SKBellmore

Forum Norm! (New! Come Check It Out!)

Loof6
9 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

Well out of all,

If you prefer more skill-based games, use Storm Caller.

If you prefer slower games, use Blazing Volcano.

If you prefer fast games, use Relentless Flame.

That's a good summery.

I like Blazing Volcano, because it's also good against Waterdecks (Heracross) and you get with Houndoom and Magcargo the cards you need like Switch, Big Malasada vs Storm Celler. But I think the biggest advantage over Storm Celler, Relentless Flames and other decks is Guzma. Storm Celler without Ampharos and Relentless Flames without Nidoqueen is nothing. With Guzma you can defeat the stage 1 Pokemon (Flaaffy/Nidorina) before your opponent can play Ampharos / Nidoqueen.

SKBellmore
6 hours ago, Loof6 said:

That's a good summery.

Thanks. I didn’t think it was lol.

6 hours ago, Loof6 said:

I like Blazing Volcano, because it's also good against Waterdecks (Heracross) and you get with Houndoom and Magcargo the cards you need like Switch, Big Malasada vs Storm Celler. But I think the biggest advantage over Storm Celler, Relentless Flames and other decks is Guzma. Storm Celler without Ampharos and Relentless Flames without Nidoqueen is nothing. With Guzma you can defeat the stage 1 Pokemon (Flaaffy/Nidorina) before your opponent can play Ampharos / Nidoqueen.

Oh yeah, Heracross. I don’t actually have the deck, although I’m not really interested in buying them anymore because I have a big enough and good enough card pool to play Standard and Expanded. And I thought Magcargo was to help Entei’s second attack? Haha forgot, it has Guzma. Yeah, that’s pretty hard to deal with sometimes. 

SKBellmore
7 hours ago, RestlessThought said:

What's so special about that Heracross that they'd want to reveal it early? XD

I don’t know. It’s so bad because when this comes out you don’t even have DCE in Standard.  This would be good with TAE if Heracross gets an evolution in Gen 8.

7 hours ago, RestlessThought said:

Draw Energy seems pretty cool tho, always appreciate drawing more cards and seeing if I can accidentally deck myself.

This is mostly good for Porygon-Z based decks, like Whimsicott GX.

harshu
12 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

Nightly News: Episode 1

Welcome to the first episode of Nightly News! Today, our new cards came in the form of Heracross, and a new Special Energy called Draw Energy. These cards will very likely come out in our November set, which will consist of the Japanese sets “Remix Bout”, “Dream League”, and “Alter Genesis”. I don’t know how accurate the translations are, but here we go!

Is it possible for you to add the link in the Nightly News Section in the front page of every post related to that section. I almost missed this because of so many replies and then the page turned. I know it might be a hassle but even if post number of post link can be updated on the corresponding section it would be a great help, since then I could just see the front page and know if something new has come up or not :)

WingsofFire1014

Staple Alert!

Persian GX, Dewgong (UB), and Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack), are now part of the most popular Zoroark GX deck.

This deck is winning and it could become the Zoroark GX variant that you see the most.I

Have 1 Persian GX, 1-2 Dewgong (UB), and 1 Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack).

These cards are potential inclusions for the main thread.

SKBellmore
5 hours ago, harshu said:

Is it possible for you to add the link in the Nightly News Section in the front page of every post related to that section. I almost missed this because of so many replies and then the page turned. I know it might be a hassle but even if post number of post link can be updated on the corresponding section it would be a great help, since then I could just see the front page and know if something new has come up or not :)

Thanks for the feedback!

4 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Staple Alert!

Persian GX, Dewgong (UB), and Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack), are now part of the most popular Zoroark GX deck.

This deck is winning and it could become the Zoroark GX variant that you see the most.I

Have 1 Persian GX, 1-2 Dewgong (UB), and 1 Slowpoke ( Lost Zone attack).

These cards are potential inclusions for the main thread.

I think you should add these to the main thread, if anything, Persian GX.

Also, how do you plan on determining the staples after Worlds (the first major tournament with the rotation and UNM legal)?

offline_play

Heracross is one of my favorites, so a new one is neat. Draw energy sounds pretty nice too.

Updated main post with my latest pulls if anyone's interested.

WingsofFire1014
3 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I think you should add these to the main thread, if anything, Persian GX.

Also, how do you plan on determining the staples after Worlds (the first major tournament with the rotation and UNM legal)?

After Worlds I am going to temporarily shut down my main thread for reconstruction. I would add Persian but some of the Zoroark archetypes didn't stick around for long. If it is still winning in say 20 days, then I will add it.

I will add the whole alert to the main thread as well.

thanks for helping!

UPDATE TO MAIN THREAD

Edited by WingsofFire1014

SKBellmore
27 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

After Worlds I am going to temporarily shut down my main thread for reconstruction. I would add Persian but some of the Zoroark archetypes didn't stick around for long. If it is still winning in say 20 days, then I will add it.

I will add the whole alert to the main thread as well.

thanks for helping!

Thanks for the answer! I would think Persian is a staple in all GX decks that aren’t Green’s based, but idk.

WingsofFire1014
2 minutes ago, SKBellmore said:

Thanks for the answer! I would think Persian is a staple in all GX decks that aren’t Green’s based, but idk.

Maybe. If it starts seeing play in other decks I will definently add it.

• Upvote 1

harshu
On 6/17/2019 at 7:43 AM, offline_play said:

It was Tropical Shake A-Exeggutor. I didn't know there were *shudders* more than one. As I said, it seems like a good card, but regardless, You ain't gonna find one in my decks. O'course, I don't play online, so you're not gonna see ANY of my decks. Although Now I've got the itch to make one and post it, for giggles.

Also, you've got a code coming your way.

Thanks for the code :D

I pulled a few good cards - Dust Island, Zubat rev holo and Whimsicott GX Full Art :D:D

offline_play

Full Art cards are always nice to get. Whimsicott's not fantastic, but it not bad either. Not familiar with Dust Island.

*google*

Oh, neat. I wonder if it keeps the original damage specs of the poison. Like Salazzle's Severe Poison.

DawsonJr88

Hey, just wanted to thank Offline for the pack. It's a Sun and Moon one, and will crack it open once I get back to my place next Sunday (the 30th) - currently at my grandfather's, so have limited Internet access.

SKBellmore

Nightly News: Episode 2

Hi there, and welcome to the second episode of Nightly News! We have a lot of news today, so let’s get to it!

First up, the English translations of Naganadel-GX  and Jirachi-GX were revealed on the Official Pokémon site. You can find their respective image by clicking their names. The Naganadel-GX was included in Japan’s “Sky Legend” set, while Jirachi-GX was included in the Japanese Espeon & Deoxys Deck. They will come out in our August set Unified Minds.

Our second and final piece of news are Kyogre, as well as a Phione. These will be included in the Japanese set “Remix Bout”. These will likely come out in our November set.

Kyogre – Water – HP130
Basic Pokemon

[C] High Tide: Attach 2 [W] Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon.

[W][W][C][C] Swirling Waves: 130 damage. Discard an Energy from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Phione – Water – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Whirlpool Drag
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may have your opponent switch their Active Pokemon with 1 of their Benched Pokemon. If you do, discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and put this Pokemon at the bottom of your deck.

[W] Wave Splash: 10 damage.

Retreat: 1

Thanks for watching Nightly News!

offline_play

1 hour ago, SKBellmore said:

Hi there, and welcome to the second episode of Nightly News! We have a lot of news today, so let’s get to it!.....>

I mostly base my "cards I like" off the Pokémon I like, so most of those aren't my cup of tea, but the Kyogre sounds nice.

Because of nice roommates, brothers and local card events, I got myself another bunch of cards (and codes) Some really nice ones were pulled, if you want to know. I'll update my section of the first page.

@WingsofFire1014

What type of decks do you think are going to be the main contenders at Worlds? I was pretty surprised in (2015?), when the champion Luxdrill deck had like, six energy total. I didn't think a deck could function with so little energy.

harshu
On 6/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, offline_play said:

I guess the most recent pull I made was these five noteable cards-

Dialga - Lost Thunder - Foil - I guess Dialga deserves a mention just because it's a legendary, and while it seems pretty solid, I never really liked that set of legends.

Espeon - Lost Thunder - Foil - Espeon Isn't one of my top picks for Eeveelutions, but I do like it. And an energy heavy opponent will take big damage.

Chansey - Lost Thunder - This card sucks. Useless against bigger threats. Why'd I mention it? I dunno...

Reuniclus - Fates Collide - A nice, low cost attack with big potential, if set up right. 180 potential damage sounds pretty good, but it's super thin on HP.

Lugia BREAK - Fates Collide - Mid-high range HP, super high cost attack (four colorless, and you have to discard all? 150 damage is tempting, but...)

Lugia Break only needs to discard 2 energy, so you could attach a choice band and discard a double colourless energy. That gives 180 damage per turn and recycle with special charge.

Espeon is a very good tech to have in Psychic decks. It can easily knock out Buzzwole and it can work as a comeback tech. Mostly a threat against decks like Greninja & Zoroark which rely on having large amounts of energy in play.

Dialga although wouldn't be seen in play, its first attack is pretty damaging. It does 90 with a choice band and "de-evolves" a GX pokemon bringing it to stage 1. Most stage 1 pokemon are 90-100 hp so thats a knock out right there !

I read Reuniclus for the first time and man I am going to make a deck on it right now :D

RobRatt
3 hours ago, offline_play said:

@WingsofFire1014

What type of decks do you think are going to be the main contenders at Worlds?

Dude, this is like asking a duck why a 747 flies so fast.  Expect the unexpected.  That's what we can count on.  The players who take the Worlds stage are always two steps ahead of the rest of us, which is why they're there, and we're here.

Even the other contenders will be surprised.  Sure, some familiar decks will show up, but surprises will too.  Maybe you were playing then, I'm not sure, about 15 years ago, but remember when the whole Japanese player base shocked everyone with the Magma deck, and Yamato became a rock star overnight?  Or three years ago, when a stinkin' Audino deck took first place, and never anything after that?

Edited by RobRatt

offline_play

@harshu

I see, I misread that as "All energy", I had a hard time reading that particular section. Thanks for the clarification!

With weakness, It's a killer, but only on high-energy-cost opponents. Although there aren't a whole lot of cards now that rely on the 1 energy beatdown method, so I guess there'd be more on the field...

I'll admit that I judged Dialga based purely on my personal dislike for him. :D 

And yeah, you should totally do a Reuniclus deck and tell me how it does. I think it'd require too long a set-up time to be really good.

Thanks for giving your thoughts on my pulls! You've got a code coming your way, as do @Loof6, @HarbingerX3, and @Yelf59. Thanks for being a part of the community and this new discussion space!

• Like 1

harshu
On 6/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, offline_play said:

Regice - RvFoil - Ancient Origins - I'm really only mentioning this one for the story. Pulled this as my rare, and right behind it was another, just not foil. Funny how that happens

Skarmory - SM Base Set - I really like a good number of steel types, and this one is no exception. Not a great card, but I like it.

Honchkrow - RvFoil - Ancient Origins - Another not that great card that I like regardless.

White Kyurem - Foil - Lost Thunder - It looks cool, and It's a solid attacker (160 DMG with set-up). Mid-high HP, would use this in a deck.

Sharpedo - RvFoil - SM Base Set - Nice damage, Cool looking Pokémon. A win in my binder.

Sharpedo - Unbroken Bonds - Does much nicer damage than the previous one mentioned. Too bad about that art style, tho...

Gliscor - RvFoil - Unbroken Bonds - Meh. I like it, so it gets a mention.

Now for the good stuff-

This weird Exeggutor that I got from Evolutions. The card # is 109/108, it's in Japanese, and it looks...just weird.

Whimsicott GX - FAFoil - Unbroken Bonds - Another one. Great.

Greninja & Zoroark GX - FAFoil - Unbroken Bonds - Much better.

Mimikyu GX - RAFoil - Gotta love that rainbow. WHY GIVE IT TO MIMIKYU!

KOGA'S TRAP - FAFOIL - UNBROKEN BONDS - YES!YES!YES! Coolness.

Regice used to be a budget deck when Ancient Origins came out. It could be used against an all "EX" deck and win easily.

I couldn't find a Honchkrow from Ancient Origins ? Is there one in that set ?

Sharpedo's ability is so good (unbroken bonds) - I am thinking of using it with Greninja & Zoroark, and since you have pulled 1 as well. Why don't you try that as well ? :D

Although hypnotix laser rules expanded for special conditions, Koga's trap is a supporter and not an item. So while it can be crucial to play it also finishes your supporter for that turn. Need to be careful when to use it.

Others are simply amazing :D

Edit - @offline_play Thanks for the code, got a guardians rising pack :)

Edited by harshu

Chasista

Got a Sceptile promo very good looking art (or just different which also counts (and an UNB pack from codes which I'll keep to try to trade for a ReshiZard.. Thanks Offline_play

offline_play

The Sceptile art is really nice. I don't really like the cartoony looking ones, or the "posed figure" style.

7 hours ago, RobRatt said:

Dude, this is like asking a duck why a 747 flies so fast.  Expect the unexpected.  That's what we can count on.  The players who take the Worlds stage are always two steps ahead of the rest of us, which is why they're there, and we're here.

Ha, that's true. I don't know the decks you mentioned, may google them when I have time later.

• Like 1

Loof6

@offline_play Thanks for the lost thunder pack. I pulled nothing realy good only eevee reverse holo and rare Ho-Oh. Neverthenless thanks. I got the chance of something good.

• Downvote 1

SKBellmore

Nightly News: Episode 3

Hey, and welcome to another episode of Nightly News! Today we have a new Groudon, that will be coming out in Japan’s Remix Bout set, and will come out in our November set. Here are the translation. And see you next time!

Groudon – Fighting – HP130
Basic Pokemon

[C] Drought: Choose up to 2 basic [F] Energy cards from your hand and attach them to 1 of your Pokemon.

[F][F][C] Shaking Earth: 130 damage. This Pokemon can’t use this attack during your next turn.

Retreat: 3

Edited by SKBellmore
Censor

offline_play

Nice. Poor man's version of Blastoise, as you're limited to what you're already holding. Plenty of options to actually get that energy in hand. Why Fighting type, though? I mean, you don't usually see energy manipulation in Fighting types, do you? And besides which, Groudon...FIRE!? Not saying it should always be fire, just saying that's not my first impression of the big G.