Sign in to follow this  
Littlewing

Asset data does not change storage alongside game data.

Littlewing

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Tab A (2016) and have realized that, when my tablet gives me the option to move the PTCGO app to my SD card (Which is MUCH higher storage, and so is obviously preferable to 5gb of the 6 I have left on internal storage,) it wil move the PTCGO app itself to the SD card without a problem - however, my tablet tells me that I only freed up around 400mb of space and insists that 4.6gb of internal storage is still devoted to PTCGO.

This seems to be because when I transfer the app, the asset data is not transferred alongside the app, which leaves PTCGO taking up a massive amount of limited space even though it appears to offer the ability to move the app to SD storage.  This remains true even if I uninstall the app and its associated data, and move the app to the SD card before beginning the asset download from the game's settings.  No matter what I do, the massive bulk of the game's data remains on my internal storage.  Is this intentional?

Mod_GuruLot
On 10/1/2019 at 2:32 AM, Littlewing said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Tab A (2016) and have realized that, when my tablet gives me the option to move the PTCGO app to my SD card (Which is MUCH higher storage, and so is obviously preferable to 5gb of the 6 I have left on internal storage,) it wil move the PTCGO app itself to the SD card without a problem - however, my tablet tells me that I only freed up around 400mb of space and insists that 4.6gb of internal storage is still devoted to PTCGO.

This seems to be because when I transfer the app, the asset data is not transferred alongside the app, which leaves PTCGO taking up a massive amount of limited space even though it appears to offer the ability to move the app to SD storage.  This remains true even if I uninstall the app and its associated data, and move the app to the SD card before beginning the asset download from the game's settings.  No matter what I do, the massive bulk of the game's data remains on my internal storage.  Is this intentional?

Hello @Littlewing

Thank you for your feedback and question.

Please note that the Pokémon TCG Online is currently available for Android Tablet devices with these minimum requirements and recommended specifications:

Component Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Hardware Tablet Tablet
Operating System Android 4.1 or later Android 4.2 or later
Processor Dual Core 1.5 GHz Quad Core 1.5 GHz
Memory 2 GB RAM 4 GB RAM
Internal Storage 6 GB available HD space 6 GB available HD space
Supported Minimum Display 1024x600, 1280x800, 1024x768 1024x600, 1280x800, 1024x768
Supported Aspect Ratio 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 16:9, 16:10, 4:3
OpenGL Version 2.0 or later 2.0 or later
Network Broadband Internet connection required for play Broadband Internet connection required for play
Input Touchscreen Touchscreen

This table explains it all. Hope this helps!

By the way, I've moved your topic to the Feedback forum where it corresponds. 

Thank you for your patience!

Littlewing
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @Littlewing

Thank you for your feedback and question.

Please note that the Pokémon TCG Online is currently available for Android Tablet devices with these minimum requirements and recommended specifications:

Component Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Hardware Tablet Tablet
Operating System Android 4.1 or later Android 4.2 or later
Processor Dual Core 1.5 GHz Quad Core 1.5 GHz
Memory 2 GB RAM 4 GB RAM
Internal Storage 6 GB available HD space 6 GB available HD space
Supported Minimum Display 1024x600, 1280x800, 1024x768 1024x600, 1280x800, 1024x768
Supported Aspect Ratio 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 16:9, 16:10, 4:3
OpenGL Version 2.0 or later 2.0 or later
Network Broadband Internet connection required for play Broadband Internet connection required for play
Input Touchscreen Touchscreen

This table explains it all. Hope this helps!

By the way, I've moved your topic to the Feedback forum where it corresponds. 

Thank you for your patience!

But this wasn't meant to be feedback - I was looking for help in determining whether the asset data the game downloads being left on the device's internal storage after moving the PTCGO app to SD storage was intentional, or if it's not supposed to work that way.  My tablet meets the specifications, but the table doesn't help address my actual issue.

Is the asset data the game downloads always going to be kept on the device's internal memory, even if I move the app to the SD card?  Or is this unintended behavior that can be fixed?

Edited by Littlewing

Mod_GuruLot
11 minutes ago, Littlewing said:

But this wasn't meant to be feedback - I was looking for help in determining whether the asset data the game downloads being left on the device's internal storage after moving the PTCGO app to SD storage was intentional, or if it's not supposed to work that way.  My tablet meets the specifications, but the table doesn't help address my actual issue.

Is the asset data the game downloads always going to be kept on the device's internal memory, even if I move the app to the SD card?  Or is this unintended behavior that can be fixed?

Hello @Littlewing

If you haven't already, I recommend opening a ticket for this with our support team. It's too specific to investigate it in the forum. 

You can find a link to the support portal in my signature. After clicking the support portal link, click "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online", then click contact us on the next page.

Please include any details you have about your device, OS version, processor, type of internet connection you are using.

The support team should be able to give you further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this