Sign in to follow this  
IceBeamTogetic

[GAME] Printed deck lists containing unowned cards don't validate properly for IRL play

IceBeamTogetic
Posted (edited)

I was at a league challenge this weekend, and I tried printing my decklist out before the event. I am using a copy of Lugia GX (LOT 159) in my physical deck, but didn't own a copy on TCGO at the time. I printed my decklist, but the validation (Standard/Expanded/etc) said the deck was invalid, even though it's perfectly legal. I understand that the validation for online play needs cards to be owned online, but it'd be nice for printed decklists to validate assuming you have the physical cards.

Action: Standard-legal printed deck list showed as illegal for Standard play because one card was unowned online.

Expected Action: Standard-legal printed deck list shows as legal for Standard play.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format.
  • Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
12 hours ago, IceBeamTogetic said:

I was at a league challenge this weekend, and I tried printing my decklist out before the event. I am using a copy of Lugia GX (LOT 159) in my physical deck, but didn't own a copy on TCGO at the time. I printed my decklist, but the validation (Standard/Expanded/etc) said the deck was invalid, even though it's perfectly legal. I understand that the validation for online play needs cards to be owned online, but it'd be nice for printed decklists to validate assuming you have the physical cards.

Action: Standard-legal printed deck list showed as illegal for Standard play because one card was unowned online.

Expected Action: Standard-legal printed deck list shows as legal for Standard play.

Hello @IceBeamTogetic

I'm sorry to hear you run into this issue when printing your deck list out. 

I've gone ahead and passed the information you provided along to our development team for their review and edited the title of your thread to match the format used in this sub.

Hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this