kodking

tag team cards, what is next for the TCG card game

offline_play

I agree, I think the coin flip makes it more balanced. Unless that was in there before and I just missed it, in that case my bad. Also, does it have the usual "Special Condition" clause?

It doesn't say. I think allowing you to take a prize for K-Oing a benched pokemon makes it a more attractive GX attack. As it is now, I think it's too expensive for too little gain. It could be used as a setup for some kind of mass bench attack. 50 damage spread won't do much, and even concentrated it only has 1-prize potential.

I keep getting distracted by IRL things, so clearly this is not a good night to be trying to be on a forum, Imma sign off for now..

Sadra
Posted (edited)

Actually a fossil tag team would be interesting since most fossil pokemon now sucks.

Evolves from unidentified fossil

Omastar and Kabutops GX             (Fighting) 280 HP

Ability: Prehistorical Power

As long as this pokemon is your active pokemon, all basic tag team pokemon in play (both yours and your opponents) cannot attack.

(F) Sickle Absorption  Remove the number of damage counters from this pokemon equal to the amount of damage done to the defending pokemon  50

(******** Rock Tomb  The defending pokemon cannot retreat during your opponents next turn  110

(********+  Ancient memory GX  If this pokemon has at least 2 additional fighting energy attached to it, choose two of your opponents evolution pokemon and shuffle all cards attached to them into your opponents deck.  200

Weakness (Grass)  Resistance (None)  Retreat cost (2) 

The rock tomb attack needs two fighting one colorless, the same for GX

Edited by Sadra
  • Upvote 1

kodking
1 hour ago, Sadra said:

Actually a fossil tag team would be interesting since most fossil pokemon now sucks.

Evolves from unidentified fossil

Omastar and Kabutops GX             (Fighting) 280 HP

Ability: Prehistorical Power

As long as this pokemon is your active pokemon, all basic tag team pokemon in play (both yours and your opponents) cannot attack.

(F) Sickle Absorption  Remove the number of damage counters from this pokemon equal to the amount of damage done to the defending pokemon  50

(******** Rock Tomb  The defending pokemon cannot retreat during your opponents next turn  110

(********+  Ancient memory GX  If this pokemon has at least 2 additional fighting energy attached to it, choose two of your opponents evolution pokemon and shuffle all cards attached to them into your opponents deck.  200

Weakness (Grass)  Resistance (None)  Retreat cost (2) 

The rock tomb attack needs two fighting one colorless, the same for GX

like the idea, can u try and edit it to be a bit more like ours, more formal and easier to read, love the idea of it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

offline_play
Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Sadra said:

Omastar and Kabutops GX...

I like it, although giving it attacks in light of it's Ability seems redundant. Maybe the power should only specify GX attacks? And then give him another normal attack instead of a GX, maybe. Although there are ways of temporarily canceling out Abilities.

EDIT-Oh wait, it's an evolution. Silly me.

And it was pretty easy to read. If text for attacks isn't all bunched up, format isn't a problem

Lemme bust out another one. Hmmmmm....

Wobbuffet & Chansey GX   [350 HP]   [C]

Ability: Damage Buffer

When your opponent attacks, for every 40 damage this card receives, draw a card. If it is a Supporter, you may place it back on top of your deck.

If you do, and you draw that card at the start of your turn, discard it, and use it's effect. Then draw a card.

This card is not affected by the Poison condition.

[ C C ] Counter    ?

Discard any number of cards from your hand. This attack does 100 damage times the number of cards discarded.

[ C C C C ] Full Counter GX  ?

This attack does 20 damage times the number of cards in your discard pile. You can only use one GX attack per game.

Weakness [F]    Resistance [D]  Retreat [3]

Like it?

Edited by offline_play
  • Upvote 2

Sadra
Posted (edited)

I have also come up with another one:

(Basic) Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi GX                   270 HP (Psychic)

Ability: Mythical ascent

Prevent all effects of trainer cards done to this pokemon.

(Psychic)(Psychic)  Psychic Enhancement: This attack does 50 more damage for each psychic energy attached to this pokemon 50+

(Grass)(Psychic)(Steel)+ Miraculous comeback GX: You can only use this attack if you have fewer prize cards remaining than your opponent. During your next turn, you may use up to 3 supporter cards. If you have an additional 3 psychic energy attached to this pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this pokemon.

Weakness: (Psychic)   Resistance:  (None)    Retreat cost: (One)

Quite a strong tag team that could be played with porygon Z/shining mew/Arceus prism. Should see some competitive play.

Edited by Sadra

R8Spike

or have 5 be able to be played with surge.

Sadra
10 minutes ago, R8Spike said:

or have 5 be able to be played with surge.

That is going to be too overpowered. The ability is already quite too strong with a decent attack, which is not that common on a tag team. Three supporters without a Lt surge is very very strong, as its a potential, Guzma, draw, and a heal (acerola). Also note that this card is really versatile that could be useful in quite a few archetypes.

kodking

honestly @Sadra we figured if a card would be a trio the pokemon would have to make sense, like a legendary trio, of evo trio, i like the idea, maybe have a affect where u cant play LT surge when this pokemon is in play. 

kodking
Posted (edited)

here is a another partner card

gladion and silvaly  base HP: 250  [C]

[Ability] beast hunter: if this pokemon is in play place 3 damage counters on each ultra beast pokemon (including GX) at the start of your turn

[C] [C] [C] [C]

rage slash 160: discard an energy attached to your opponents acctive poekmon (if their active pokemon is an ultra beast discard all energy attached to that pokemon)

[C] [C] [C] [C] 

beast bash 100+: this attack does 50 more damage for each ultra beast in play

[C] [C] [C] [C] [C]

[GX] beast hunt 200: put 10 damage counter on each of your opponents ultra beasts, this pokemon is is now confused

i know ultra beasts are not common, but thye can be a pain to take out, this card would allow for some seriouse fire power, but it relies heavily on ultra beasts to be in play, which lvls it out, @Mod_Turtle, @offline_play, @866gamer668, @Sadra, @R8Spike, tell me what u guys think of this cool card.

Edited by kodking

kodking
Posted (edited)

i have made a gladion, now i think i do a lillie

Lillie and snowy  base hp: 190  [W]

[Ability] healing powder: when ever you attach a [W] energy to this pokemon heal 50 damage and remove all special conditions from your pokemon

[W] [W] [C]

research: search your deck for 4 cards, flip a coin, if heads place them into your hand if tails shuffle them back into your deck, shuffle your deck after

[W] [W] [W] [C]

powder snow 140: flip a coin if heads your opponents active pokemon is asleep, if tails this pokemon is now asleep

[W] [W] [W] [C]+

[GX] powder blizzard 180: for every 3 [W] energy attached to this card, do 100 damage to one of your opponents pokemon, this pokemon is now asleep

weakness: [STEEL]   resistance: [DRAG]  retreat cost: [C] [C] [C]

this partner card specializes more in healling and card set up, it also relies heavily on coin flipping for its two normal attacks, also @offline_play, could u post a link on that forum norm thread there, i think if u post it there people might take it seriously, then we can have more ideas and more people seeing our ideas, i am going to work on a lusamine card next, then most likely a brock card, considering brock is in the spot light recently

Edited by kodking

kodking
Posted (edited)

here is brocks partner card.

brock and steelix  base HP: 320  [R]

[Ability] heart of stone: all pokemon with [R] energy attached to them take 50 less damage

[R] [R] [R] [R] [R] [C]

rock storm 210: discard 3 [R] energy attached to this pokemon

[R] [R] [R] [R] [R] [R] [R] [C]

[GX ] last ditch effort 200: if this pokemon has taken more than 200 damage, then take 2 extra prize cards

Edited by kodking

offline_play
Posted (edited)

I think if there were a link to here from the Norm, it'd have to be at the beginning of the thread, where SK bellmore lists the different sections of the Norm. And the activity there isn't really that good, I think it's really in the wrong section of the site for visibility.

Honestly, with WingsofFire having basically withdrawn, I've been thinking about going back to a thread of my own as well.

And looking at the cards above, I agree that the three supporter effect is too strong.

Brock n' Steelix: Isn't [R] the code for Fire? Also that's a huge energy requirement for that GX attack. I think I see what you're trying to do with the GX attack, I'd probably word it as:

[R 7] [C] Last Ditch Effort GX  200

If this card has 200 or more damage on it, and your opponents active pokemon is knocked out by this attack, take two more prizes.

This pokemon does 200 damage to itself. If this card is knocked out by it's own GX attack, your opponent only takes one prize card.

You may only use one GX attack per game.

I really think you're piling too many effects/attacks on your cards. an ability and three attacks are going to have really small text. I think the way to go is either an ability and two attacks, or three attacks.

Edited by offline_play

kodking
Posted (edited)

ok here is the codes for the different types ok

[C]= ******************

[F]= fire

[W]= water

[R]= rock

= steel

[PSY]= psychic

[DRAG]= dragon

[D]= dark