Pateusz

[CARD] Greninja-GX Ability + Rare Candy

Pateusz

Hi!
When my opponent evolves Froakie into Greninja-GX using Rare Candy then Greninja's Ability Shuriken Flurry doesn't work. Am I wrong? If not, there is a bug. 

Mod_GuruLot
5 minutes ago, Pateusz said:

Hi!
When my opponent evolves Froakie into Greninja-GX using Rare Candy then Greninja's Ability Shuriken Flurry doesn't work. Am I wrong? If not, there is a bug. 

Hello @Pateusz

Thank you for reporting this possible bug.

When you run into this situation again, would you please place a game log so we can take a look into it to make sure it is a bug?

I'm also editing the title of your topic to reflect this sub's format.

SandaledOtter

Rare Candy:

Choose 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. If you have a Stage 2 card in your hand that evolves from that Pokémon, put that card onto the Basic Pokémon to evolve it. You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

Shuriken Flurry:

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

I don't see any reason for Shuriken Flurry to not work. The requirements (play from your hand... to evolve 1of your Pokémon... during your turn) are all met when using Rare Candy.

TheBlackxRanger
On 9/18/2019 at 4:50 AM, SandaledOtter said:

Rare Candy:

Choose 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. If you have a Stage 2 card in your hand that evolves from that Pokémon, put that card onto the Basic Pokémon to evolve it. You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

Shuriken Flurry:

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

I don't see any reason for Shuriken Flurry to not work. The requirements (play from your hand... to evolve 1of your Pokémon... during your turn) are all met when using Rare Candy.

It should have worked, something must have been tweaked in the latest update

shinygeodude

Since Greninja is a stage 2, maybe the game is incorrectly only looking for an evolution from a stage 1 Pokemon--in this case, Frogadier.