MightyGoldFalco

[GENERAL] Freezing - Freezing during battles after recent update on Chromebook

Mod_RedDragon
6 hours ago, EvL_TrtL said:

Client Version: 2.66.1.4483:#1966

Server Version: 2.66.0.4642@13418L13430

Hardware: HP Chromebook x2

Issue: Game app will freeze randomly during game. After freezing, app will auto-close after clicking or tapping the screen. This happens 95% of the time at various stages of a game. The freeze usually takes place during any kind of animation of the screen (card shuffle, playing a card, etc.). Match results in a loss. Issue has been on-going for over a week. Unable to play through an entire game with regularity (1 out of 20 attempts). App uninstall/reinstall does not work. Reboot of Chromebook does not work. Playmat Options>Use Simple Effects does not work. Download All Card Images does not work.

Hello @EvL_TrtL,

Thank you for the report. I have merged your post into this thread as it is a similar issue. 

EvL_TrtL

@Mod_RedDragon

My Chromebook just updated to Chrome OS version 77 dot 0 dot 3865 dot 93. The issue still persists. Cannot make it through the first turn before freezing.

• Upvote 1

EvL_TrtL

I cannot stress enough how frustrating this has been and it all started around the time the servers were down for maintenance. I can get into a game. I can even start playing, and I could even be close to winning and ready to deliver the final knockout, only to have the system freeze up and close. A few times I have come close to flipping a table or throwing my device.

• Like 3

Camaroking1990
21 hours ago, EvL_TrtL said:

I cannot stress enough how frustrating this has been and it all started around the time the servers were down for maintenance. I can get into a game. I can even start playing, and I could even be close to winning and ready to deliver the final knockout, only to have the system freeze up and close. A few times I have come close to flipping a table or throwing my device.

Seriously this is getting so old with this game. I use an android device and this never happens to my wife using a windows device.

• Like 2

Mod_Gunning

Hi EvL_TrtL,

We are sorry for any frustration caused to you by this issue. Hoping you have submitted a ticket to our game team by clicking the support portal link in my signature, signing in and selecting a relevant category before clicking "Contact Us", in order for the issue to be investigated further. Thank you for your cooperation.

EvL_TrtL
51 minutes ago, Mod_Gunning said:

Hi EvL_TrtL,

We are sorry for any frustration caused to you by this issue. Hoping you have submitted a ticket to our game team by clicking the support portal link in my signature, signing in and selecting a relevant category before clicking "Contact Us", in order for the issue to be investigated further. Thank you for your cooperation.

@Mod_Gunning I don't see a signature on your post/comment. Can you please provide the direct link in a response? Thanks.

Mod_GuruLot
4 hours ago, EvL_TrtL said:

@Mod_Gunning I don't see a signature on your post/comment. Can you please provide the direct link in a response? Thanks.

Hello @EvL_TrtL

Thank you for pointing. I'm gladly sharing the direct link to the support portal with you. 

Here you are: http://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us

Hope this helps!

Yubimusubi

I'm having a similar problem now. It happened in the past but it's really been bad today. I can share screenshots of the freeze (I capped it 3 times) if helpful.

I think all of the crashes have been during some animation, draw a card, play a card, send a message/emote.

Most but not all of the crashes have happen when sending a message or emoting. Usually at the beginning of the game while setting up. It always counts as a loss when this happens. One match I did not send a message at all and then just before I was going to deliver the final attack I sent a courteous "Well played!" message and the game froze. When I logged back in I only got 5 points towards my vs ladder (for the 5 prizes I took).

I am on a Samsung Chromebook Plus V2, not rooted and not in developer mode, if it matters.

mokelmokel

Chromebook Acer R11 freezes every game.

• Like 2

whyjon

I've been experiencing the same thing as these folks, game always freezing during a match. it runs fine until I'm in a versus match in which it the game freezes everytime but seems provoked by game animations. I'm playing on a chromebook acer 15 

• Like 1

EvL_TrtL
On 9/26/2019 at 10:52 AM, Camaroking1990 said:

Seriously this is getting so old with this game. I use an android device and this never happens to my wife using a windows device.

I created a ticket, which was quickly closed with them stating that "Chromebooks are not officially supported". I sent a response today which reopened the case. I suggest everyone who has an issue open a ticket. This will show that the issue affects different people and hardware.

Visit this site:

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000426093-Pokémon-Trading-Card-Game-Online

Click on "Contact Us" to open a ticket.

• Like 1

Mod_GuruLot
3 hours ago, EvL_TrtL said:

I created a ticket, which was quickly closed with them stating that "Chromebooks are not officially supported". I sent a response today which reopened the case. I suggest everyone who has an issue open a ticket. This will show that the issue affects different people and hardware.

Visit this site:

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000426093-Pokémon-Trading-Card-Game-Online

Click on "Contact Us" to open a ticket.

Hello EvL_TrtL, 

We always advise players who have similar issues to contact our support team. 

In this case, please note that providing the following information when you submit a ticket could be very useful:

Device Name:

Device Model Number:

Operating System Version:

By the way, you can also use the direct support portal link in my signature to do so.

Hope this helps!

Camaroking1990

The TCGO is consistently crashing whenever I enter a VS match. I have not been able to play the game for an entire week. I tried to delete the game and reinstall and that hasnt helped. i tried rebooting my Chromebook and to no avail the game still crashes 10 seconds into a match! please fix this problem, it is to my understanding many people are being faced with the same issue.

• Like 1

Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

Thank you to everyone that has provided their hardware specifications! If you have already submitted this information here on the forum you do not need to create a support ticket submitting that same information. While Chromebooks are not officially supported, all of the information submitted in this thread is being passed on to the development team for further review. If you have not posted your hardware specs, please be sure to do so.

whyjon

Why would Chromebooks not officially be supported? regardless it was a viable option for many people until recently, perhaps it could become officially supported? I love this game and app its the best out of all the trading card games and has converted me into a real life pokemon tcg player and would love to see the issue resolved for chrome users like myself 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, whyjon said:

Why would Chromebooks not officially be supported? regardless it was a viable option for many people until recently, perhaps it could become officially supported? I love this game and app its the best out of all the trading card games and has converted me into a real life pokemon tcg player and would love to see the issue resolved for chrome users like myself 

Hello @whyjon

Thank you for posting. You have been heard. 

Our development pays attention to every single comment although no guarantees that this would be implemented.

EvL_TrtL

I just tried to play Verses on my lunch break. I tried to play 20 games. Of those 20:

- 3 completed resulting in a win

- 1 froze midway through the game when I was looking at my discard pile

- 16 froze during initial player setup

This really started immediately following the last app and server update. Isn't there anyway we can get a roll back or some kind or emergency patch? The problem can be duplicated. It seems tied to the last update. If this is solely linked to Chromebooks, could it be a bug in Chrome OS? Since it primarily happens during animations, is it a memory resource issue? Can we get a version with simplified animations in a future release?

• Like 1

Mod_GuruLot
On 10/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, EvL_TrtL said:

I just tried to play Verses on my lunch break. I tried to play 20 games. Of those 20:

- 3 completed resulting in a win

- 1 froze midway through the game when I was looking at my discard pile

- 16 froze during initial player setup

This really started immediately following the last app and server update. Isn't there anyway we can get a roll back or some kind or emergency patch? The problem can be duplicated. It seems tied to the last update. If this is solely linked to Chromebooks, could it be a bug in Chrome OS? Since it primarily happens during animations, is it a memory resource issue? Can we get a version with simplified animations in a future release?

Hello @EvL_TrtL

Thank you for updating this topic with some new information pointing out to when exactly the game freezes on Chromebooks.

This could be useful for further investigation. 

bushychris

I am experiencing the same freezing issue on a Chromebook.  Within a turn or two of starting a match (against a human or the computer), the UI freezes although sound continues to play.  However, I can use the rest of the application normally.

Google Pixelbook 

OS Version ************* (Official Build) (64-bit)

Android Version 9

Android Build number R77-12371.75.3 release-keys

Edited by bushychris
Fix version number

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, bushychris said:

I am experiencing the same freezing issue on a Chromebook.  Within a turn or two of starting a match (against a human or the computer), the UI freezes although sound continues to play.  However, I can use the rest of the application normally.

Google Pixelbook 

OS Version ************* (Official Build) (64-bit)

Android Version 9

Android Build number R77-12371.75.3 release-keys

Hello @bushychris

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

While Chromebooks are not officially supported, I suggest you submit a ticket to our support team (by clicking the support portal link in my signature) to include this information for further reviewing the reported issue with Chromebooks.

Reshizard21

Ok. So what is up with the game always glitching when I try to battle someone with my deck? Does it have anything to do with which cards are in my deck? I have 2 Eevees, One Tauros, Leafeon GX, and the rest are EXs. I wanted to see if versus battles were easier with all EXs. The game keeps glitching and my ChromeBook freezes, so I might never know.

Edit: I tried my other decks, and all of them are glitching...

Otakutron

Sounds like you're having more general troubles.  It resembles an issue I sometimes would have been too much "junk" would accumulate on my computer, eating up valuable memory.

Mod_GuruLot
On 9/24/2019 at 11:57 PM, Camaroking1990 said:

Even after this recent update from today the game is still freezing when you go start a game

Hello @Camaroking1990

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Please read my response here on what could be the reason. 

Camaroking1990

MODs you claim the game was  originally designed for multiple OS including android.Well the game is still not working on MY ANDROID OS device and its been a month now so yea this game in my opinion is BROKEN!!!!

Mod_GuruLot
16 hours ago, Camaroking1990 said:

MODs you claim the game was  originally designed for multiple OS including android.Well the game is still not working on MY ANDROID OS device and its been a month now so yea this game in my opinion is BROKEN!!!!

Hello @Camaroking1990

I'm sorry to hear you run into issues on your Android device. 

Please keep in mind that the game was originally designed for a robust (wifi or wired) data connection and has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection. 

You can also check the minimum requirements for Android Tablet just to rule out any issues there:

Space Required: Up to 6 GB

Android OS Revision: 4.0 or higher

Most Android tablets are supported. Play Store will let you know if your device is supported.

Due to the large number of Android devices, we cannot guarantee compatibility with any specific device. 

We will certainly pass your feedback along to the development team for further review.

By the way, if you tried all the troubleshooting steps known and these didn't sort out the issue, please consider submitting a support ticket by clicking this link, selecting the "Ask a Question" option after singing in.