Please just concede do not disconnect

RobertBenjamin

it's being a plague nowadays, losing players just disconnect (worse sore losers even try to exploit resetting timer bug). please just be a good sport and concede !

actually, I think sometimes the person actually does get disconnected. It happens to me and my hubby sometimes. Our computers are fine. I think the site is just buggy like that.

... or that pressing refresh is much faster than actually conceding... if that is their last match of the session.

What I'm saying is, if people are going to play again, they are more likely to concede. If people are playing their last match for the day, they will just close the browser. It is much quicker than going through multiple links just to exit a match. I suggest a one click concede button without having to press a small button in the bottom left corner to open up a menu with the concede button in it.

Another way is auto-concede. Along with the 5 minute window of return, if one doesn't return, they automatically concede. That way, a person need not waste their time by pressing more buttons than just closing the browser.

Another thing is that, the concede button isn't made apparent.

signofzeta, you're joking, right? That there might be people who will close the browser just because they are too lazy to use the concede button? (Isn't it only 2 clicks?) If there really are a lot of people like that, there is a word for them, and it can't be printed here.

No, I think the real problem is that a lot of newer players just don't know about the concede button. I suggest the way to correct this is that for the first 10 times you play a multiplayer match, the loading screen prominently displays a message describing the concede option. Another idea would be for the Concede button to be right on the main gameplay menu on the right side of the screen (but then it would need a confirmation screeen to avoid accidental conessions).

No seriously, it is the fact that the concede button is not readily apparent that people would prefer to close the browser or refresh the page rather than trying to find the concede button.

Usually in games that run on its own executable, the escape key is usually the button that opens up the main menu, in which the "disconnect from match" option is available.

The main menu button is what, so tiny that nobody who doesn't play the game daily notices?

I bet if it is difficult to find a way to shutdown a computer, people would just press the power button, and do a hard shutdown.

I used to block people who disconnected when you had to wait more then 5 mins. (but only if I was pretty sure they did it , just because i was winning) But now it's only 1 min, som it's not neccesary anymore... Therefor its no big thing about disconnecting... But it's ittitating when people just leaving in the middle of a game, making you wait for over 10 mins..Then i definetly block themcry_smile.png

the concede button is really not very obvious. i mean if i wasn't persisten enough in looking for it, i wouldn't have found it. the icon itself is not exactly what would signify as conceding or quitting.

please if you are losing just concede, another player just nerd-raged on me by disconnecting when i was melting his CAKE deck.

actually, I think sometimes the person actually does get disconnected. It happens to me and my hubby sometimes. Our computers are fine. I think the site is just buggy like that.

I think so, too. I had a person disconnect on me earlier today, and the win was pretty much certain for her. I doubt she disconnected on purpose knowing that. I think, in some cases, it's intentional... but more often than not, I think it's genuine bugs issues with the site and computer problems.

ETA: That said, even if I'm losing I won't concede or disconnect intentionally. The game isn't over until it's over for me. :P

It's really not hard to use the concede button.

It's also pretty obvious when someone gets disconnected because the game kicks thm out and when they DC because they're losing.

I was thinking of starting up a DCers thread to list the players who clearly rage quit and just DC, this way when the system for directly challenging players is up and running people can check the DC ers thread to see if the person that challenges them is listed, personally I wouldn't accept a challenge from anyone in the list.

Also then, because the list is being kept it will deter people from DCing and just use the concede button instead.

If I play someone who's clearly new to the game I make sure they know about the concede button when we start so there's no excuse for not pressing it.

Archived