

10 minutes ago, kodking said:

i would recomend you compare the pulls from the box to the tin. but make sure the amount of packs are even. also if u dont play TCGO may i have the code card. i got a friend who is  looking the two promo cards. i am not sure why as they seem useless to me due to them not being highly efficient in battles. anyway i wish u luck on the pulls

I play both, my physical collection is my priority but I am also fascinated playing online because it is tough finding folks to play with in person. Also, how do you keep or store your cards? I keep all mine in binders with the card sleeves, every single one of em, separated by type and set. Not sure if im the only one who does it that way.

17 hours ago, GiannisAnte said:

I play both, my physical collection is my priority but I am also fascinated playing online because it is tough finding folks to play with in person. Also, how do you keep or store your cards? I keep all mine in binders with the card sleeves, every single one of em, separated by type and set. Not sure if im the only one who does it that way.

i keep mine in tins, boxes, books. i have sooo many it hard to store them. i have a binder full of EX and GX cards. mainly GX cards.