Sign in to follow this  
ScytherJazz

[GENERAL] Game UI/HUD Completely Broken/Invisible

ScytherJazz

Ever since the new update(I believe it's 2.66?), it appears like most of the game's in-window "windows" and borders have completely vanished for me. This includes the login window, the daily bonus prize box, the pull-out window to the side where the messages are kept, and so many more elements. I can't see any of the tab buttons for the shop/versus/collection screens. If I fuss around and try to click where they should be, it looks like that information is still mapped in, but it's incredibly difficult to do. I was able to redeem some code cards, but other elements like the boxes and buttons on the collection screen are invisible/not there. I can't find a way to open any packs, and navigating around at all is close to impossible. It's like the screen is only displaying the furthest back element; like the splash arts. Some text is still there, but almost all of it is just gone. The trade screen's pop-up window for specifying filters is just not there. The deck manager loads, but I can't even hit the buttons to scroll through the cards. I managed to start a match, and many of those elements just aren't loading in either. The avatar's skins are invisible, it's just floating faces with the clothes. The cards are mostly still visible, but attached energies and the damage counters are just black circles, and the board itself and the background also won't load. It's all black. I can't see any of the emote area's UI/HUD things either. I've restarted the game a few times with no changes. The game's just completely unplayably broken right now. I'm on a PC with Windows 10, I don't know how relevant that is, but if there's anything else I could provide that could help identify the issue here, I'd really appreciate it. Should I try to uninstall and re-install?

(unrelated, I've also been dealing with a small bug ever since I started playing again earlier this year, where I have to manually re-enter my password every time I log in. The game doesn't ever properly remember my password even with the box checked. It just says "invalid login/password." But that's easier to deal with than the game just being broken.)

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect its sub's format.

Mod_GuruLot
21 hours ago, ScytherJazz said:

Ever since the new update(I believe it's 2.66?), it appears like most of the game's in-window "windows" and borders have completely vanished for me. This includes the login window, the daily bonus prize box, the pull-out window to the side where the messages are kept, and so many more elements. I can't see any of the tab buttons for the shop/versus/collection screens. If I fuss around and try to click where they should be, it looks like that information is still mapped in, but it's incredibly difficult to do. I was able to redeem some code cards, but other elements like the boxes and buttons on the collection screen are invisible/not there. I can't find a way to open any packs, and navigating around at all is close to impossible. It's like the screen is only displaying the furthest back element; like the splash arts. Some text is still there, but almost all of it is just gone. The trade screen's pop-up window for specifying filters is just not there. The deck manager loads, but I can't even hit the buttons to scroll through the cards. I managed to start a match, and many of those elements just aren't loading in either. The avatar's skins are invisible, it's just floating faces with the clothes. The cards are mostly still visible, but attached energies and the damage counters are just black circles, and the board itself and the background also won't load. It's all black. I can't see any of the emote area's UI/HUD things either. I've restarted the game a few times with no changes. The game's just completely unplayably broken right now. I'm on a PC with Windows 10, I don't know how relevant that is, but if there's anything else I could provide that could help identify the issue here, I'd really appreciate it. Should I try to uninstall and re-install?

(unrelated, I've also been dealing with a small bug ever since I started playing again earlier this year, where I have to manually re-enter my password every time I log in. The game doesn't ever properly remember my password even with the box checked. It just says "invalid login/password." But that's easier to deal with than the game just being broken.)

Hello @ScytherJazz

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the game. 

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Usually this resolves the issue. 

Please follow this link for the step-by-step instructions on a full re-installation of the  Windows Client. You may also want to read some FAQ articles.  

After uninstalling, simply download and install the game from the official download page.

If the issue persists, you can also submit a ticket to our support team by tapping the support portal link in my signature and selecting the "Ask a Question" option. 

By the way, I've moved your topic to the Technical Support sub and updated the title to be more descriptive. 

Hope that helps! 

Sign in to follow this