kodking

making wanted cards more likely to appear in packs

kodking

so i see alot of people stating how they gotta get like 100 packs of the one series before they get the card they need. i know trading is a great way to get the card your looking but lets face it. if your looking for a really popular card or a card from one of the old old sets its highly unlikely somebody will have one and want to trade it, and even if that is the case you may not have the items they want or desire for the trade. an idea i have thought of is cards you mark as a wanted or favourite are more likely to appear in booster packs you purchase from the market. so say i am looking for a card from team up. i have spent 5000 tokens on team up packs to get the card (which has happened to me). i open the packs and dont get the card i need. now that is 5000 tokens gone. i aint gonna get them back. and since i have maxed out the versus ladder and the daily challenges dont give me enough tokens to stockpile i have to wait for the ladder to reset. that gets pretty boring.  so it could take  weeks possibly months to make a deck i need. again this can make beginner players frustrated and almost impossible to get started. this suggestion would simply help people achieve their goal of building their decks

• Downvote 4

Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, kodking said:

so i see alot of people stating how they gotta get like 100 packs of the one series before they get the card they need. i know trading is a great way to get the card your looking but lets face it. if your looking for a really popular card or a card from one of the old old sets its highly unlikely somebody will have one and want to trade it, and even if that is the case you may not have the items they want or desire for the trade. an idea i have thought of is cards you mark as a wanted or favourite are more likely to appear in booster packs you purchase from the market. so say i am looking for a card from team up. i have spent 5000 tokens on team up packs to get the card (which has happened to me). i open the packs and dont get the card i need. now that is 5000 tokens gone. i aint gonna get them back. and since i have maxed out the versus ladder and the daily challenges dont give me enough tokens to stockpile i have to wait for the ladder to reset. that gets pretty boring.  so it could take  weeks possibly months to make a deck i need. again this can make beginner players frustrated and almost impossible to get started. this suggestion would simply help people achieve their goal of building their decks

Hello @kodking

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I'm forwarding your suggestion to the development team for their review. 

Even though they do not always implement every suggestion they receive, they always pay attention to every single comment.

kodking
13 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @kodking

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I'm forwarding your suggestion to the development team for their review. 

Even though they do not always implement every suggestion they receive, they always pay attention to every single comment.

thank you

Wise_Sage

Trying to get that Jirachi? Lol.  I agree with you. I opened at least 100 packs, and still can’t cards I wanted.  It seems like it is harder and harder to pull the rare cards.  I remember it was easier to pull 4 Tapu  Lele  GX. Now, i must have opened more than 100 packs this months, and still can’t pull the strong tag team GX cards I wanted.  With the new season, I have no qualified standard deck.  Since you spent 5000 points, that’s only 25 packs. You see that the market value for jirachi is 28 unified packs. It is easier to trade if you already have most of the cards you need from that sets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

kodking

honestly i think to packs should be cheaper, maybe 100 tokens

Felidae_

A noble idea, but way to easy to ***** in the long run.

Weirdly enough, the one thing that could save this game are micro transactions (with a much lower money/”insert virtual currency here” ratio then what they had with the gems).

True, there has been a lot of discussion in recent months about the topic and they certainly need to limit the amount you can spend on an account per day / put in an age restriction and parents permission for younger accounts, but other than that this would drastically increase the amount of trad-able packs and hence the amount of trad-able copies of key cards (lowering their price in the long run)

kodking

honestly due to the price of the packs and how slow it is to grind for tokens the packs are way too expensive. either increase chance oof wanted card appearing, lower the price of packs, or increase how many tokens are received. or possibley making an easier way to get tokens

• Upvote 1

CourtPlaystcg

I think it'd be nice if they did a bundle sort of thing (kind of like a booster pack) where you get 10 cards like normal but those ten cards are all good playable cards. So that way it's easier just buy one of those bundles and you are guaranteed 10 playable cards. So you don't have to spend tons of points  trying to get good cards from booster packs. If they have something likes this it would lower the price of the boosters and make the playble cards easier to get. So that way you don't need to spend 5000 points on a gamble if your going to get a good card or not.

Glucario111

making card appear that u want would screw over the whole economy right now, 
since everyone that already has ways to get stuff, can just open up packs with a lot of expensive cards i think of COL legends for Reverse Holo Energies for example, or currently ReshiZek from CEC, and the pull rate would just be better, and like trading would be unfair in such a system where chase cards. Sure those are super expensive but for TPCI /Direwolf every card is technically worth the same.
I agree on having Shop Packs cheaper or instead get more tokken. 

I have my eyes on a better solution tho:
Bring Back Weekly rotating tokken Tournaments: Now ppl have only 2 ways to use your tokkens: Buying LOCKED stuff in the Shop, or pay a bad trade tax.
With Tokken Tournaments Players get a way to play meaningful games once the ladder is finished. Players Can use the Tokkens they got from it to enter Tournaments which reward you with packs. 

• Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
4 hours ago, Glucario111 said:

making card appear that u want would screw over the whole economy right now, 
since everyone that already has ways to get stuff, can just open up packs with a lot of expensive cards i think of COL legends for Reverse Holo Energies for example, or currently ReshiZek from CEC, and the pull rate would just be better, and like trading would be unfair in such a system where chase cards. Sure those are super expensive but for TPCI /Direwolf every card is technically worth the same.
I agree on having Shop Packs cheaper or instead get more tokken. 

I have my eyes on a better solution tho:
Bring Back Weekly rotating tokken Tournaments: Now ppl have only 2 ways to use your tokkens: Buying LOCKED stuff in the Shop, or pay a bad trade tax.
With Tokken Tournaments Players get a way to play meaningful games once the ladder is finished. Players Can use the Tokkens they got from it to enter Tournaments which reward you with packs. 

Hello @Glucario111

Thank you for your suggestion on shop packs and for sharing your opinion on a better solution for Weekly Tournaments.

Our developers love to hear what players think. 

DawsonJr88

Perhaps having a system similar to Duel Links' or Hearthstone's would be a good idea. The former's system has a case with so many packs per boxes, and so many copies of cards per box; once all copies from that case have been received, the only way to get more is to reset the box so it has all packs and cards in the case. The latter's system has a "pity-timer" for legendary cards, and each legendary can only be acquired once while others are still missing from one's collection; additionally, there is a crafting system that allows for any card to be made by way of converting other cards in to dust and using it to craft cards. Some sort of mixture of these systems may potentially be something to consider.

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, DawsonJr88 said:

Perhaps having a system similar to Duel Links' or Hearthstone's would be a good idea. The former's system has a case with so many packs per boxes, and so many copies of cards per box; once all copies from that case have been received, the only way to get more is to reset the box so it has all packs and cards in the case. The latter's system has a "pity-timer" for legendary cards, and each legendary can only be acquired once while others are still missing from one's collection; additionally, there is a crafting system that allows for any card to be made by way of converting other cards in to dust and using it to craft cards. Some sort of mixture of these systems may potentially be something to consider.

Hello @DawsonJr88

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea! :)

I'm passing it along to the development team for further review. 

grriffinn
On 11/9/2019 at 8:08 AM, DawsonJr88 said:

The IRL packs of Pokémon cards already have this kind of structure to ‘em. Booster boxes come with 36 packs and usually have a set amount of chase cards in ‘em (5-7 URs with two of being Full-Arts and a chance at one of those being a Secret/Hyper Rare) and I never understood why the TCGO never followed with the idea.