LiquidLutetium

Urgent Game Bug Involving Emotes Leading to Game Crashes and Corruption

LiquidLutetium

Hello! I would like to bring to attention an extremely bad issue that was found today by me and a few others while looking through chat emotes. This issue not only affects the players who use it, but other players as well in drastic ways. 

The issue has to do with various unused chat emotes such as {blend_1}, {rarepromolarge}, and all energy emotes followed by "_64x64". The effect of this is drastic to begin with, with almost all assets except the basic UI and cards deloading. All text becomes unviewable. This generally will last until the player logs out and logs back in on the client or until they close and reopen the client. However, it can at times cause the player's game to become permanently corrupted and all text and most assets to become unviewable until reinstall. As a side effect of this, running the game in this state can cause Windows system crashes due to a "critical structure corruption" having to do as a result. This isn't just a problem for the users who type the messages in chats; anyone who views the messages will usually end up with at least needing to relog. As well, using the emotes in friend game chat will cause games to lock up and even will cause the client to crash sometimes. Another result due to the corruption and assets not loading is that going into a game will force an autoloss and prevent the player from conceding until they close and reopen the client. 

The best way to solve the issue would be to temporarily close all chats including friend game chats and the lobbies. Until the emotes are removed from the game and have been identified, this could have dire consequences. People can force other players to reinstall at any time if they even view a message. If this is not fixed urgently, it will end badly.

To users reading this, DO NOT OPEN CHATS. No chats are safe. Wait until an emergency bug fix is implemented.

-Panda, your friendly neighbourhood bug boy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

talonflame153

i've encountered it twice tonight now where all the text in the game is gone, the game breaks, and doesnt work until i close and reopen it, when i entered a match with this glitch active it caused my cards to not appear, text didn't appear, not even the types in the decks when loading in, i lost my 2 game win streak thanks to my experimenting with it, 

anyways now that this is made known, sayonara

OU7C4ST

..Insane

Let's pray for a quick fix from the Devs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LiquidLutetium

A thing I have just discovered: If you save a deck with the name containing a broken emote, the moment you view it anywhere, it will cause the text and other assets to deload. It doesn't affect the opponent, but it will cause the usual side effects.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

TheMy5teryMan

I can only hope that this message gets out to as many people as possible before a chat lock is implemented.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

micromaster

all are now censored in game

• Upvote 1

TheBlackxRanger

Issue has been resolved

Mod_Turtle

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this! It looks like this issue has been resolved.

I have merged 2 threads about this issue.

Thank you again for your quick & detailed reporting!