Sign in to follow this  
arnie1991

[CARD] Fairy Charm Ability (UNB #171)

arnie1991

Fairy pokemon using the card "Fairy Charm: Ability" is attacked by mewtwo&mew Tag-team using a reshiram&charizard double Blaze attack bypasses the fairy charm affect.

Reshiram&Charizard does not have an ability therefore the attack if used by the reshiram&charizard would hit the fairy pokemon however Mewtwo&Mew's ability states "this pokemon can use the attacks of any pokemon-GX or pokemon-EX on your bench or in your discard pile" ( THIS POKEMON CAN USE) therefore the attack is being used by the mewtwo&mew and the fairy charm: Ability affect "Prevent all damage to the fairy pokemon this card is attached to by your opponents pokemon-GX or pokemon-EX with an ability" should in fact cause the attack Double Blaze used by Mewtwo&Mew to be nullified. this is a clip of the bug for refference 

Mod_Jynthu

Hello arnie1991,

Thank you for sharing your report. Did you save a game log from this match? This will help us to determine what happened in your match and if you have experienced a bug or if the cards are working as expected.

Additionally, please note that sharing links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. 

arnie1991
Posted (edited)

my appologies no i was not able to snag the game log  fro the match before exiting i was just upset about the bug and didnt think to copy it since i had it on recording and was live streaming it i thought sharing the recording would be enough evidence. is there any way to go back to previous matches and copy the game log?

Edited by arnie1991

SandaledOtter

No, unfortunately, they don't offer a way to access the log (at least from your device) when you leave the match, and it isn't saved.

XK920XK

double blaze gx with 6+ energies bypasses any effects on your pokemon.

• Upvote 1

arnie1991
7 hours ago, XK920XK said:

double blaze gx with 6+ energies bypasses any effects on your pokemon.

the affect says  "isnt affected by the affects of your opponents active pokemon" i would argue that the affect negating his attack isnt due to the oppenents active pokemon its the affect of an item placed on the pokemon. 

i am ok with whatever the official ruling is on it but i just wanted to get a straight answer from a mod/developer to see if it was working as intended or if it is indeed a bug cuz i was under the impression that the mewtwo&mew was not able to damage the fairy pokemon

XK920XK
1 hour ago, arnie1991 said:

the affect says  "isnt affected by the affects of your opponents active pokemon" i would argue that the affect negating his attack isnt due to the oppenents active pokemon its the affect of an item placed on the pokemon. 

i am ok with whatever the official ruling is on it but i just wanted to get a straight answer from a mod/developer to see if it was working as intended or if it is indeed a bug cuz i was under the impression that the mewtwo&mew was not able to damage the fairy pokemon

pokemon effects all work the same, stadiums, tools, attacks, abilities, supporters are classified the same way. There isnt anything special about how you get the effect, if you have the effect you have the effect. Vise versa is true as well in this case.

TPCi_Mathis

Effects on the attacking Pokémon get applied before effects on the Pokémon being attacked. In this case, the effect of Double Blaze GX gets applied first and prevents the effect of Fairy Charm Ability from blocking the attack's damage.

Sign in to follow this