CeciLoPeta

Defeating NPC trainers to get expansion packs

CeciLoPeta

Hello. I've come back to this game after a lot of time. So I don't remember how some things work...

I thought I could go to Trainer Challenge again. I already beat all of them, but I believe I can earn expansion packs for the decks if I defeat different NPC trainers with each of them. In fact, I have a Fennekin deck that has 4/12 on it. If I click "deck status" (just guessing, I play in Spanish) it says 4/12 in Gold League. But I just defeated some guy in the Gold League at random and it didn't advance. So... I guess I need to defeat each of them, not only one 12 times?

That's cool, but how do I even know which ones I already defeated with this deck? Is there a way to see it? Or do I have to defeat all of them again and keep track of it myself? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

SandaledOtter

The check mark ✔️on the card packs (next to the stars ) tell you if you have collected the prize for beating that trainer 4 times . You don't need to look at that.

The check mark ✔️next to the trainer's face 🙎‍♂️✔️ will tell you you have beaten that trainer using that deck.

• Upvote 1

CeciLoPeta
9 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

The check mark ✔️on the card packs (next to the stars ) tell you if you have collected the prize for beating that trainer 4 times . You don't need to look at that.

The check mark ✔️next to the trainer's face 🙎‍♂️✔️ will tell you you have beaten that trainer using that deck.

That's what I was missing! Thank you! I feel a bit dumb now for not noticing x'D.

Otakutron

It is also worth noting that if you have a Theme Deck, either from using a Redemption Code or having bought it from the in-game store with Tokens, you'll get a free booster pack for beating 12 opponent's with that Theme Deck.  I am not sure if they have to be different opponents or not (I think they do) and I've never actually had a Theme Deck via Redemption Code, so I could be mistaken.

Edited by Otakutron
Rewrote final sentence to cover things I don't know for certain.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CeciLoPeta
7 hours ago, Otakutron said:

It is also worth noting that if you have a Theme Deck, either from using a Redemption Code or having bought it from the in-game store with Tokens, you'll get a free booster pack for beating 12 opponent's with that Theme Deck.  I am not sure if they have to be different or not.

Yeah, that's what I was going for! I just didn't see the check mark telling me if I've beaten a certain opponent or not x'D. I normally play those 12 battles against the NPCs to try the deck before using it on versus, too :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Alder

Hello CeciLoPeta, I'm glad to see you solved your problem. Thank you SandaledOtter for helping out a fellow player.