FiishMan

[GENERAL] Cannot Launch the Pokemon online tcg Game

FiishMan

I just recently installed the pokemon tcg online game and want to play it. When I launch the game it says, "Error! Could not connect to server". So I did some troubleshooting and nothing I've seen has helped. I ran the refresher multiple times, I made sure I have a stable connection, I even tried restarting my computer and nothings helped, it just displays the same message. If anyone could help me fix it, their help would be greatly appreciated.

Mod_GuruLot
14 hours ago, FiishMan said:

I just recently installed the pokemon tcg online game and want to play it. When I launch the game it says, "Error! Could not connect to server". So I did some troubleshooting and nothing I've seen has helped. I ran the refresher multiple times, I made sure I have a stable connection, I even tried restarting my computer and nothings helped, it just displays the same message. If anyone could help me fix it, their help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @FiishMan

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

The steps below are for the Windows client:

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below: 1. Right click on the Start Icon. 2. Click on Command Prompt. 3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER. 4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the support team by clicking the support portal link in my signature, tapping the TCGO option, and then selecting Contact Us.

I'm also editing the title of your topic to reflect this sub's format.

Mod_RedDragon
On 8/12/2019 at 11:27 PM, FiishMan said:

Hello @FiishMan,

I was just checking in to see if you were able to get the game up and running.