ErrorDev

[GENERAL] Pokemon TCG won't download on Windows!

ErrorDev

Dear Pokémon TCG Online Devs, 

When ever I try to download Pokémon TCG: Online it loads and then this screen pops up. It has all of the coding of what it is supposed to do. Could you please fix this issue. Also make a specific place to look at your cards on the website. If you already have made this please tell me what it is called. 

Thanks, ErrorDev1

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

1.  This is a quote from another thread, with the same problem about downloading in Windows...

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:45 AM, RobRatt said:

I don't know how many months this has been broken, but the download link for Windows doesn't work properly.  Their server is sending the wrong MIME code for Internet Explorer and Edge.  Instead of the executable file, these browsers see it as a web page (html), which is why it looks like gobbledygook (code).  It's an easy fix if someone who handles the AWS server would just look at it.

The solution however is to use an alternate browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.

2.  They do have a TCG Card Database, right on their website (in the Trading Card Game section).  But once you get the game up and running, you probably won't need it much.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_GuruLot
16 hours ago, ErrorDev said:

Dear Pokémon TCG Online Devs, 

When ever I try to download Pokémon TCG: Online it loads and then this screen pops up. It has all of the coding of what it is supposed to do. Could you please fix this issue. Also make a specific place to look at your cards on the website. If you already have made this please tell me what it is called. 

Thanks, ErrorDev1

Hello ErrorDev, 

Thank you for bringing this up. 

Before downloading the installer, please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game.

We also recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome).

You can find the latest game installer here.

I've moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title to be more descriptive. 

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

I've moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title to be more descriptive.  

^^  I'd bet you, when threads get moved, 9 out of 10 times, the original poster thinks, "What the heck?  They deleted my stuff for no reason.  Did I do something wrong?"  It's kind of funny, but I hope he finds your answer.  I know you guys do it, and still have to wonder, "Now, where did that go to?"

2 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

We also recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome).

^^  Do they realize?  ...in much less time than we've spent answering this type of question, the problem with their server could have been fixed so that Windows browsers work properly?

Have you ever called Customer Service for your cell phone, cable, or whatever, and had the Rep tell you that your request can't be done?  Although you know it can.  So then you have to call back, hoping you don't talk to the same person.  And after waiting on hold again, you get someone who says, "No problem.  I can take care of that right now."  Well, this is the same type of deal.  When someone says, "It can't be done," it often means that they alone don't know how to do it.  Windows browsers (both Internet Explorer and Edge) can download MSI files just fine for everything else, even from other Amazon AWS sites.  Isn't it time that someone else looks at this obvious problem?

Edited by RobRatt