Sign in to follow this  
yangpogo2

Pokemon League Icon

yangpogo2

Hi All,

There's few item cards (eg. max potion) with Pokemon League Icon in SM2, is it possible to open them with SM2 booster pack?

Lalamon

League cards are from codes given by participacion in Pokémon Leagues in real life. Don't appear in Booster Packs.

But you can trade for them. I don't think they are very expensive being Trainer Cards.

• Upvote 1

yangpogo2

okay, understood, previously is not include in the booster pack, right now it show in the booster pack, then i thought we could draw it in booster pack.

RobRatt
5 hours ago, yangpogo2 said:

okay, understood, previously is not include in the booster pack, right now it show in the booster pack, then i thought we could draw it in booster pack.

Those "alternate-art" League Trainers (i.e. Max Potion) fall into a new category, and as correctly said above, you get them from a Code Card at your local League.

Although they have the Set Symbol, they also have that little Yellow A symbol.  There are also Pokémon cards (characters) too, released in Promo Boxes, etc. that have the Yellow A symbol.  That shows that they are a Promo, but one that uses an existing set number, rather than creating a separate Promo number (SM-xxx).  Whenever you see the Yellow A, that means it's an alternate-art version.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Loof6
9 hours ago, RobRatt said:

Those "alternate-art" League Trainers (i.e. Max Potion) fall into a new category, and as correctly said above, you get them from a Code Card at your local League.

Although they have the Set Symbol, they also have that little Yellow A symbol.  There are also Pokémon cards (characters) too, released in Promo Boxes, etc. that have the Yellow A symbol.  That shows that they are a Promo, but one that uses an existing set number, rather than creating a separate Promo number (SM-xxx).  Whenever you see the Yellow A, that means it's an alternate-art version.

That's right.

More difficult to distinguish are the cards from the Battle Arena Decks and the galaxy foils. These cards are also listed in the sets, but can not be pulled out of the booster. You can get them through codes and trade.
You can distinguish the Battle Arena cards as far as I know not actually. The galaxy foils are only recognizable by the holo effect (stars as a holo effect).

Sign in to follow this