tag team cards, what is next for the TCG card game

i love the new tag team GX cards, having already pre-ordered booster boxes from EB games i plan on seriously expanding my decks in RL. but it makes me think, with sword and sheild coming out what will come next, i am thinking something like armored Pokemon cards, like the new movie with armored mew two in it. also i would love to know what types of tag team cards u want to see hit centre stage. here are a few i like the idea of.

1. rayquaza and kommo-o

2. pidgeoto and toucannnon

3. mega gyarados and milotic

4. incineroar and turtonator

5. primarina and vaporeon

6. leafeon and lurantis

7.  araquanid and golispod

8. vikavolt and galvantula

9. escavalier and genesect

10. staraptor and unfezant

11. aerodactly and archeops

12. tornadus landorus and thundurus

13, enti suicune and raikou

14. tapu koko and zeraora

15.  tyrantrum and aurorus

16. guzzlord and hydreigon

17. goodra and haxorus

18. laycanroc miday, midnight and dusk form

19.  blastoise and lapras

20. tapu fini and alomomola

21. nidoking and nidoqueen

22. arbok and serviper

23.  bee drill and naganadel

24. decidueye and trevenant

25.  hoopa and lunala

26. golurk and groudon

27.  mega sceptile and tapu bulu

28. tapu lele and cosmog

29. solaleo and aggron

these are not in any order, i done my best, these seem like great ones for the pokemon TCG team to make. if u can come up with ideas for these cards or even your own cards that would be cool

Edited by kodking
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kodking

• offline_play

• AfterSunRise51

• LegendofZapdos5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love the new tag team GX cards, having already pre-ordered booster boxes from EB games i plan on seriously expanding my decks in RL. but it makes me think, with sword and sheild coming out what will

like the idea, can u try and edit it to be a bit more like ours, more formal and easier to read, love the idea of it

I like it, although giving it attacks in light of it's Ability seems redundant. Maybe the power should only specify GX attacks? And then give him another normal attack instead of a GX, maybe. Although

Mod_Turtle

Hey @kodking,

These are some interesting combinations for Tag Team ideas. Hoopa and Lunala would be awesome. I also like the idea of more than 2 Pokémon but it makes you wonder, would that mean more prizes drawn if it's knocked out? It would have to be really powerful if so!

Keep me posted if you have any more ideas!

@Mod_Turtle for the triple team ones they would be like the molt-zap-arti card. i liked the idea of a triple lycanroc as i think they are the best alolan pokemon. i have some more ideas but they are not the same types. i figured it would be cool to have pokemon of different types team up to cover eachothers weaknesses. thye would still of course weaknesses but it would allow for some cool moves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i alos had an idea for a reshiram and zekrom GX tag team but i though it would not fit well as both pokemno have already appeared on tag team cards, however i have been told that there is a card that is exactly that. i will try to post some more idea later today.

1 minute ago, 866gamer668 said:

a Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee&Hitmontop card would be cool

i agree, i want to point out the trio would have to make sense, no point putting random pokemon together as a trio.

@866gamer668 plz if u like this thread to follow it and keep posting ideas, cool attacks for the cards would also be cool aswell, anyway here if a few attacks for some of the cards

nidoking and nidoqueen GX   base HP:300  [PHY]

(Ability) royale sacrifice: you may put a damage count on this pokemon for each basic pokemon in your discard pile. if u do choose one of them to place into your hand (you can only use this ability once per turn and if your opponent has taken a prize card)

[PHY] [PHY] [PHY] [PHY] [PHY]

family punch 100: this attack does 50 more damage for each nidoran, nidorino, nidorina, nidoqueen and nidoking in your hand, bench and discard pile

royalty evolution

[PHY] [PHY] [PHY] [PHY]

earthquake 100

[PHY] [PHY] [PHY] [PHY] [C] [C]

[GX] royal evolution 70: for each damage counter on this pokemon search your deck or discard pile for an evolution pokemon and either evolve it or place it into your hand (if u evolved a pokemon using this move they can not evolve next turn)

weakness: [PHY]               resistance: [R]            retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

hope u like them

Edited by kodking

next is lunala and hoopa

lunala and hoopa GX base HP: 290  [D]

(ABILITY) shadow hole: if this pokemon is knocked out then your opponents active pokemon is now in the lost zone

[D] [D] [D] [C] [C]

ultra hoop 150: for every dark energy attached to this pokemon put 2 damage counters on each of your opponents benched pokemon that is not a dark type (dont apply weakness or resistance to that pokemon)

[D] [D] [D] [D]

Phantom rings 50:  your opponent reveals their hand, this attack does 50 more damage for each trainer card in their hand, discard pile and lost zone

[D] [D] [D] [C]

[GX]: never ending night loop 200: choose a move on this pokemon, this pokemon can only use that move form now on, you may also choose a move on your opponents active pokemon, their active pokemon can also only use that pokemon until they are knocked out

weakness: [R]  resistance: [PHY]     retreat cost: [D] [D] [D] [D] [D]

Edited by kodking

this is one of my personal favs

mega gyarados and milotic GX base HP: 280  [W]

[W] [W] [W] [W]

hyduo pump 180: this pokemon cant attack next turn

[W] [W] [W]

rapid fire water gun: place 3 damage counters on your opponents active pokemon for each water energy attached to this pokemon

[W] [W] [W] [W]

GX ATTACK: beauteous rage 200: for every 3 water energy attached to this pokemon, choose one of your opponents benched pokemon and place 10 damage counters on that pokemon

weakness: [G]             resistance: [F]             retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C] [C]

@Mod_Turtle plz tell me what u think of these ideas, and if u have any other suggestions

Edited by kodking
offline_play

I like the idea of the Mega-Gyarados&Milotic GX you had in your first post. Big and ugly paired with small and...well, not ugly, but you can't really call Milotic cute, can you?

How about a Dual-Type GX? I'll throw out a Kingler&Pinsir GX

Kingler&Pinsir GX    230 HP  [W][G]

[TAG TEAM]

Ability : Super Grip : Your opponents Active Pokémon may not Retreat or be moved to the bench by effects during their turn. This ability blah blah no effect blah special condition.

[W][G][C]

Big Pinch    60+

Flip two coins-if a least one is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If both are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and this attack does an additional 50 damage.

[W][W][G][G]+

Infinite Crush GX     180

Discard one of your opponents Benched Pokémon, and all cards attached to it. Or, If there is at least 1 additional [W] and 1 additional [G] attached to this Pokémon besides it's attack cost, choose one of your opponents Benched Pokémon and place damage counters on it until it is Knocked Out. [insert GX once per game text]

No Weakness, in a  [W]/[G] typing each would cover the others weakness.     [Resistance]Nothing really stands out, so no. [Retreat] [C][C][C]

Edited by offline_play

that was what i was thinkin, something like a fire and water tag team idea, types that can cover eachothers weaknesses, or opposite attract. i love that idea for the card @offline_play

3 minutes ago, offline_play said:

I like the idea of the Mega-Gyarados&Milotic GX you had in your first post. Big and ugly paired with small and...well, not ugly, but you can't really call Milotic cute, can you?

How about a Dual-Type GX? I'll throw out a Kingler&Pinsir GX

Kingler&Pinsir GX    230 HP  [W][G]

[TAG TEAM]

Ability : Super Grip : Your opponents Active Pokémon may not Retreat or be moved to the bench by effects during their turn. This ability blah blah no effect blah special condition.

[W][G][C]

Big Pinch    60+

Flip two coins-if a least one is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If both are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and this attack does an additional 50 damage.

[W][W][G][G]+

Infinite Crush GX     180

Discard one of your opponents Benched Pokémon, and all cards attached to it. Or, If there is at least 1 additional [W] and 1 additional [G] attached to this Pokémon besides it's attack cost, choose one of your opponents Benched Pokémon and place damage counters on it until it is Knocked Out. [insert GX once per game text]

it is powerful but not in an op way, plz post some more ideas. also did u get my message i sent u

Edited by kodking
offline_play

Oh I'm super creative when it comes to making stuff. How's this one?

Misty & Starmie GX    180 HP  [W]

[TAG TEAM]

Ability : Cerulean Gym Leader : Your [W] pokemon have no Retreat cost. If you draw a [W] energy at the start of your turn, draw another card. Only once per turn.

These effects are still active if Misty&Starmie GX is affected by a Special Condition.

[W][W][W]

Hydro Star

Place damage counters on any of your opponents Pokémon in any combination, until you have done 120 total damage in this way.

If there is any SPLASH ENERGY attached to Misty&Starmie GX, this attack does 80 damage to the Defending Pokémon.

[W][W][W][W] Big Wet GX   120

All of your opponent's Pokémon (even Pokémon placed into play after this attack is used), now have [W]+30 Weakness in addition to any weaknesses they already have.

[insert GX once per game]

[Weakness] [G]/[L]+30   [Resistance]  [P] (I dunno, why not?)  [Retreat] [C][C]

I know it breaks from the usual GX theme of two POKEMON, but it'd be something neat to see. A TAG TEAM set featuring Gym Leaders and their aces.

Edited by offline_play

another fav of mines

solgaleo and mega aggron base HP: 330     

[Ability] iron hide: this pokemon is immune to poison, confusion and sleep

[C]

Army of steel 150+: this attack does 50 more damage for each pokemon on your bench

[C]

[GX] Steel conversion 100+: for each extra energy attached to this pokemon choose a benched pokemon, that pokemon is now a pokemon, this attack does 30 extra damage for each pokemon converted in this way

weakness: [E]    resistance: [PHY]   retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]

it's resistance is against poison and phycic types

Edited by kodking
2 minutes ago, offline_play said:

Oh I'm super creative when it comes to making stuff. How's this one?

Misty & Starmie GX    180 HP  [W]

[TAG TEAM]

Ability : Cerulean Gym Leader : Your [W] pokemon have no Retreat cost. If you draw a [W] energy at the start of your turn, draw another card. Only once per turn.

These effects are still active if Misty&Starmie GX is affected by a Special Condition.

[W][W][W]

Hydro Star

Place damage counters on any of your opponents Pokémon in any combination, until you have done 120 total damage in this way.

If there is any SPLASH ENERGY attached to Misty&Starmie GX, this attack does 80 damage to the Defending Pokémon.

[W][W][W][W] Big Wet GX   120

All of your opponent's Pokémon (even Pokémon placed into play after this attack is used), now have [W]+30 Weakness in addition to any weaknesses they already have.

[insert GX once per game]

I know it breaks from the usual GX theme of two POKEMON, but it'd be something neat to see. A TAG TEAM set featuring Gym Leaders and their aces.

love it it could suit to the new poekmon masters game coming out, also again can i post the link to this thread on your thread, i think a lot of people there would love to see this. keep the comin, i am gonna edit my other posts to make them seem more like yours in terms of energy and all that, so they seem easier to read

offline_play

It helps when doing something like this to stick to an accepted format. In this case, how a card is read. You want it to seem like an actual card. This, of course, means you have to put a little more thought into the card in terms of energy costs, HP, abilities, weak...ness........resis...tance. Re...Retreat cost. Oops. I'm gonna have to edit my posts myself.

[FIXED:Previous posts now have Wk/Rs/Rt]

I really like brainstorming stuff like this. As to posting a link in ForumNorm, go ahead. This is exactly the kind of thing that SKB had in mind for it. When he comes back from his hiatus, perhaps you should talk to him about it being a regular thing, within the Norm. He should be back in, like two...ooo...? Weeks? Something like that.

Edited by offline_play
  • Like 1

here one that relates to @offline_play trainer and pokemon duo cards, 

Ash and pikachu base HP: 250  [E]

[E] [E] [E] [E]

friendship thunderbolt 130: flip a coin, if heads your opponents active pokemon is now paralyzed

[E] [C]

Ash's determination: (this attack can only be used if) search your deck for a pokemon energy and trainer card. put them in your hand, shuffle your deck afterward

[E] [E] [E] [E]

GX ATTACK: 10 million volt thunder bolt 200:      CHOOSE 1 OF THESE 2

.for each damage counter on this pokemon put 2 damage counters on each of your opponents benched pokemon 

. if your opponents active pokemon is knocked out heal all damage from this pokemon

so i made it like this as we learn very early on that ash's pikachu is no ordinary pikachu, he is stronger and tougher than other pikachu. also 10 million volt thunderbolt only seems to appear when pikachu and ash are in a very big pickle

. battling the jelly fish ultra beast

. battling team rocket mimikyu using a powerful z-move

i also think he used the z-move when versing necrozma

i wanted to add something new by adding too options to the move, a more supportive side, or a hard hitter side

Edited by kodking
offline_play
1 hour ago, kodking said:

Ash and pikachu base HP: 300  [E]

I like the theme, but for a Pikachu/Ash duo it seems too strong. Even being that it represents the protagonist of most of the series.

KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING IS MY OWN THOUGHT PROCESSES, I'M NOT SAYING"MAKE IT THIS WAY OR ELSE"

HP:   Only one of the TAGTEAM is actually a Pokémon so It's going to have less HP than a mainline GX (ReshiZard, PikaRom) I figured that for the theme, 150-200 would be the target HP range, and even that might be too high by a smidgen. Also, Pikachu in general have lower HP.

Attacks: Friendship Bolt  -  A guaranteed Parz condition seems too good, especially with that damage level. The theme for the Trainer/Pokémon TAG is the gimmick, not the pure damage, in my mind, anyway.

Ash's Determination  -  This is good. Drop the cost to [L], you have a solid, powerful gimmick. There are ways to swap this into your prizes, and the text you have doesn't specify "as a face down prize card"

GX Attack: Just as an aesthetic, I'd keep the Z-Move name out of it. Maybe call it Plasma Bolt. Plasma is the next level up from electricity ( I think). But, maybe it's been done before, I dunno. I'd drop the damage down to, eh, 150 give or take. 40 damage to all foe mon's, times A/P's collected damage? Very, Very scary. With that alone, you'd have a hundred decks running this. Lighting everywhere. 100 % Healing? And having more prize cards? You'd win by default, nobody in their right mind would attack this monster, unless they could get rid of it with one blow, effect or otherwise.

Bottom card stats-WHy DoeS It have a WeAkneSs tO FiRe??  Is the foe attacking Ash directly? I think you meant [F]. Otherwise, good choices High retreat because Ash always relies on Pikachu.

Thanks for your time, this has been "Oversharing" with your host, Offline_Play.

Censor bot! What did you do to my post!? you've killed it! EDIT-There, fixed.

Edited by offline_play
Mod_Turtle
17 hours ago, 866gamer668 said:

a Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee&Hitmontop card would be cool

@866gamer668, That would be insanely cool. Maybe it could have an attack called "Triple KO!"

@kodking & @offline_play, Those are some awesome and creative ideas! Please share more if you think of any!

offline_play

@kodking

That does look better at first glance. That 100% heal still feels too OP, but with the reduction you gave it, it feels better somehow. I dunno. And I know Ash's Pikachu has used a Z-move, I was talking about the cards. I was thinking about whether the TCG has referenced Z-Moves before. Just not sure how closely the TCG and the games are tied.

@Mod_Turtle

I really like doing this kind of thing. Back when the Gym Heroes (and whatever the other Leader sets were called) I filled a notebook with an entire sets worth of cards themed around the Kanto Elite Four.

I'll definitely visit here from time to time. Gonna go eat some raw fish and ramen now.

@offline_play with snorlax GX, (the first ever GX promo pack to come out in australia) it had a GX move pulverizing pancake, which is its z-move in the game and series, also i have always wondered why they never made an Ash card. i mean they have made ash's pikachu, ash-grenija EX and so on. so why not make and ash card,  well i am now going to make one. also they make cards that relate to both the videogames and the series. i will get started on making an ash card.

Ash    [supporter]

choose 1 of 3

. search your deck for 6 basic pokemon or basic energy

. search your deck for 4 evolution pokemon

. search your deck for 3 EX or GX pokemon

Edited by kodking

Mega pidgeoto and toucannnon GX base HP: 250   [C]

[Ability] second peck: if this pokemon was taken as a prize card it may use a second attack but only do a maximum of 100 damage

[C] [C] [C] [C]

Fly with the Flock 140: search your deck for any pokemon with a weakness to [E] reveal them and put them into your hand.

[C] [C] [C] [C]

Duo sky dive 100x: flip 2 coins, this attack does 100 damage for each heads

[C] [C] [C] [C]

Free fly: any pokemon with the weakness [E] attack cost is [C]

[C] [C] [C] [C] [C]

[GX] strength of the flock 150: for each pokemon on your bench with the weakness [E] do 50 damage to one of your opponents pokemon (dont apply weakness or resistance to benched pokemon)

weakness: [E]                                    resistance: [G]                retreat cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]