VGC 2012

Harman01

This thread is mainly for poeple who are going to play in the VGC 2012 but anyone can post here.

If you've come here your proberly intrested in the upcoming VGC, this thread is for people to talk about strategies, EV training, ect, ect.

If you need to know the rules they are over here:

http://assets16.pokemon.com/assets/cms-en-uk/pdf/op/tournaments/2011/2012%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Video%20Game%20Championship%20Regulations_UK.pdf

I'll start the disscuisions; What stratagy do you think is better, Beat up and Terrikion or Rage powder and conkelldur

I do VCG as well. You may see me at the national championships next year, so watch out! :D Anyhow, I think Rage Powder and Conkledurr is better, Terrikion is WAY overused. I won't reveal my secrets, but I usually use underused Pokemon as opposed to the common Pokemon like Terrikion or Vanilluxe. I've gotten pretty far with this strategy as well.

Are you in the UK or the US, 'cause i'm in the UK, so we might not see each other.

I acctually prefer Beat Up and Terrikion but i'm trying to find a counter for all those rage powder teams. I was thinking of taunt but then I remembered it's a 3 priority move..... sad_smile.png

anyone know any counters to this stratagy when your using a Beat UP and Terrikion team????

I'm in the US. I see what you mean.... You probably need a good flying type move, just to KO the Pokemon using Rage Powder asap. All the Pokemon who learn it are weak to flying types.

I prefere vaniluxe + victory star victiny stratergy + some kyurems to get easy prizes, It's however a shame that both victiny and vanilluxe are bugged for the moment, anyway on tcgo...

I'm trying to decide between a beat-up weavile or a whimsicott...

Weavile would be good for battling after beat-up but Whim would be good for Prankster Stun spore, Helping hand and Encore on Protect users. What do you guys think?

Ok, Thanks!!

You seem to be really good at compettitive battling leomessifian, we should have a wi-fi battle under 2012 VGC rules some day.

Oh...you ment the vidio games---now i feel stupidwink_smile.png

Then i would prefere my shyny Hydreigon (got from gts) * attack nature with Earthquake/Hyper Voice/ and Outrage ,with Focus Sash. + my second pokemon, shiny Archeops (hatched myself) with high speed (however low attack nature, but good Ev's) with the moves Earthquake/rock slide/acrobatics ,and sitrus berry. I don't know my 3rd choise tough---confused_smile.png .

I like my shiny Timid 31 Sp. Att EV trained Hydregion with Choice Scarf and Draco Meteor, FIre Blast, Focus Blast and Dark Pulse.

And what are the other rules?

Ok, Thanks!!

You seem to be really good at compettitive battling leomessifian, we should have a wi-fi battle under 2012 VGC rules some day.

Sure, but I don't have many non-unova Pokemon. I don't like to transfer. But I'd love to battle!

• 2 months later...

When Drizzle was introduced in Gen 3.

It makes Rain extremely Broken, so it would of been easier to ban the combo then the Wheather Problem it self.

I might Compete when I'm older....

My Hail team FTW =, once I finish Training it.

I guess Im kinda bummed cause Im preparing a team based on that. (polytoad/kingdra/jolteon/ect)

and why didnt I see this anounced on the main pokemon site?

They Did, you just have to look for it...

You can have a Rain Dance Swift Swim team, but you can't have a team with both the Drizzle and Swift Swim abilities

Are you in the UK or the US, 'cause i'm in the UK, so we might not see each other.

I acctually prefer Beat Up and Terrikion but i'm trying to find a counter for all those rage powder teams. I was thinking of taunt but then I remembered it's a 3 priority move..... sad_smile.png

anyone know any counters to this stratagy when your using a Beat UP and Terrikion team????

Fake out is what I use, take out the terakion and their strategy is gone (best if you have multiple fak out users)

They Banned the Drizzle+Swift Swim combo

It isn't baned in the 2012 VGC, maybe on smoogon but not oin the vgc...

Archived