Sign in to follow this  
MickPoems

[GENERAL] Checking for Refresher Update...

MickPoems

After installing Pokemon TCGO on my PC and opening it, it goes to the loading screen and says "Checking for Refresher update" for a couple minutes and than says "Could not connect to server" and then closes.

I've tried uninstalling and installing it, I've checked my firewall, and I've turned my modem on and off and nothing seems to be working.

I really want to play this game so any help would be much appreciated!

Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, MickPoems said:

After installing Pokemon TCGO on my PC and opening it, it goes to the loading screen and says "Checking for Refresher update" for a couple minutes and than says "Could not connect to server" and then closes.

I've tried uninstalling and installing it, I've checked my firewall, and I've turned my modem on and off and nothing seems to be working.

I really want to play this game so any help would be much appreciated!

Hello @MickPoems

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

- First of all, I'd recommend attempting these steps:

Locate and run the Refresher.exe file that can be found in your Pokémon TCG Online folder.

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page.

Run the installer.

Find the folder in which you installed the game, named Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, and run the Refresher executable manually.

Run the game client and log in.

- If that doesn't resolve the problem, try out some steps of the Manual Program Update:

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page

Run the installer.

Open the add/remove programs window in control panel.

Right click The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.

Choose the Change option.

This will run the Refresher executable, after which you should be able to Repair or Uninstall the game.

If repairing doesn't correct the issue, choose Uninstall from the menu.

After the game has successfully uninstalled, reinstall the game using the newest installer file from here.

Run the game client and log in.

- If none from above resolves your problem, would you please submit a ticket to our support team?

To do so, click the link to the support portal in my signature, sign in on the top right side of the page, then select the TCGO category and tap Contact Us.

By the way, I'm editing the title of this topic to make it more descriptive.

Hope this helps! 

MickPoems

Thank you so much for your response! Unfortunately, none of those have resolved this yet. For some reason I don't see your signature on this forum, could you tell me where else I can send in a ticket?

Mod_GuruLot
12 hours ago, MickPoems said:

Thank you so much for your response! Unfortunately, none of those have resolved this yet. For some reason I don't see your signature on this forum, could you tell me where else I can send in a ticket?

Hello @MickPoems,

Please let me know if you can view it now. 

I quote my signature right here:

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit the Pokémon Support Portal to submit a ticket.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

Sign in to follow this