Rocking_Bear

Trading is lagging in-game

Rocking_Bear

Hi,

Ever since the update of the application/server I've had some issues with trading. When I click "public trade" the application uses a couple of seconds before presenting the trading screen. This used to work fluid a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else having this issue? May there be a local cache issue or something?

Regards,

Bjorn

• Like 2

harshu
15 minutes ago, Rocking_Bear said:

Hi,

Ever since the update of the application/server I've had some issues with trading. When I click "public trade" the application uses a couple of seconds before presenting the trading screen. This used to work fluid a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else having this issue? May there be a local cache issue or something?

Regards,

Bjorn

Its a known issue and the developer team is said to be working on this. However, almost a week now and we don't see a solution...

• Like 2

Ash101416744

Something is going on at the developing team office...and it's certainly not work. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Loof6

I cannot find it in the known issue list here in the forum. Are you sure the devs are knowing?

SandaledOtter
4 hours ago, Loof6 said:

I cannot find it in the known issue list here in the forum. Are you sure the devs are knowing?

Considering there's a red box telling us about "trade maintenance" when we log in, yes.

• Upvote 1

Loof6

Yes, you might be right or it refers to the Google Play version, where you still can not trade. I'm just not sure. But I hope the devs work on it.

Pajacyk

It refers to Android version. Windows version is not gonna be fixed because 'it works'. I submitted a ticket too and it doesn't seem to have any impact on that.

Loof6

The Android version has already been fixed. Only Google has to check the new version before it comes to the Google Play Store.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, TPCi_Mathis said:

The updated Android build has already been uploaded to the Google Play store, but it can't actually be pushed out to the public until the team at Google completes their review and approves it for release. Up until a few months ago, their review times were around the 3-4 hour mark. Now their review times are averaging closer to 3-4 days. They haven't been very forthcoming with the reason for this change and there doesn't seem to be any way for us to expedite the process.

Pajacyk
20 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

Considering there's a red box telling us about "trade maintenance" when we log in, yes.

Yeah, red box gone and trade lagging not. This is exactly what I've expected.

Loof6

I sent a support ticket days ago. Supposedly, it is a known problem, but, as I said, I find nothing in the known issue post to the last patch. I am not sure if the developer understood me correctly. So I will send another support ticket. I recommend you do that as well. If more players point out this problem, it may be fixed faster.

http://www.pokemon.com/support

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, Loof6 said:

I sent a support ticket days ago. Supposedly, it is a known problem, but, as I said, I find nothing in the known issue post to the last patch. I am not sure if the developer understood me correctly. So I will send another support ticket. I recommend you do that as well. If more players point out this problem, it may be fixed faster.

http://www.pokemon.com/support

Hello @Loof6

Thank you for submitting a ticket regarding this issue to our support team, just hang tight.

Tickets are answered in the order they are received. The support team should be getting back to you shortly.  

Please refrain from submitting duplicate tickets because they don't do any good to anybody and just slow down the workflow. 

danieljf1989

I'm still having the very same problem here on PC, and my PC is a really good one. Trading is a mess right now. It lags when switching filters, it lags when loading and it lags right after you click on "Public Trade". This makes the whole trading experience really annoying. Does anyone know when/if it will be fixed?

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, danieljf1989 said:

I'm still having the very same problem here on PC, and my PC is a really good one. Trading is a mess right now. It lags when switching filters, it lags when loading and it lags right after you click on "Public Trade". This makes the whole trading experience really annoying. Does anyone know when/if it will be fixed?

Hello @danieljf1989

This issue is certainly something our team is already working on. 

We can't discuss when this will be resolved. It'll be announced officially by our development team as soon as it happens. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Mod_Turtle

This issue has been added to the Known Issues list.

• Added: Areas of the game that require the client to load or refresh large lists of items take several seconds longer to load than intended. This is most noticeable when viewing the collection, creating or editing a deck, and viewing or creating trade offers.

To read about this and other issues added to the list, please use this link - https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/72549-version-265-known-issues/

Jigglypuffan

game is pretty much unplayable everywhere except versus game(ingame).. its boring to wait 5-10 seconds every 30 seconds because the game keep loading slowly.

CptLexorFTW

Hello mod team, i know your hearing this alot at the moment but this is completely unacceptable. the august 8th change log was now over a week ago and still nothing has been done regarding this pretty gamebreaking bug. no announcements/ no maintenance/ no timeframe. IT IS THE WEEK BEFORE WORLDS!!! for this issue to not have been resolved before arguably your biggest weekend of the year in terms of the card game and popularity of the online client on a whole is a joke. imagine you see the stream on twitch over the weekend and think oh id like to have a go at that, then you logon to find that the client is taking 30 seconds to load every page and you can't trade for the cards you want because it is bugged. i am a long time player on this game and hate to see the state this game is in right now, i know im going to get the generic mod answer so this is probably just a waste of time but i just needed to vent. i can't even check the price of a card on the market and its infuriating.

no way something like this should be going untouched with worlds on our doorstep. please fix it. have submitted a ticket(lol) like that'll do anything :(

• Upvote 2

Mod_GuruLot
12 hours ago, CptLexorFTW said:

Hello mod team, i know your hearing this alot at the moment but this is completely unacceptable. the august 8th change log was now over a week ago and still nothing has been done regarding this pretty gamebreaking bug. no announcements/ no maintenance/ no timeframe. IT IS THE WEEK BEFORE WORLDS!!! for this issue to not have been resolved before arguably your biggest weekend of the year in terms of the card game and popularity of the online client on a whole is a joke. imagine you see the stream on twitch over the weekend and think oh id like to have a go at that, then you logon to find that the client is taking 30 seconds to load every page and you can't trade for the cards you want because it is bugged. i am a long time player on this game and hate to see the state this game is in right now, i know im going to get the generic mod answer so this is probably just a waste of time but i just needed to vent. i can't even check the price of a card on the market and its infuriating.

no way something like this should be going untouched with worlds on our doorstep. please fix it. have submitted a ticket(lol) like that'll do anything :(

Hello @CptLexorFTW

Thank you for your feedback.

Awesome, if you recently opened a support ticket, just hang tight.

I'm sure that the support team should be getting back to you shortly.  

Usually, tickets are answered in the order they are received.

Jigglypuffan
On 8/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @CptLexorFTW

Thank you for your feedback.

Awesome, if you recently opened a support ticket, just hang tight.

I'm sure that the support team should be getting back to you shortly.  

Usually, tickets are answered in the order they are received.

seriously?! again an answer with no meaning.

the game is completely unplayable.. At last,  give us the opinion of ptcgo staff about it.

Do you guy realize its a big mistake? Are you trying hard to fix the problem?  Are you progressing a lot to fix the problem?

Honestly, ptcgo staff should give more input when thing like that happen.

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, Jigglypuffan said:

seriously?! again an answer with no meaning.

the game is completely unplayable.. At last,  give us the opinion of ptcgo staff about it.

Do you guy realize its a big mistake? Are you trying hard to fix the problem?  Are you progressing a lot to fix the problem?

Honestly, ptcgo staff should give more input when thing like that happen.

Hello @Jigglypuffan

We're sorry for not having any further information to provide aside from the above said that the development team is working on its resolution. 

As soon as the development team has an update it will be announced. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

OnStarryNight
Posted (edited)

Hope they fixed it.

Simple fix is to put pagination and store only 100 in current page etc, They obvious wasted too much memory, and they don't know how to optimize yet. (UI thread seem run with the API thread, it might get messy and no easy to fix, as the coding architecture then you need to rework a lot stuff)
Just load the list 100 based on expired time. Let player scroll longer, search longer themselves, better than lag.

Edited by OnStarryNight

Jigglypuffan

Sorry to post again but i will ask 2 things..

First, do ptcgo find the lagging in trade/collection a big problem? Or its a bug like any other..

Second, if you are able to fix the problem , will you give a patch for it.. Or the next patch only gonna come at the next expansion so in like 3 months?

Loof6

It's really bad that it takes so long. Trading is an essential part of the game and in my opinion it is unacceptable that making an offer takes so long.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

CptLexorFTW

what a load of garbage..... update your game its been like nearly 2 months. utterly useless

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1