kodking

tag team cards, what is next for the TCG card game

kodking

hey @Mod_Turtle thx for suggesting @ZayZekrom to check us out. so @ZayZekrom u like golispod, i made a golispod and araquanid. 

Golispod and Araquanid  GX  base HP: 270  [W]

[W] [W] [C]

captivating bubble 120: flip a coin, if heads then your opponents active pokemon cant retreat next turn

[W] [W] [C] [C]

hazardous infestation 100: this attack does 30 damage to each of your opponents benched pokemon

[W] [W] [W] [W] [C]

[GX] totem web 170: your opponents pokemon cant retreat for the rest of the game (this effect also affects trainer cards played by them)

weakness: [F]      resistance [W]     retreat cost: [C] [C] [C]

this card is more based on its supportive side than attacking side. i hope u like it, also @Mod_Turtle i would love to know what u though of the lunala and hoopa card i made up above, @offline_play we should start making a few dual type pokemon cards. i also have a few more trainer and pokemon ideas, we should give them a real name, like sync pair cards or partner cards. let me know what u think would be good

kodking

here is a cool dual type card

Rapidash and zebstika GX base HP: 260  [*****

[ability] Evasion: flip a coin, if heads prevent all damage done to this pokemon, if tails this does nothing

[F] [F] [E] [E]

thundering flames 140

[F] [F] [E] [E] [C]

trail blazer 120: flip a coin if heads your opponents active pokemon is burned, if tails they are paralyzed

[GX] racing herding 170+: this attack does 60 more damage for each rapidash and zebstika on your bench

Mod_Turtle
On 7/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, kodking said:

next is lunala and hoopa

lunala and hoopa GX base HP: 290  [D]

(ABILITY) shadow hole: if this pokemon is knocked out then your opponents active pokemon is now in the lost zone

[D] [D] [D] [C] [C]

ultra hoop 150: for every dark energy attached to this pokemon put 2 damage counters on each of your opponents benched pokemon that is not a dark type (dont apply weakness or resistance to that pokemon)

[D] [D] [D] [D]

Phantom rings 50:  your opponent reveals their hand, this attack does 50 more damage for each trainer card in their hand, discard pile and lost zone

[D] [D] [D] [C]

[GX]: never ending night loop 200: choose a move on this pokemon, this pokemon can only use that move form now on, you may also choose a move on your opponents active pokemon, their active pokemon can also only use that pokemon until they are knocked out

weakness: [R]  resistance: [PHY]     retreat cost: [D] [D] [D] [D] [D]

Hey @kodking!

This seems awesome! The abilitly might be a bit too strong but I like it :D

Ultra Hoop attack seems like a great way to spread around damage and get huge HP Pokémon to knockout range.

Phantom Rings attack is one of my favorites because I've been looking for creative decks that utilize the Lost Zone.

The GX attack seems really useful too and should get you out of a few tough situations when needed.

Thanks for sharing and let me know if you have anymore ideas!

kodking
Posted (edited)

here is another GX card

kiawe and turtonator  base HP:  250   [F]

[Ability] Wela worshipers: (once during your turn before you attack) search your deck or discard pile for 10 [F] energy and attach them to your pokemon in anyway you like

[**************

Kiawe's courage: during your next turn your active pokemons attacks do 50 more damage

[F] [F] [F] [******

Wela flame 150:  your opponent discards an energy attached to each of their pokemon and puts it in the lost zone

[GX] burning spirit 210: all of your opponents pokemon are burned

@offline_play, @ZayZekrom, @866gamer668. i would love to see more ideas as it was very quiet on the weekend. also @Mod_Turtle if u have any ideas for dual type, partner GX or just regular tag team cards we would over to hear them.

Edited by kodking

offline_play

Yeah I just wanted to unwind over the weekend. End-of-month doings at work are exhausting, to say the least.

Lemme se if I can come up with something-

*goes elsewhere for a while*

kodking
Posted (edited)

@offline_play, @ZayZekrom, @866gamer668 and @Mod_Turtle here is another card, i will try and post more through out the day.

Arbok and serviper GX  base HP: 180    [PHY]

[Ability] hazardous poison: if your opponents active pokemon is poisoned flip a coin, if heads they are also asleep, if tails they are paralyzed

[PHY] [C] [C]

double fang 100: choose two of your opponents  benched pokemon put 4 damage counters on those pokemon, your opponents active pokemon is now poisoned, place 4 damage counters instead of 1 on that pokemon

[PHY] [PHY] [C] [C]

swallow whole 100: restore health to th pokemon the same amount of damage you done this turn

[PHY] [C] [C] [C] 

[GX] permanent poison trap 130: when ever your opponent enters a new pokemon into play, they are poisoned (poison can not be removed by items or abilities) apon entering place 4 damage counters on that pokemon at the end of your opponents turn, after that place 2 damage counters instead of 1 one that pokemon

weakness: [PHY]   resistance: [D]     retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

this card specializes more on poisoning than doin raw damage, i have always disliked how your opponent  will retreat their pokemon to remove poison so its first attack sort of prevents that.

i changed it a bit, i like its trap as it will prevent players from using tactics that rely on swapping and retreating, the swallow whole is to help it heal in battle, since alolan muk and muk gx is one of my fav cards to use in battle i decided to sort of give this one some of that feel. i think the GX attack is cool and different, i love the criticism u gave me.

Edited by kodking

kodking

i am on a roll today, guys here is another one, remember to check in regularly so i know u guys like them, also upvote or like them if u do, i would love some advice or feed back on some of the cards, i can always go back and edit them.

tyrantrum and aurorus GX base HP: 240  [R]

[ability] fossil restoration: when you play this pokemon as your active pokemon search your deck for any fossils or fossil pokemon and place them on your bench

[R] [R] [C] [C]

intimidating roar 100: switch your opponents active pokemon with one of their benched pokemon

[R] [R] [C]

fossil beam 130

[R] [R] [C] [C]

[GX] fossil power 150: for each fossil  or fossil pokemon on both your and your opponents bench this attack does 50 more damage

weakness: [G]     resistance: [PHY]       resistance: [C] [C] [C]

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Here's my contribution-

Exploud & Chatot GX  180 HP   [C]
[TAG TEAM]

[C] Drown Out  80
After using this attack, while this card is your Active Pokemon,
negate all Abilities, and your opponent cannot use a GX attack.
This effect stops working if this Pokemon is moved to the Bench.

[C][C][C][C] Pure Sound   140
Flip 2 coins. If one is heads, all energy attached to your opponents
Active Pokemon is treated as [C] energy, until it is discarded.
If both are heads, All energy in play is treated as [C] Energy.

[C]+    Shattering Cry GX  40x
You do not have to remove your GX Token from the game.
This attack does 50 damage times the number of energy cards attached to it.
If any of your opponents Pokemon is the same type as any Energy attached to this card,
those Pokemon also take damage from this attack. (Do not apply <W>, <R> to benched Pokemon.)
After using this attack, if there are four energy attached to this card, remove your GX Token from the game.

[Weakness] None  [Resistance][M]  [Retreat][C][C][C]

I used the GX Token as the trigger for the GX attack. I meant it to show that the GX attack could be used multiple times, but that it does have the once per game trigger as well.

Hope you like my idea.

@kodking-I just can't resist, sorry. If you like your card as-is, just ignore me.

Spoiler

Instead of the double poison, I'd have the ability say, If the opponents pokemon is moved to the bench, the new active pokemon gains any special conditions that were on it. That replaces the need to stop the opponent from retreating, and then I'd structure the rest of the card around that. change the per turn damage to 40, maybe as high as 60, but that might be pushing it?

I'd change Double Fang to 80 damage, flip coin to damage benched 'mon for 80. Then give it a guaranteed poison to the active.

I don't know why, but Swallow Whole feels out of place to me. I don't think it should be dropped, maybe lower the damage...? Whatever.

With the new ability and double fang, the GX attack as worded isn't needed so much. I don't know right now what would fit the theme of the card, but it would of course be poison themed.

In general, I'd stay away from putting Special Conditions on Benched Pokemon, I think it messes with the base rules a bit too much.

Edited by offline_play

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Another one. I felt like doing something kinda ninja themed.

Gliscor & Ninjask GX  200   [F]/[G]
[TAG TEAM]
Ability : Secret Skills
This card can have multiple Pokemon Tools attached to it.
Pokemon tools attached to this card are changed to say:
"If this Pokemon's attacks do damage, do 40 more damage."
Negate this Ability if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][F] Silent Wing   100
You can have this attack do no damage. If you do, this card is unaffected by all effects,
including damage, done during your opponents next turn. 

[G][G] Slicing Wing  100+
If you used Silent wing on your previous turn and did damage, this attack does 100 more damage.

[F][F][G][G] Flash Return GX
Both players choose one of their opponents Pokemon. Discard all Pokemon, and all cards attached to those Pokemon,
except the chosen Pokémon.

[Weakness] [P]x2 <Just because>  [Resistance] [F]-30 <Typical flying mon resistance.>  [Retreat] 0

Edited by offline_play

kodking

@offline_play, @ZayZekrom, @866gamer668and @Mod_Turtle, plz also follow this thread so u guys are informed of when i post and others post more often, also offline try using my format for the cards, u dont have to but try and make it bold and a bit neater. i will continue on working on cards, i am watching pokemon while making these.

offline_play

I think replying to a thread automatically adds it to your "following" list.

Yeah, I forgot to bold it. I was in a minor hurry. Fixed a couple other things too.

kodking

the way to know u r following it is if when u go to post the little toggle down the bottom that says "notify me of replies" is switched to green, then when ever someone posts on the thread u are notified, could u guys make sure u r following the thread so i know u guys have read them.

also here is another card post

kodking

here is a trio card, lycanroc

lycanroc trio GX  base HP: 290 [R]

[Ability] pack attack: this pokemon can use the attack of any lycanroc on both yours and your opponents bench (so long as you have the required energies

[R] [C] [C]

triple accelerock 110: for each [R] energy attached to this pokemon this attack does 30 more damage

[R] [R] [C] [C]

tri-stone edge 150:

[R] [R] [C] [C]

[GX] rock storm 170: place 8 damage counters on each of your opponents pokemon with an attack with a [C] energy in the cost

weakness: [G]     resistance: 

i also had an idea for a pikachu GX but i will work on it later and post it either tomorrow or today depending on what i get done

• Upvote 1

LegendofZapdos5
On 7/24/2019 at 6:09 PM, kodking said:

@Mod_Turtle for the triple team ones they would be like the molt-zap-arti card. i liked the idea of a triple lycanroc as i think they are the best alolan pokemon. i have some more ideas but they are not the same types. i figured it would be cool to have pokemon of different types team up to cover eachothers weaknesses. thye would still of course weaknesses but it would allow for some cool moves.

Now your talking! ^______^ I second this idea! 

• Like 1

kodking
8 hours ago, LegendofZapdos5 said:

Now your talking! ^______^ I second this idea! 

well thank you, i have had trouble thinking of pokemon of different types to put together so they look like a good team, i have been using pokedex data and other data to make the cards, also if u like the idea of the lycanroc card i posted it earlier with all its attacks, i had trouble with the gx attack, i want to do its special z move but that was taken so i though maybe its z move attack trio or something like that might be cool, i will be posting a pikachu GX and a few more GX cards later on today, i am working on one right now.

• Upvote 1

kodking
Posted (edited)

ok guys here i my pikachu GX

pikachu GX  base HP: 180   [E]

[E] [E] [E] [E]

thunderbolt 120: flip a coin, if heads your opponents pokemon is paralyzed

[E] [E] [E]

electro web 70: flip a coin, if heads your opponents active pokemon is paralyzed, if tails they cant retrear during their next turn

[E] [C] [C]

iron tail 100: this pokemon takes 40 less damage during your opponents next turn

[E] [E] [E] [E] [C]

[GX] catastropika 200: the damage from this attack is not affected by any of your opponents pokemon conditions (including trainers, abilities and resistance)

weakness: [R]    resistance:   retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

i know its op for a pikachu but honestly i think pikachu is a failry op pokemon for its size, if u guys got any ideas or suggestions i would love to hear them

Edited by kodking
  • Upvote 1

kodking
Posted (edited)

hear is a nice little grass type tag team i though of

mega sceptile and tapu bulu   base HP: 260  [G]

[abilty] regenerating horns: heal to this pokemon half of the damage you done this turn by this pokemon

[G] [G] [C]

duo leaf storm 120: this attack does 30 damage to each of your opponents pokemon

[G] [G] [G] [C]

nature impact 150: this pokemon cant use nature impact on its next turn

[G] [G] [G] [G] [G] [C]

[GX] leaf tornado 200: for every 3 [G] energy attached to both your and your opponents pokemon, do 120 damage to one of your opponents benched pokemon (dont apply resistance to benched pokemon) discard all energy attached to this pokemon (you cant take prize cards for knocked out benched pokemon

weakness: [F]     resistance: [W]    retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C] [C]

this card focused more on raw damage while capable of healing itself, i like those one as there is only only two actual grass tag team cards and i think their should be more, i and working on some more now aswell

Edited by kodking
  • Upvote 1

kodking
Posted (edited)

here is another fire type tag team card

torracat and pryroar base HP: 270 [F]

[F] [F] [F] [C]

duo flame blast 110: your opponents active pokemon is now burned

[F] [**************

intense incineration 150: discard any items attached to your opponents active pokemon, this pokemon cant use intense incineration during your next turn

[F] [F] [F] [F] 

[GX] intimidating roar 160: (you may only use this attack if you have more prize cards than your opponent) shuffle as many cards on your opponents bench into their hand until they have on pokemon left on their bench, this attack does 50 more damage for each card shuffled back in this way 

weakness: [W]  resistance: [G]    retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

Edited by kodking

kodking
Posted (edited)

i have the perfect dual type tag team card, and it adds a Galar region pokemon, i love the idea of this one

drednaw and turtonator  base HP: 320 [F][W]

[Ability] shell trap: when your opponents pokemon attacks damage this pokemon flip a coin, if heads they take half of the damage dealt to this pokemon, if tails then this ability does nothing

[W] [**********

shell bash 100: this pokemon takes 50 less damage from attacks next turn

[******************

continuous crunch 100+: this attack does 40 more damage for each basic energy attached to this pokemon

[F] [F] [F] [W] [W] [W]

dynamaxed shell blast 140: place 50 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like, this pokemon cant attack for the next 3 turns, discard all energy attached to this pokemon (you cant take prize cards from benched pokemon

weakness: [Fairy]    resistance: [G]        retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

i like the look of this one as it is two opposite pokemon that look alike, anyway its supposed to be a card that can take out those

@Mod_Turtle, @offline_play, @LegendofZapdos5, @ZayZekrom and @866gamer668 tell me what yas think of the recent creation si have posted

Edited by kodking
  • Upvote 1

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Honestly, they are all really OP. Nearly all of them have high-range HP, nearly all have an attack capable of doing 200+ damage, and some of them can easily break 300 damage. Several of them feature multi-target attacks that are basically board wipes, and the effects are pretty devastating. Yes, these are hallmarks of most TAGTEAM cards, but if you look at the cards and consider them being in use, I could see them having the same effect on the game as ReshiZard, or PikaRom-Everybody sees them as the be-all, end-all.(look, I made an assumption!)

For example, Torracat&Pyroar. The GX attack guarantees that the opponents bench is wiped clear. This could be a game winner by itself. But the damage it's capable of as well? On a full bench, this attack will win every single game you pull it off in. And there are ways of forcing pokemon onto the opponents bench. This attack would be better of with either no damage at all, or JUST the damage amping effect. Not both. You could nerf it by requiring a flip two, if both are heads for the effect to succeed, or reducing the damage added by the # of benched 'mon.

I'd probably drop the HP a bit, and the retreat cost as well.

Drednaw&Turtonator are also pretty OP. Shell Trap and Shell Bash together with some healing will keep the card going for many, many turns. Between reducing the damage taken, the huge HP, and recoil on every opponents attack, you'll have won long before the card is in trouble. Some Special Condition strategies could take it down, but most of the time it'll win the game by attrition.

The current major threats in the game pale in comparison to these titans you're coming up with. :) 

Come at me, censorbot. I'm not scared of you.

EDIT-Chicken.

Edited by offline_play

kodking

ok thx for your advice @offline_play i forgot to add in that u cant take prize cards from the benched pokemon for turtonator

kodking

i apoligise if they are op, i am the type that likes to hit hard and not let my opponent hit me hard back, either that or tank attacks to then dish out high damage, i will work on making more cards that are more unique, most of my decks specialize it hard hitters or tanking damage to then swap and dish out good attacks.

• Upvote 1

offline_play

Oh no, don't apologize. I just tend to think in terms of making the game more interesting, rather than just dishing out gobs of damage. Power creep is real, and it can suck all the fun out. Yeah the strongest cards are the most fun to get out, but eventually the game BECOMES the strongest cards, and nothing else matters. I think it's a shame.

But I digress. Don't apologize because you didn't make the card I would have. I should apologize for nitpicking.

LegendofZapdos5
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, kodking said:

i have the perfect dual type tag team card, and it adds a Galar region pokemon, i love the idea of this one

drednaw and turtonator  base HP: 320 [F][W]

[Ability] shell trap: when your opponents pokemon attacks damage this pokemon flip a coin, if heads they take half of the damage dealt to this pokemon, if tails then this ability does nothing

[W] [**********

shell bash 100: this pokemon takes 50 less damage from attacks next turn

[******************

continuous crunch 100+: this attack does 40 more damage for each basic energy attached to this pokemon

[F] [F] [F] [W] [W] [W]

dynamaxed shell blast 140: place 50 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like, this pokemon cant attack for the next 3 turns, discard all energy attached to this pokemon (you cant take prize cards from benched pokemon

weakness: [Fairy]    resistance: [G]        retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

i like the look of this one as it is two opposite pokemon that look alike, anyway its supposed to be a card that can take out those

@Mod_Turtle, @offline_play, @LegendofZapdos5, @ZayZekrom and @866gamer668 tell me what yas think of the recent creation si have posted

Personally I think it does ok! The ability takes a coin flip (Id rather see it with no coin flip but....)

It's base attack CC-I could use wielder and slap a water energy to it and go to town on my opponents (Assuming that's the energy cost)

The special attack confuses me-in the last part (You can't take prize cards from benched pokemon-do you mean if I switch it out-to a bench pokemon-that i cannot win prize cards after I ko with the new pokemon I bring into play? if so that has to be changed. 

Edited by LegendofZapdos5

kodking
4 hours ago, LegendofZapdos5 said:

Personally I think it does ok! The ability takes a coin flip (Id rather see it with no coin flip but....)

It's base attack CC-I could use wielder and slap a water energy to it and go to town on my opponents (Assuming that's the energy cost)

The special attack confuses me-in the last part (You can't take prize cards from benched pokemon-do you mean if I switch it out-to a bench pokemon-that i cannot win prize cards after I ko with the new pokemon I bring into play? if so that has to be changed. 

ah srry, what i mean is ********** out your opponents benched pokemon u cant take prize cards for defeating them

• Upvote 1