MightyGoldFalco

[GENERAL] Freezing - Freezing during battles after recent update on Chromebook

MightyGoldFalco

In the middle of the game, the game will freeze while either me or the opponent plays a card. The game does nothing afterwards when the card is played, and the timer will freeze. The "Concede" button doesn't work either, meaning I have to alt+f4 the game. 

Mod_Alder

Hello @MightyGoldFalco, I'm sorry to hear you have been having issues. How often does the game lock up as you describe? Does it seem to happen when specific cards are played? You may want to consider sending in a ticket to our customer service team and describe the issue to them in as much detail as you can. You can submit a ticket by clicking the link to the support portal in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

MightyGoldFalco

I've had it randomly occur, with it being more common at the start of the game rather than ************** doesn't seem to be any card or move that triggers it directly

Fabyo94

Every battle freezes, Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, was working smoothly before update. Ive tried 5 battles already all froze before or right after drawing

• Like 1

Mod_RedDragon

Hello @Fabyo94!

Are you running into an issue with freezing in other areas of the game, or is it just during battles? Is this only happening in Versus or does this also happen in the Trainer Challenge?

Fabyo94

I never do trainer challenges so I just now did one and everything was fine for about 2 minutes, they they played a supporter card and that was it it froze again. To be honest Im starting to see a pattern in it happening after I or the other plays a supporter card, I think thats when it freezes. @Mod_RedDragon

Edited by Fabyo94

breyjoyous

I updated the program two days ago on my chromebook (which had worked with the game perfectly for the past two months) and since then I haven't been able to get through a versus game without it freezing and crashing. It has happening at least seven times. anyone else having this issue? I haven't been able to send a support code through google play either.

Fabyo94

Yes, I reported it as well on my chromebook. In the versus or the even the trainer challenges it freezes, usually after a supporter card is played.

Holden0918

I too am also experiencing repeated game crashes since the update on both of my Chromebooks!!!!  This is ridiculous as it was working fine before and now cant even play for more than 5 minutes!  The developers need to fix this ASAP!  Clearly what ever they did made it worse which is funny cause the update was suppose to fix bug problems???

Mod_RedDragon
3 hours ago, Holden0918 said:

I too am also experiencing repeated game crashes since the update on both of my Chromebooks!!!!  This is ridiculous as it was working fine before and now cant even play for more than 5 minutes!  The developers need to fix this ASAP!  Clearly what ever they did made it worse which is funny cause the update was suppose to fix bug problems???

@Holden0918,

Are you also experiencing crashing when certain types of cards are played like @Fabyo94 mentioned, or does this seem to happen at random times?

breyjoyous

did they respond to you?

Thejaso04

Just updated today on a chromebook and cannot get a game to play. I have tried versus and even trainer challenge.

• Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
19 hours ago, breyjoyous said:

I updated the program two days ago on my chromebook (which had worked with the game perfectly for the past two months) and since then I haven't been able to get through a versus game without it freezing and crashing. It has happening at least seven times. anyone else having this issue? I haven't been able to send a support code through google play either.

Hello @breyjoyous

Thank your for reporting this issue!

Unfortunately, the game was originally designed for Windows, Mac, iPad and Android OS only. 

I've moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title to be more descriptive. 

Fabyo94

Sometimes it still does freeze right at the draw, when I do make it past that it seems to freeze after a type of card is played, its not just one particular card or anything. It was Birch's observation one time and Bridgette another @Mod_RedDragon

Edited by Fabyo94

Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

Thank you for all of the information you have provided. I have passed this information on to the development team. If you folks discover any new information, please feel free to post an update in this thread. 

Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

Please let us know the specific model of Chromebook you are playing on. 

Thejaso04
1 hour ago, Mod_RedDragon said:

Trainers,

Please let us know the specific model of Chromebook you are playing on. 

I am running on an Acer R11 convertible touchscreen

Mod_RedDragon
20 hours ago, Thejaso04 said:

I am running on an Acer R11 convertible touchscreen

Thanks for the info!

Fabyo94

HP 11inch touchscreen

Camaroking1990

Im having the same problem on my samsung chromebook ever since the update the game crashes whenever i go into a vs battle. I uninstalled and restarted my device and nothing is working. I emailed the support team and they want me to send them a crash log and i cant figure out how to even find that for my device. this game could be so much better but it seems the dev team just isn't interested in fixing major bugs. the game has never ran smooth on any device i have played on so im pretty sure it isnt my device that is the problem.

EvL_TrtL

Client Version: 2.66.1.4483:#1966

Server Version: 2.66.0.4642@13418L13430

Hardware: HP Chromebook x2

Issue: Game app will freeze randomly during game. After freezing, app will auto-close after clicking or tapping the screen. This happens 95% of the time at various stages of a game. The freeze usually takes place during any kind of animation of the screen (card shuffle, playing a card, etc.). Match results in a loss. Issue has been on-going for over a week. Unable to play through an entire game with regularity (1 out of 20 attempts). App uninstall/reinstall does not work. Reboot of Chromebook does not work. Playmat Options>Use Simple Effects does not work. Download All Card Images does not work.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect this sub's format.
  • Like 1

EvL_TrtL

Chrome OS build info keeps changing to ****

Version is 76 dot 0 dot 3809 dot 136

Edited by EvL_TrtL
Added Chrome OS Build Info

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, EvL_TrtL said:

Client Version: 2.66.1.4483:#1966

Server Version: 2.66.0.4642@13418L13430

Hardware: HP Chromebook x2

Issue: Game app will freeze randomly during game. After freezing, app will auto-close after clicking or tapping the screen. This happens 95% of the time at various stages of a game. The freeze usually takes place during any kind of animation of the screen (card shuffle, playing a card, etc.). Match results in a loss. Issue has been on-going for over a week. Unable to play through an entire game with regularity (1 out of 20 attempts). App uninstall/reinstall does not work. Reboot of Chromebook does not work. Playmat Options>Use Simple Effects does not work. Download All Card Images does not work.

Hello @EvL_TrtL,  

Thank you for reporting this, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the game on HP Chromebook x2. 

I've moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated its title to be more descriptive. 

If you continue to experience this issue, I would suggest submitting a ticket by clicking the support portal link in my signature, signing in, selecting a relevant category before clicking "Contact Us". 

Hope this helps!

Mod_GuruLot

Hello @Fabyo94 and @Camaroking1990

Thank you for updating this thread with more detail on the devices this issue seems to be affecting.

If you continue to have issues, I recommend submitting a ticket to our support team by clicking a direct link in my signature, signing in, selecting the PTCGO category and clicking "Contact Us". 

Hope this helps!

Camaroking1990

Even after this recent update from today the game is still freezing when you go start a game