Sign in to follow this  
Guneagle01

Trading is ridiculous in this game

Guneagle01

Im trying to complete my deck, and I still need 1x Cherish Ball, 2x Custom Catchers, and 1x Thunder Mountain

According to the price guide, Cherish Ball is .5, Custom Catcher is .25 and I couldn't find Thunder Mountain, but on Ou7c4st's guide it was a .66

So, realistically, the trade should be 1 UNM pack and 1 UNB pack, but according to the scammers on this game, it would be 4 UNM packs. completely ridiculous.

Edited by Guneagle01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

RestlessThought

Are you making your own trades? If not, then you're paying the upcharge to have it now.

Should be able to get all those cards for one pack. Thunder Mountain is listed at 0.75 (it's under the Ultra Rare Trainers & Energy section) but within half a pack value should still be fair.

• Downvote 1

Guneagle01

I have been, but no one takes them because im sure they expect the upcharge cost.

harshu
On 8/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, Guneagle01 said:

Im trying to complete my deck, and I still need 1x Cherish Ball, 2x Custom Catchers, and 1x Thunder Mountain

According to the price guide, Cherish Ball is .5, Custom Catcher is .25 and I couldn't find Thunder Mountain, but on Ou7c4st's guide it was a .66

So, realistically, the trade should be 1 UNM pack and 1 UNB pack, but according to the scammers on this game, it would be 4 UNM packs. completely *********** **

No trader in the game is obliged to follow any sort of price guides. To  make it more clear, the values in the guide are only perceptional and based on what the guide maker thinks the values are. Many of these values might be close to the real values. But the true and only source of finding proper value is to average out highest buying and lowest selling prices on public trades.

Calling others 'scammers' based on price guides is something pointless in my opinion. No guide can compel traders to put up trades that the guide think its worth for. You have the choice of whether to take it or not. If you like it, its fair, if you don't its unfair ? That's not how it works. It depends on what he got the card for and how much people are paying for it. If not it will just expire. I don't see how this is scamming. Its an open trade. You like the deal, you grab it otherwise leave it.. Someone else who thinks its fair, will take it.

Edited by harshu
  • Upvote 2

Yelf59

It's too bad we can't have a black list of traders.

Some are really spamming unfair offers, sush as our tag team versus their pikachu box... :(

RestlessThought
On 8/17/2019 at 1:58 AM, Guneagle01 said:

I have been, but no one takes them because im sure they expect the upcharge cost.

Okay. I sent you a friend request. If you still need the cards, I'll make the trade with you.

Edited by RestlessThought

TommyOblivion

Trading is generally fantastic.  Except for the spammers and performance issues.

This sounds like you'd like to pay 1 pack and you're making  1 post.  Posting for several different cards just lowers the odds someone will see the offer.

You're going to pay a price premium over the "value" because you really need break the trades up if you'd like to ensure they complete.

You're better off trading for a couple of lesser packs and posting back 1:1 or 2x if it's multiples of the same card.

You can offer as complex a mix as you want, but buying a single type of card at a time is best.

Edited by TommyOblivion

Masirus

When it comes to trading in this game, price guides are tools.  They aren't the end all be all of prices.  If you want to know the going rate for any given card, best thing to do is pull it up in public.  check out trades that have between 6-8 hours remaining.  Typically you'll get a pretty good idea what your cards value is.

Around the times of large format changes (this post seems to be from right around Worlds) prices are going to fluctuate.  Cards that were worth alot will drop as their usage becomes more limited and cards that may have been previously overshadowed now become more viable.  Things like that will affect supply and demand and thus price.

Furthermore, O4tcast has retired his price guide.  It's last update was something like 6-7 weeks ago so far and gone outdated by this point.  The only one I know of that's still being updated is 9outofBen's but in the current case things are still in flux.  The guides require human analysis to be updated and beause of that it takes alot of time an research.  You can use them as a basis for getting into trading but I wouldn't put too much stock in them.  At the end of the day, public trades will set the guidelines for a card's going rate.

heresh

I often use this guide myself but if it says custom catcher only owrth .25 pack then it definitely is flawed. 1 pack for a whole set is the price for mediocre items (not useless ones), while custom catcher is one of the most desired item cards right now. I doubt you can get any at the price of 0.5 pack each.

WaffleLycanroc

I have cherish ball and maybe custom catcher

Sign in to follow this