GR0

Trainer Challenge AI often uses worst attack

GR0
Posted (edited)

Seems the Trainer Challenge AI has been changed lately. In some ways good (example: Manectric EX actually uses Assault Laser now rather than just Overrun all the time), but mostly worse. Quite often I see the AI use a worse attack without reason. For example, before, worse picks at least had reason (Manectric EX's Overrun at least had as reason to damage a benched Pokemon which Assault Laser doesn't do), but now I see things like Slugma (3 Energy) use Grass Fire despite my Pokemon having 0 Grass Energy, or Makuhita (3 Energy) use its 10-damage attack instead of its 40-damage attack.

Edited by GR0
  • Upvote 1

TheBlackxRanger

I feel like the AI keeps getting worse! I know its just a computer but the testing AI isnt great. Now the trainer challenge (3rd tier) AI, can be pretty brutal.

In addition, its pretty unfair to test a standard deck against an older XY theme deck lol.

Yelf59

I also find the new AI even worse than before. 

Sometimes, the oponent doesn't attack.

He plays a lure and then sacrifices it, also. 

GR0
2 hours ago, Yelf59 said:

I also find the new AI even worse than before. 

Sometimes, the oponent doesn't attack.

He plays a lure and then sacrifices it, also. 

AI not attacking is something that already used to be the case before the latest AI update, and has been in the game for at least a year. It almost always happens during a turn where the AI doesn't attach an energy from their hand