darkpen

[GAME] Collection booster number freeze is not limited to only when 1 booster type

darkpen
Posted (edited)

Hello!

I was previously under the assumption that the known bug about the collection number not refreshing was only limited to when its only 1 type of booster, but I have found just recently that not only is that not true, but that the "bug" itself will actually move around to different boosters for unknown reasons. It has also lead me to believe that a booster that is affected by the bug has its pull rate adversely affected, drastically lowering the probability of pulling an Ultra Rare of any kind. 

The bug will also shift itself to a different booster when left alone on-screen for some time for an unknown reason, releasing itself from the previously stalled number. 

I don't know if its just Unified Minds (though I've noticed it the most with that set), but with frustrating consistency, an unaffected pack has given me good pulls with an average consistency of 4 packs, sometimes back to back Ultra Rares, while the affected pack will take sometimes 7 to 10 opened packs before I get an Ultra Rare, and if I do, often times its for a card I already have 3+ of, which makes me wonder if there is a seed for the randomizer that is simply not random enough. I've gotten up to 7 of the same Ultra Rare while getting none for the vast majority of others from when a pack is affected by this number bug. I honestly don't know how much of this anecdotal experience could ring true, but its certainly affected me in this way. The pulls aren't as even as they should be ever since this bug has surfaced, and its very notable when you have multiple packs in your collection that aren't affected by the bug at a given time, and you immediately start getting full art trainers and the like. The difference in pulls between an affected booster and an unaffected booster is too staggering to ignore.

It is my genuine hope that my anecdotal experience with this disparity is simply just the RNG not being in my favor, because otherwise I've wasted hundreds of codes on Unified Minds :(

Edited by darkpen
typo: "affected" to "unaffected"

Mod_GuruLot
18 hours ago, darkpen said:

Hello!

I was previously under the assumption that the known bug about the collection number not refreshing was only limited to when its only 1 type of booster, but I have found just recently that not only is that not true, but that the "bug" itself will actually move around to different boosters for unknown reasons. It has also lead me to believe that a booster that is affected by the bug has its pull rate adversely affected, drastically lowering the probability of pulling an Ultra Rare of any kind. 

The bug will also shift itself to a different booster when left alone on-screen for some time for an unknown reason, releasing itself from the previously stalled number. 

I don't know if its just Unified Minds (though I've noticed it the most with that set), but with frustrating consistency, an unaffected pack has given me good pulls with an average consistency of 4 packs, sometimes back to back Ultra Rares, while the affected pack will take sometimes 7 to 10 opened packs before I get an Ultra Rare, and if I do, often times its for a card I already have 3+ of, which makes me wonder if there is a seed for the randomizer that is simply not random enough. I've gotten up to 7 of the same Ultra Rare while getting none for the vast majority of others from when a pack is affected by this number bug. I honestly don't know how much of this anecdotal experience could ring true, but its certainly affected me in this way. The pulls aren't as even as they should be ever since this bug has surfaced, and its very notable when you have multiple packs in your collection that aren't affected by the bug at a given time, and you immediately start getting full art trainers and the like. The difference in pulls between an affected booster and an unaffected booster is too staggering to ignore.

It is my genuine hope that my anecdotal experience with this disparity is simply just the RNG not being in my favor, because otherwise I've wasted hundreds of codes on Unified Minds :(

Hello @darkpen

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

I'm passing the information you've provided along to our development team for their review.