Nikodog77

PTCG Leaderboard - no points

Nikodog77

Greetings,

I am new to the forums and myself and my boys have been enjoying Pokémon for about 9 months now.  I don't have any points on the leaderboard while playing online and I have played a lot of versus matches in standard.  I am really looking forward to unified minds and learning the new rotation and experimenting with different decks with my two boys.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  OR is there a setting that needs to changed?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Yelf59

As far as I'm concerned, I also have a message "You haven't earned any Versus Points from Standard format matches in Versus Mode yet this week."

But, I can still find my name in the leaderboard.

• Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
51 minutes ago, Nikodog77 said:

Greetings,

I am new to the forums and myself and my boys have been enjoying Pokémon for about 9 months now.  I don't have any points on the leaderboard while playing online and I have played a lot of versus matches in standard.  I am really looking forward to unified minds and learning the new rotation and experimenting with different decks with my two boys.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  OR is there a setting that needs to changed?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello Nikodog77, 

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you get a bunch of tips from the fellow trainers. 

SandaledOtter
49 minutes ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hope you get a bunch of tips from the fellow trainers. 

First tip: ignore the web site's leaderboard. It doesn't work correctly, and if it did, it would be only a record of points gained, ignoring losses entirely and only roughly reflecting wins, as you can gain points in a loss.

• Upvote 2

SandaledOtter
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SandaledOtter said:

First tip: ignore the web site's leaderboard. It doesn't work correctly, and if it did, it would be only a record of points gained, ignoring losses entirely and only roughly reflecting wins, as you can gain points in a loss.

Someone is seriously just going through and downvoting real tips and advice without offering any reason? Grow up and post something better. Offer this person tips of your own if you don't like mine.

We've known for years that everything I said is true, and it helps new players to know that they shouldn't concern themselves with the broken AND useless leaderboards here. There is no visible rating system for this game, and the only indication that one exists at all in the occasional "advantage" graphic when you start a match.

Edited by SandaledOtter
  • Upvote 2

Nikodog77

Thank you for the information!  I appreciate it.  I look forward to trying out the new rotation in a couple of weeks and the new cards until then :)  Good Pokémon matches to all of you and thanks again.