SKBellmore

Forum Norm! (New! Come Check It Out!)

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Nightly News 17 kicks off with...nothing major. I know I'm not posting every night, but if I can't give you anything worth noting, why mention it?

I'll hit you up with my thoughts on some of the GX cards from Unified Minds-

Aerodactyl GX-

Evolved from an Unidentified Fossil, 210 HP gives it some staying power. A nice 120 damage per turn, with the GX attack, Wild Dive GX, doing 50 damage times the number of energy on the Defending Pokémon. Wait for you opponent to be fully powered, or strike early? Granted, powering up is safer on the bench, But Aerodactyl's Primal Winds Ability doesn't make it easy. Forcing your opponent to add 1 [C] to their attack costs could be bad for some decks, I would think.

Rowlet & Alolan Exeggutor GX-

That abomination is everywhere, so I might as well address it. Super Growth costs...nothing. Not a single energy. Search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from a pokemon on your bench and JUST DO IT! Then, if the new Pokemon is a Stage 1, and has a Stage 2 evolution available, go ahead and do that, too. Nice, fast evolutions. could potentially double your bench growth, if you use it for pumping up your real attackers. Or, use it AS your attacker. 150 damage and heal 30 is no pushover. With the GX attack potentially forcing your opponent to clear all energy from their pokemon and return that energy to the deck? Ouch.

Jirachi GX-

The ability Psychic Zone removes Psychic weaknesses from damage calculations, for both players.

Star Search, for 1 [P], searches and attaches [P] energy to one of your pokemon, for no damage.

Star Shield GX prevents all effects and damage to Jirachi GX during the next turn, and 100 damage.

I could see this one doing time on the bench, if it gets major use at all.

This has been your host, with opinions instead of news, Offline_Play

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, if you haven't heard about it.

Edited by offline_play

Ash101416744

Aerodactyl GX is a terrible card because 120 damage per turn is a pathetic attack for a stage 1 GX Pokemon and it's GX attack relies too heavily on the opponent. The ability is interesting,  but there aren't any competitive fighting decks in standard. Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX is a cool card but it will probably not make an impact competitively considering how fire type decks have been dominating the standard format as of late. Jirachi GX might be useful.

• Downvote 2

offline_play

Well, I didn't exactly think Aerodactyl was good, per se, but there's worse stage 1's. The GX attack is, I suppose a little bit shy of true usefulness. I was just thinking of all the energy intensive GX beatsticks out there right now. Forcing the opponent to drop even  more energy on them with Primal Winds puts a good number into KO range using Wild Dive. But yeah, it's really just a card with neat mechanics, other than a regular.

Oh, fire types. Right....

Didn't think about that.

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Nightly News 18 Will bring you a partial list of dates for the 2020 regionals TCG tournaments. US, and a couple in Europe. Latin America and Oceana to follow. I wonder if this'll actually post.

Date Location TCG Format
Sept. 28–29, 2019 Atlantic City Convention Center
One Convention Blvd
Atlantic City, NJ
Standard
Oct. 11–13, 2019 Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley St.
Knoxville, TN
Standard
Nov. 2–3, 2019 Greater Richmond Convention Center
403 N 3rd St.
Richmond, VA
Expanded
Nov. 8–10, 2019 Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR
Expanded
Dec. 7–8, 2019 San Diego Convention Center
111 W Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA
Standard
Jan. 17–19, 2020 Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport
2334 N International Pkwy
Dallas, TX
Expanded
Feb. 28–Mar. 1, 2020 Gateway Center
1 Gateway Dr.
Collinsville, IL
Expanded
Mar. 13–15, 2020 The International Centre
6900 Airport Rd.
Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Standard
Mar. 20–22, 2020 Charlotte Convention Center
501 S College St.
Charlotte, NC
Expanded
Apr. 4–5, 2020 Salt Palace Convention Center
100 S West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT
Expanded
May 9–10, 2020 Albany Capital Center
55 Eagle St.
Albany, NY
Standard
May 22–24, 2020 Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA
Standard
May 22–24, 2020 Grand Wayne Convention Center
120 W Jefferson Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN
Standard
June 5–7, 2020 Wisconsin Center
555 W Wells St.
Milwaukee, WI
Standard

Dates, locations, and formats subject to change. More events may be added at a later date.

European Regional Championships Schedule

Date Location TCG Format
Sept. 7–8, 2019 Ponds Forge Sports Centre
Sheaf St
Sheffield S1 2BP
United Kingdom
Standard
Sept. 28–29, 2019 Sartory Säle
Friesenstraße 44-48
50670 Köln
Germany
Standard
Edited by offline_play

offline_play

So Nightly News 18 is a thing.

I'll drop another GX on you, Mawile GX-

170 HP [M]

Ability : Captivating Wink

When you play it onto your bench, look at your opponents hand; from ******** any number of basic pokemon onto their bench.

**** Bite

[M][C] 10+

Does an extra 30 damage for every pokemon on the opponents bench.

Big Eater GX

[M][C]

Opponent reveals their hand, and discards all supporters from it.

Now this one I like. The GX being only once a game makes it a gamble, but there are ways of revealing the opponents hand. I wish it did damage though. Hand control seems to be the theme here, unless you're blind. *********** was pointed out, Fire decks currently rule the format, and guess what Mawile GX's 2x weakness is? Resistance to Psychic and 1 retreat cost.

Unified Minds wallops us Aug 2nd, with prereleases starting this weekend.

offline_play

For Nightly News 19, a little more news on Hidden Fates

On the physical end, Hidden Fates won't be available in single-booster packs, rather in promo boxes and Elite Trainer Boxes.

Promo Boxes featuring Mew and Mewtwo will be available from the start, and an Elite Trainer Box will drop Sep 20th.

On the online end of things, I have no idea! I imagine they'll be tourney prizes and such. Just be sure that I'll have a couple dozen codes floating around in my giveaway pool.

Out.

On the giveaway side of things, only two days left till I draw for the winner of the "It's My Birthday!" giveaway. Giving away a code for a set of Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir.

Also giving away packs, if you know the password (hint, it's in a post on the previous page)

yaar1

Happy birthday day!

offline_play

Something weird happened over the weekend where I couldn't make any messages of any kind here on the forum, it's like it was disabled. Anyone else?

I'd like to announce the winners of the "It's my Birthday" giveaway.

@Kodking is the big winner- The Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir code, as well as four bonus codes

@Yelf59 took second with three codes

and @Harshu was third with two codes as the prize.

Thanks for participating!

I'll do another giveaway like this at some point.

• Like 1

kodking

i won a raffle on my friends discord server and the prize was 5 unified minds booster boxes, i wont need every singal one so if u people want i can give some codes, to do so like this post or upvote it and message me. it will still be a while as the cards have not been released for me in australia.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

offline_play

And a long overdue Nightly news No. 21!

Some more Dream League cards are leaked.

Reshiram & Zekrom-GX – Dragon – HP270
Basic Pokemon (TAG TEAM)

[R][L] Thunderflame Dream: 90x damage. Discard up to 3 in any combination of basic [R] and basic [L] Energy cards from your Benched Pokemon. This attack does 90 damage for each card discarded in this way.

[R][R][L][L]+ Cross Break GX: This attack does 170 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. If you played “N’s Resolve” from your hand during this turn, this attack also does 170 damage to another 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

(N is featured in the artwork of the card.)

N’s Resolve – Trainer
Supporter

Discard the top 6 cards from your deck. Attach all basic Energy discarded in this way to 1 of your Benched Dragon Pokemon.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Lillie’s Best Effort – Trainer
Supporter

Draw 4 cards from your deck. If you have 3 or more cards in your hand at the end of this turn, shuffle cards into your deck until you have 2 cards remaining.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack.

Lillie’s Clefairy Doll – Trainer – HP30
Item

Play this card as if it were a 30 HP [C] Basic Pokemon.

At any time during your turn (before your attack), you may put this card on the bottom of your deck. (Discard all cards attached to it.)

This card can’t retreat. If this card is Knocked Out, your opponent can’t take any Prize cards for it.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Clefairy – Fairy – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C][C][C] Doll Transformation: 60 damage. Return this Pokemon and all card attached to it into your hand. Then, you may play a Lillie’s Clefairy Doll from your hand as your Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

kodking
1 hour ago, offline_play said:

And a long overdue Nightly news No. 21!

Some more Dream League cards are leaked.

Reshiram & Zekrom-GX – Dragon – HP270
Basic Pokemon (TAG TEAM)

[R][L] Thunderflame Dream: 90x damage. Discard up to 3 in any combination of basic [R] and basic [L] Energy cards from your Benched Pokemon. This attack does 90 damage for each card discarded in this way.

[R][R][L][L]+ Cross Break GX: This attack does 170 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. If you played “N’s Resolve” from your hand during this turn, this attack also does 170 damage to another 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Retreat: 3

(N is featured in the artwork of the card.)

N’s Resolve – Trainer
Supporter

Discard the top 6 cards from your deck. Attach all basic Energy discarded in this way to 1 of your Benched Dragon Pokemon.

Lillie’s Best Effort – Trainer
Supporter

Draw 4 cards from your deck. If you have 3 or more cards in your hand at the end of this turn, shuffle cards into your deck until you have 2 cards remaining.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack.

Lillie’s Clefairy Doll – Trainer – HP30
Item

Play this card as if it were a 30 HP [C] Basic Pokemon.

At any time during your turn (before your attack), you may put this card on the bottom of your deck. (Discard all cards attached to it.)

This card can’t retreat. If this card is Knocked Out, your opponent can’t take any Prize cards for it.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Clefairy – Fairy – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C][C][C] Doll Transformation: 60 damage. Return this Pokemon and all card attached to it into your hand. Then, you may play a Lillie’s Clefairy Doll from your hand as your Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)

wait what is this for?

offline_play

Sorry for the late replies, Internet went down in my area, and apparently you can't make posts / messages on mobile devices.

The cards above are part of Japan's "Dream League" set, which will be part of our November set.

Nightly News #22 will bring us some more sneaky peeks.

Xatu – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Natu

[P] Ominous Wind: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[P][C] Life Drain: Flip a coin. If heads, put damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon until its remaining HP is 10.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Will-SM11b-145x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.7asKWill – Trainer
Supporter

After playing this card, the first time you flip a coin for the effect of a Trainer card, an Ability, or an attack during this turn, you may choose to make the result heads or tails.

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Nightly News 23# brings us more on "Dream League" Japans new set, which will be in our November set.

The good 'ol boys, Pikachu and Raichu!

Pikachu – Lightning – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[L] Nuzzle: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[L][L][C] Volt Tackle: 70 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)

Raichu-SM11b-143x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.3dRaichu – Lightning – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Pikachu

[C] Nuzzle: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[L] Powerful Spark: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Lightning Energy attached to your Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)

That Powerful Spark could be really nasty, late game. Might be hard to build up energy needed, but once it gets going? And no need to pile energy on Raichu, which has less-than-stellar HP. Powerful Spark draws it's damage from all your Pokemon. I doubt it'll be a Game changer like a GX or TAGTEAM, but it'd be interesting to see it as a main in a deck.

Edited by offline_play

Chasista

@offline_play thanks for the 2 packs, SUM and CES. I'll keep them to trade for cards from the new upcoming set.

offline_play
Posted (edited)

Nightly News 24 is a couple more cards From Dream League revealed. Technically, the whole set is now released for the public eye, but I doubt anyone wants to slog through all that text. If you are interested let me know, and I'll put up the full list.

Gallade – Psychic – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kirlia

Ability: Double Type
As long as this Pokemon is in play, its type is both [P] and [FAIRY]

TWO COLORLESS

Power Cyclone: 120 damage. Move an Energy from this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Rosa – Trainer
Supporter

You can play this card only if 1 of your Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Search your deck for a Pokemon, a Trainer, and a basic Energy, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

EDIT-I really, really hate the censorbot. It hid the text symbols for Fairy and Colorless, so I put them in bold above. Staff should really give it a kick in the rear.

Edited by offline_play

harshu

Got 2 UNB from offline :D Thanks for doing this !

offline_play

Nightly News, installment 25! Unified Minds Theme Decks!

First up will be Soaring Storm, containing-

Spoiler

Dragonite x 2               Bug Catcher x2

Dragonair x 3              Cynthia x2

Dratini x 3                    E. Recycle System x1

Lanturn x 2                  Fisherman x1

Chinchou x 2               Hau x2

Pidgeot x 1                  Lillie x2

Pidgeotto x 2              P. Communication x2

Pidgey x 3                   P. Fan Club x2

Thundurus x 2            Switch x1

Tornadus x 2              Tate & Liza x1

Alolan Grimer x 2      Lightning E. x11

Water E. x9

Second is Laser Focus, inside is-

Spoiler

Necrozma x2                Bug Catcher x2

Malamar x2                   Cynthia x2

Inkay x2                         Hau x2

Gumshoos x2               Lillie x2

Yungoos x2                   Mysterious Treasure x2

Silvally x2                     P. Fan Club x2

Type: Null x3               Switch x1

Audino x2                    U-Turn Board x2

Mesprit x2                   Psychic E. x18

Dedenne x2                Weakness Guard E. x2

Tauros x2 

How's that grab ya?

• Upvote 1

Ash101416744

It's a shame that Dragonite doesn't attach grass and electric instead of water and electric.

• Downvote 1

offline_play

So, on the giveaway side of things, I was at a release event for Unified Minds today, and bought a whole box of UNM!

Opened it at the event, and was told that my Foils-in-box ratio was pretty average. The rarity of said foils, however, was not.

Pulled-

Mawile GX

Naganadel GX

Aerodactyl GX

Slowpoke & Psyduck GX

Dragonite GX (Full Art)

Blue's Tactics (Full Art)

Garchomp & Giratina GX (Secret/Rainbow Rare)

Pretty nice. Hoping the Elite Trainer box coming to me has similar success.

The sitting next to me had a few packs and pulled a Mewtwo & Mew GX, as well as a Garchomp & Giratina GX. Pretty good, with some other nice cards in his packs.

Here's the good news-I'm going to be mixing those codes into the draw pool for my booster giveaways, but first...

The first 7 people to request a code will get a bonus UNM pack! Sadly, I'm going to restrict this to people who have a post count of at least 15, and spam posts don't count.

(Why 7? Because that's the number of good foils I pulled. Got some other nice ones like Cherish Ball, a Lapras I like, A couple Misty's Favor, a couple Blue's Tactics, a whole set of Gible, Gabite, Garchomp and Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus...I could go on about my favorite pulls, but I won't.)

All in all, a fun day.

kodking

i am not gonna repost so those who want to see what i got in a huge UNM thing i got go to the who got lucky thread and read it there, i got some really good pulls from one booster box. also the new mew card is like the reshi-zard on UNM. i will leave the link to the thread

here:  https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/37887-who-got-lucky/page/20/?tab=comments#comment-630013

DawsonJr88

Hey, a belated happy birthday to you, Offline! Been pretty busy, so haven't really had time to pop in. At my place, but Internet is still down, and no one could come out until the ninth; we're going back tomorrow, and obviously won't be here, so not looking good for next month either. Really wish this darn thing was available on smartphones!

DawsonJr88

Hey, a belated happy birthday to you, Offline! Been pretty busy, so haven't really had time to pop in. At my place, but Internet is still down, and no one could come out until the ninth; we're going back tomorrow, and obviously won't be here, so not looking good for next month either. Really wish this darn thing was available on smartphones!

offline_play

Thanks, friend! And it is disappointing that the site isn't mobile friendly, I had that problem myself recently.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nightly News # 26

First off, Blaines Quiz is banned for worlds, I would guess standard isn't far behind.

Second...

UNM is neat...

That's all I got.