Help with pikarom decks

sunAndrew

I am trying to tweak my pikarom deck and i would like some tips, I don't want to use any more gx's prisms or Zapdos as I don't have any.

Deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Blitzle LOT 81
* 2 Magnemite FLI 34
* 2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX PR-SM 168
* 2 Tapu Koko-GX PR-SM 50
* 2 Magneton FLI 35
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 2 Magnezone FLI 36
* 1 Jirachi {*} CES 97

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Chip-Chip Ice Axe UNB 165
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Judge FLI 108
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 2 Judge Whistle TEU 146
* 1 Lt. Surge’s Strategy UNB 178
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Volkner UPR 135
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Last Chance Potion CES 135
* 2 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Electropower LOT 172
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Koga’s Trap UNB 177
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 14

* 14 Lightning Energy  4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Pokemon - 16
2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
2 Zeraora-GX LOT 86
2 Zapdos TEU 40
1 Tapu Koko Prism Star TEU 51
1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47
1 Raikou SLG 32
2 Marshadow SLG 45
2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Wobbuffet LOT 93
1 Marshadow UNB 81

Trainer - 33
4 Lillie SUM 122
4 Guzma BUS 115
2 Volkner UPR 135
4 Electropower LOT 172
4 Energy Switch SUM 117
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Escape Rope BUS 114
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
2 Choice Band GRI 121
1 Thunder Mountain Prism Star LOT 191

Energy - 11
11 Lightning Energy 4

Feildae I don't want any more gx's, or an offical pikarom deck, but the tapu koko prism is a good idea;

Saejluv i tried those:

I don't end up using magnezone enough to warrant rc and nest ball messes up areo trail for koko, those were both cards I already took out

Any more ideas? Lt. surge seems replacable

You make the same problem I've seen time and time again: you put too much emphasize on the Pokemon.

If you don't want to use the “standard” version of the deck, or Zapdos, or any more GX that's totally fine, you can tweak the deck to your liking.

But for God's sake, please fix your trainer cards.

Koga's Trap? Ice Axe? Only 2 Cynthia / Lillie.

Once you get a hold of those issues your deck will run much smoother, regardless of the Pokemon set-up you are eventually going to decide on.

16 hours ago, Felidae_ said:

You make the same problem I've seen time and time again: you put too much emphasize on the Pokemon.

But for God's sake, please fix your trainer cards.

Koga's Trap? Ice Axe? Only 2 Cynthia / Lillie.

koga and ice axe helps me mess with my opponent and has gotten me out of some sticky situations

the lillie / cynthia thing is because i only use those early; if I can get 3 energy and radar then they are unnecessary

also thx for reminding me of tapu prism, i swapped a Blitzle for one

First things first, all of my suggestions are based around the idea that you want to make your deck better and one of the easiest ways to do this is by removing situational / suboptimal cards and streamlining your deck.

Lets take your 2/2 split of Lillie and Koga's Trap as an example: Lillie is arguably the strongest supporter card you can play on turn 1 in the current standard format, so maximising your chance to draw her in the opening hand (by playing copies) will immediately result in a better early game.

In fact, every time you open with Koga and no draw support / a bad draw supporter you are falling behind, simply because yo play cards that clog up your hand in the early turns.

Let's also talk about your point “they got me out of sticky situations”.

I want you to carefully think how and why you gotten into those situations in the first place, because that is the real issue here. A get out of jail free card isn't that great if you never end up in jail.

Additionally, please bare in mind that you are likely facing people of equal skill calibre at the moment and something that works now isn't going to last, trust me on this. Wasting your supporter for the turn (one of your limited resources), for a mediocre status effect is probably the best play 1 out of 1000 times. Given that you also don't run anything to fetch your supporters, this just screams “random deck filler”.

Additionally, if you want to disrupt your opponent you are playing the wrong deck. Judge + Whistle is a cute idea, but I'd leave it at that. Ice Axe can work in decks that focus entirely on disrupting the opponent (i.e. Sableye in Expanded), but in your deck it simply doesn't do nearly enough.

Think about your strategy: how does an ideal first and second turn look? What do you need to get the last remaining prize cards? How can you catch up if you are behind?

You don't need to prepare for every situation and neither do you need to water down your overall strategy.

Follow those tips and you'll see positive results pretty much immediately.

• Like 1