These Pokemon are ridiculous

Poniker

Something just seems wrong with the Pokemon TCG when a basic pokemon can have over 100 hp and do 90 damage. Back in my day you had to work your way through two evolutions to get that kind of power. You kids today are spoiled. Spoiled I say! *old man fist shake*

Something just seems wrong with the Pokemon TCG when a basic pokemon can have over 100 hp and do 90 damage. Back in my day you had to work your way through two evolutions to get that kind of power. You kids today are spoiled. Spoiled I say! *old man fist shake*

Back in my day, you were lucky to have basics with 60 HP that could deal 30 damage at a time.

Your post made my day. I found the game more fun when you had to put some thought into putting your deck together. Now it's a race to get your basics out and powered up. Yea (with some sarcasm). Wait until the next release with basics with 180 hp!

more like over 120 hp and over 130 damage

that dreaded zubat with that outrage attack

they should really introduce trainer cards and abilities

to counter overpowered basics

for now, using them seems like the best plan, I agree

If you can't beat them, join them :)

But I don't want to join them. :(

Pokemon-EX came back too late in the next set. There's like 20 pokemon in the TCG online that should have been Pokemon-EX.

You do realize that even back when that was the case, high HP basics still ruled, right? Sure, Rain Dance was a deck, but Haymaker was basically the deck to beat. And even Rain Dance used Lapras Lv31 and Articuno Lv35 as its main attack force after Fossil came out.

That being said, I agree that the power creep is pretty incredible, though a part of me appriciates Legendary Pokémon worthy of the title.

Man, playing my GBC Pokemon TCG game, I noticed that, rarely, a Pokemon will only ever have 120 HP. Now we've got some (*coughWailordcough*) that actually have 200! As for the attacks, let's compare the old, overpowered Charizard with Reshiram. Not only was Charizard a Stage 2 that took quite a while to bring out, its 100 damage attack required you to discard 2 Energy, crippling it for a few turns, as that was its only move. Now let's look at Reshiram. Not only is it Basic, meaning you can bring it out at the very beginning of the battle, its 120 damage attack only needs three Energy, and though it still discards 2 Energy, it still has Outrage as a reliable attack to use while it recovers. >.>

EDIT: I can't add "-ly" to the word "fair"? WHAT!?

Archived