Sign in to follow this  
SheckleGoldberg

Add Turbo Mode

SheckleGoldberg

I like to play games at a fast pace.

In Pokemon TCG Online though, often I'll end up against players that take their sweet time making every move. Whether it's because they're lagging or they're just plain slow, I wish I didn't have to play against people that just run down the clock to the max. 

Often I'll pick to play in Tournaments instead just so I can get the reduced timer of 12:30 per player.

That being said my request is for 2 separate faster modes:

• 12:30 Timer per player: Normal Quick Match
  • 7:30 Timer per player: Turbo mode: for players that want a very fast game but still have a mild amount of time for decision making
  • Upvote 1

Otakutron

I think it might be best to standardize the 12.5 minutes for a game, with an option for slower play.  Whether it is an option for longer or shorter matches, I think it should be just that; an optional preference you select when looking for a match but which can be disregarded if you can't find an opponent quickly enough.

If I am being unclear, let's use the "Turbo" Option suggested above.  Wanting a faster-paced game, I would select the Turbo option, and the game would seek to pair me against a player with the appropriate record who also selected the Turbo option.  If no one is available, the game would ask if I was willing to accept a match with someone who had not selected the Turbo option... or perhaps it would just ask if I still wanted a Turbo match, and if I didn't answer or said "No" it would match me up with the next available player.

harshu
On 9/16/2019 at 2:06 AM, SheckleGoldberg said:

I like to play games at a fast pace.

In Pokemon TCG Online though, often I'll end up against players that take their sweet time making every move. Whether it's because they're lagging or they're just plain slow, I wish I didn't have to play against people that just run down the clock to the max. 

Often I'll pick to play in Tournaments instead just so I can get the reduced timer of 12:30 per player.

That being said my request is for 2 separate faster modes:

• 12:30 Timer per player: Normal Quick Match
  • 7:30 Timer per player: Turbo mode: for players that want a very fast game but still have a mild amount of time for decision making

To be honest, whatever I have observed is, the animations take about 50% of the time of all the matches played. I mean time was never a problem when this game didn't have animations. Suddenly after that update, time consumption became a problem and threads like these started coming up. I and many others even went ahead to suggest to disable animations for players who didn't want them. But devs didn't feel that the idea was worth it. A game with lesser animation takes 3 seconds less per move.. each turn !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FinnDaddy

I am behind Harshu on this topic regarding the animations as the root of the issue, although 12.5 mins per player is usually reasonable. I liked playing better before animations and game felt snappy and responsive. I also like the click to play a card and undo better than the tedious carpel tunnel inducing drag and drop. I also preferred showing a sliver of all the attached cards, evolutions, and energy under each pokemon. I dont remember what else happened at that revision, but it looks like I didnt like anything about it. 

While I like faster gameplay, the slowness caused by players thinking is not what I get frustrated by. Its the animations, delays caused by the game itself, and players who walk away, not paying attention. A review and remedy to all game delays and tediousness is needed.

**One delay I need more of is between tournament rounds when the next round is starting. I have no Idea how long the it will be to start the next round and want to get up from the computer, take a bathroom break or anything else. It would be nice to be able to either view the end of the match as a spectator so I can tell if I have enough time for a bathroom break, or give at least 45 seconds warning that a new round is starting.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this