Sign in to follow this  
Pk_Walden

Recycle Energy Stays on Retreating Pokemon Card

Pk_Walden
Posted (edited)

Client: 2.65.1.4419

Card: Recycle Energy

Card Number: Unified Minds #212, Unified Minds #257

Expected Action: When retreating an Active Pokemon and using Recycle Energy to pay for the Retreat Cost, Recycle Energy should return to the player's hand (Card Text: "If this card is discarded from play, put it into your hand instead of the discard pile.")

Actual Action: Recycle Energy stays on the retreating Pokemon - effectively giving a lesser or no Retreat Cost on the retreating Pokemon. Recycle Energy does not go to the player's hand.

Steps to Reproduce: Have a Persian GX and/or Naganadel-GX (Unified Minds) in the active and use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" ability to attach two or one Recycle Energies, respectively. Retreat the Active Pokemon, using Recycle Energy to pay for the Retreat Cost. 

If it makes a difference, the energy was attached with Porygon-Z's Ability, "Crazy Code." First time reporting, hoping I did it well! 

Edited by Pk_Walden
Edited steps to reproduce for better clarification.

Pk_Walden

Edit: When just attaching Recycle Energy from the hand to the Active Pokemon, then retreating, it worked as intended. It seems Porygon-Z's Ability might cause the bug to occur.

Mod_Turtle

Hello @Pk_Walden,

If you happen to have a game log for this, please post it to this thread. I would like to see if there was anything else in play that could have caused this issue to happen. I tried to replicate this but the Recycle Energy was always returned to my hand.

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this