MightyGoldFalco

[GENERAL] Freezing - Freezing during battles after recent update on Chromebook

Reshizard21

My game keeps crashing when I get my hand in versus, this is frustrating.

Mod_GuruLot
11 minutes ago, Reshizard21 said:

My game keeps crashing when I get my hand in versus, this is frustrating.

Hello @Reshizard21

I'm sorry  to hear the issue persists.

If none of the troubleshooting steps work for you, please submit a ticket by clicking this link, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Hope this helps!

Reshizard21

Ok, thanks!

Mod_GuruLot
2 minutes ago, Reshizard21 said:

Ok, thanks!

You're very welcome! :)

Reshizard21

I played two games and they were fine. I won them both :D. But just when I made a new Lightning/Psychic deck, I was going to test it out. When I went to versus, I got to the coin flip. Then, it froze and crashed before I got my hand 😢 

EvL_TrtL

This is my first day after the server update from yesterday (10/29/2019), and I can say that nothing has changed. I am running the latest version of the app (2dot67dot0dot4542#1990). The app freezes even faster than before (always during active/bench setup) and always when some animation come on the screen. The server version I connected to was 2dot67dot0dot4728@13678L13683. This has been going on for almost two months! The newest set goes live in the app tomorrow and I can't play any of the new cards I got from the pre-release because the game is unplayable! Android/Chromebooks are not going away, please figure this out ASAP!

• Like 1

Mod_GuruLot
1 hour ago, EvL_TrtL said:

This is my first day after the server update from yesterday (10/29/2019), and I can say that nothing has changed. I am running the latest version of the app (2dot67dot0dot4542#1990). The app freezes even faster than before (always during active/bench setup) and always when some animation come on the screen. The server version I connected to was 2dot67dot0dot4728@13678L13683. This has been going on for almost two months! The newest set goes live in the app tomorrow and I can't play any of the new cards I got from the pre-release because the game is unplayable! Android/Chromebooks are not going away, please figure this out ASAP!

Hello @EvL_TrtL

I'm very sorry you're having this ongoing issue with the game.

I would suggest submitting a ticket to our support team clicking this link and describing the situation so that they can investigate what else can be done to resolve this. 

Hope this helps!

Mod_RedDragon

Hello Trainers!

We understand you are unable to get the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online to work on your Chromebook. As Chromebooks are not officially classified as an Android tablet device, we cannot guarantee game stability or functionality even though you may be able to download and install the game. We recommend installing and playing the game on an appropriately supported platform if you are still experiencing an issue. 

EvL_TrtL
1 hour ago, Mod_RedDragon said:

Hello Trainers!

We understand you are unable to get the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online to work on your Chromebook. As Chromebooks are not officially classified as an Android tablet device, we cannot guarantee game stability or functionality even though you may be able to download and install the game. We recommend installing and playing the game on an appropriately supported platform if you are still experiencing an issue. 

Ok, I understand that may be the official statement. But you can't deny that in spite of that, it was working great up until the September server update. So it is very difficult for a user to be told that something they once had and enjoyed is now broken. With such increased acceptance of the Chrome OS platform, I no longer use my Windows PC. I enjoy playing on my lunch break and it's nice to be able to play against my daughter when I travel, but I hear excuses and not many plans for a long term solution, which is frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

whyjon
On 10/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, EvL_TrtL said:

Ok, I understand that may be the official statement. But you can't deny that in spite of that, it was working great up until the September server update. So it is very difficult for a user to be told that something they once had and enjoyed is now broken. With such increased acceptance of the Chrome OS platform, I no longer use my Windows PC. I enjoy playing on my lunch break and it's nice to be able to play against my daughter when I travel, but I hear excuses and not many plans for a long term solution, which is frustrating.

I just wanted to echo this because I feel the same and the official reasoning is a pretty lame excuse given the popularity of chrome. The app worked fine now it doesn't. it was a great app even one i'd have paid monthly for. I was purchasing every theme deck to play online and now you've all but lost me as a customer without this platform to play off of. I got the october update today, i was excited thinking something would change 😕

EldersGods

i dont use chromebook and i got same problem

salvader90

I have been having issues with the game on my Chomebook too. Game freezes in the middle of a duel on versus. Very frustrating since I bought the Chromebook to play TCGO :/

ComeAndTakeItTx

Having the same issue with my chromebook. Trying to teach my step son how to play but we cant even go 2 turns before crashing or freezing. Currently having him play the trainer matches but it crashes anytime during the match 

Mod_Gunning

Hi ComeAndTakeItTx,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by this issue. As previously mentioned in this thread, Chromebooks are not officially classified as an Android tablet device, so we cannot guarantee game stability or functionality even though you may be able to download and install the game. We recommend installing and playing the game on an appropriately supported platform if you are still experiencing an issue. Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Camaroking1990

It would be fantastic if the mods would stop using the same excuse about chromebooks not being supported because i had no problems playing the game on my chromebook from june-august but then you updated the game and BOOM no longer works sooo maybe just maybe there is some underlying problem or maybe you could just say the game Stopped supporting chromebooks instead of just repeating the same thing every other mod has said like man just give us an actual answer that youll never fix the problem cause this is getting to be a broken record!!!!!!!

bushychris
On 10/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, bushychris said:

I am experiencing the same freezing issue on a Chromebook.  Within a turn or two of starting a match (against a human or the computer), the UI freezes although sound continues to play.  However, I can use the rest of the application normally.

Client Version: 2.66.1.4483:#1966

Google Pixelbook 

OS Version ************* (Official Build) (64-bit)

Android Version 9

Android Build number R77-12371.75.3 release-keys

After the December 2019 update (client version 2.68.0.4593:#2003), I've been able to successfully complete two matches without any freezing.  

Although, somewhat hilariously, I got a warning message that my system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements the first time that I logged in after the update.  If a Pixelbook with an i7 and 16GB of RAM doesn't meet the system requirements, I don't know what does! 

Mod_GuruLot
21 hours ago, bushychris said:

After the December 2019 update (client version 2.68.0.4593:#2003), I've been able to successfully complete two matches without any freezing.  

Although, somewhat hilariously, I got a warning message that my system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements the first time that I logged in after the update.  If a Pixelbook with an i7 and 16GB of RAM doesn't meet the system requirements, I don't know what does! 

Hello @bushychris

I'm sorry to hear the issue persists. 

I would suggest submitting a ticket to our support team to hear what they say.

To do so, please click this link, sign in and select the TCGO category and then hit the "Ask a Question" option. 

Thank you!