killstreak

Retro Base Set Match

killstreak

Is there a way we can get a base set decks from the original 150 so we can have retro matches for us older generations? I would love to play a first generation match. I never learned how to play until recently and want to know what it was like playing with the old cards I used to collect.

RestlessThought

If you search around on the internet, you'll be able to play the Game Boy version of the Trading Card Game. It'll be against the AI, but it's still a pretty fun game. I played it when I was a kid and again a couple of years ago as an adult.

There's also a way to play the base set on sites like [Edited by Mod_Turtle: Advertising non official Pokémon sites is not allowed on the forum] but they're not as nice looking as PTCGO.

Mod_Turtle

Hey @killstreak,

I'd love to see the older expansions included in the game eventually. The base set had some incredibly powerful trainer cards. Computer Search, Item Finder, Gust of Wind (basically Pokémon Catcher), and Energy Removals were found in almost every deck. If I can remember right, the top decks around base set were "Haymaker" decks (Hitmonchan, Electabuzz etc), "Rain Dance" decks (Blastoise),  Alakazam/Chansey lock decks, and some occasional Venusaur decks.

What type of decks would you like to build if you had access to the older expansions? I'd like to hear your feedback!