TheVenomViper

PTCGO Codes?

TheVenomViper

It'll be really cool if somebody who doesn't play the Trading Card Game online has some extra codes they are willing to be giving away. I just started the game rather recently after playing VGC, and I'm very low on cards and constantly playing the same format over and over is rather repetitive (I mean the Theme Deck tier). It'll mean a lot, thanks in advance.

• Downvote 1

Otakutron

I'm not trying to be mean but... is this really a good place to ask such a question?  These are the PTCGO-specific message boards, friend; in other words, nearly everyone here should be someone who plays the PTCGO. XD You're better off asking if anyone can help you out with getting started on the PTCGO with some sweetheart trades. ;)

• Upvote 1

TheVenomViper

Understandable, but I'm looking for specific cards and I need to open up online packs to hopefully get those specific cards if you are getting what I'm saying. I played the Pokemon TCG irl with some friends and I really want some of the cards that I previously used.

Otakutron
2 hours ago, TheVenomViper said:

Understandable, but I'm looking for specific cards and I need to open up online packs to hopefully get those specific cards...

...which is a terrible way to get the cards you need.  I'm guessing you don't really get the in-game economy. ;)

The short version is some stuff in this game is "Tradelocked", meaning the account that gets it cannot trade it away.  Redemption Codes from product (Booster Packs, Theme Decks, Tins,  etc.) give you stuff you can trade in the PTCGO... and since odds are so bad you'll pull what you need from boosters, tradeable booster packs are basically "money".

So... just ask for what you need, directly.  Asking for Redemption Codes to get packs to open to try and pull what you need isn't a good approach.  It is a like going to Pokémon League (held in a store), asking for cash to buy booster packs to pull what you need instead of just asking if people can spare the cards you need, or even going up front and buying what you need as singles. @_@

I can't promise I can spare what you need, but I can check... as can others. :)

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 1